2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Trae Young is the first player to jump into contact and draw ticky tack calls. Because of course he started his career before Manu Ginobili, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Steph Curry...

I knew someone would come back with this. I’ve never liked any of that crap but Young does it at a different level. He’s looking to foul draw at every corner.

I expect the NBA is going to change TJ IRR rules because of him in the off season. They don’t want that to be a staple of the game.

It’s hard to detail, but using the eye test what he does is very very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Middleton is the key to the suns / bucks finals IMO. both teams have various ways to get offense (while for example the hawks are reliant on young). 

if middleton has more good than bad games I think they can beat the suns. but thats a big if. dude ie eratic AF. his shooting tonight also allows for bud to not fuck it up too, so well, that'll be 9.95

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, staboner said:

Middleton is the key to the suns / bucks finals IMO. both teams have various ways to get offense (while for example the hawks are reliant on young). 

if middleton has more good than bad games I think they can beat the suns. but thats a big if. dude ie eratic AF. his shooting tonight also allows for bud to not fuck it up too, so well, that'll be 9.95

Can we stop handing series to teams through 3 games? Especially after this playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

So are you assuming Trae's out? 

Tonight was still a close game. Maybe Middleton gets hurt in game 4 and it flips back. 

even with young healthy i think they are too dependant on him creating. similar to luka IMO. If their shots stop falling I think they crumble easier. Whereas with the bucks they have a few more options, even if those options aren't terribly electric. of course anything can happen. 

I can't imagine how quickly the Bucks/Hawks series would be over if Bud benched Brook Lopez. He was minus 17 last night and minus 14 in game 1. Young has been killing him on picks and as soon as they pulled Lopez in the fourth quarter for PJ, Milwaukee ran them off the court. Nothing against Lopez, who I think is a fine player, but this is a bad matchup for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I can't imagine how quickly the Bucks/Hawks series would be over if Bud benched Brook Lopez. He was minus 17 last night and minus 14 in game 1. Young has been killing him on picks and as soon as they pulled Lopez in the fourth quarter for PJ, Milwaukee ran them off the court. Nothing against Lopez, who I think is a fine player, but this is a bad matchup for him. 

It’s truly insane. Nothing against Lopez either but it’s not like they need him for this series anyway. Freak works just fine as the center and doesn’t get hunted on the PnR like Lopez does. 

24 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s truly insane. Nothing against Lopez either but it’s not like they need him for this series anyway. Freak works just fine as the center and doesn’t get hunted on the PnR like Lopez does. 

Yeah, I actually like Lopez and the effort he's given.   He's had some very nice defensive possessions out on the floor against Trae.  He's not going to win even most of his matchups with Trae 30 ft from the bucket but he's made some plays out there.   He's also been a nice lane presence defensively and has rebounded well.    They go to him a lot more than say Utah did with Gobert and he's scored well in the lane.   I dont think +/- tells the whole story with that but I can definitely see the point of taking him off the floor a little more and maybe saving him for PHX and Ayton (if they get by ATL of course)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Of course trey young is hobboed and went down right as ATL was up in a pivotal game. 
I fully expect this Bucks team to make the finals and then the other teams bus have a crash on the way to the arena. Or NC State Covid situation. 
these Bucks will go down as the least deserving (by far) title winner in my lifetime, narrowly edging out silver medal wining Miami in 06 (referees screwing Cuban) and bronze medal winning raptors (lololol at the idea of them winning more than one pity game over a healthy Golden State. 
Most teams that win the title catch an occasional break. This Milwaukee team is just kind of gross to think of hoisting the trophy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Of course trey young is hobboed and went down right as ATL was up in a pivotal game. 
I fully expect this Bucks team to make the finals and then the other teams bus have a crash on the way to the arena. Or NC State Covid situation. 
these Bucks will go down as the least deserving (by far) title winner in my lifetime, narrowly edging out silver medal wining Miami in 06 (referees screwing Cuban) and bronze medal winning raptors (lololol at the idea of them winning more than one pity game over a healthy Golden State. 
Most teams that win the title catch an occasional break. This Milwaukee team is just kind of gross to think of hoisting the trophy. 

Wow, bad take here.  Luck with injuries are a part of every single playoff run.   They would be no less champs than any other.

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Very often it's better to be lucky than good.

5 minutes ago, d2o said:

Wow, bad take here.  Luck with injuries are a part of every single playoff run.   They would be no less champs than any other.

They’d have gotten dusted last round. They played with both of their own hands wrapped around their own throat this round until they got lucky with Trae last night. They were in the process of losing to an ATL team well ahead of their time/ pretty mediocre. They miss both good teams on the other side of the bracket that if healthy would have drilled them (lakers and clippers). It’s really jarring and there is a reason why Bud was on his way to getting fired and the inside the NBA crew just shakes their head and is sad whenever they talk about the bucks and how stupid they are. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They’d have gotten dusted last round. They played with both of their own hands wrapped around their own throat this round until they got lucky with Trae last night. They were in the process of losing to an ATL team well ahead of their time/ pretty mediocre. They miss both good teams on the other side of the bracket that if healthy would have drilled them (lakers and clippers). It’s really jarring and there is a reason why Bud was on his way to getting fired and the inside the NBA crew just shakes their head and is sad whenever they talk about the bucks and how stupid they are. 

Not one would have matters.   That's hating.   If they win, they are champs and deserve it.   Again, every single title run is effected by injuries positively and negatively.     

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, d2o said:

Not one would have matters.   That's hating.   If they win, they are champs and deserve it.   Again, every single title run is effected by injuries positively and negatively.     

Sure. Some are a 1 on a scale for 1 to 10 and some are a 9. This bucks team has a run that’s an 11. 
Sure- they are all champions. That’s the rules. But it Doesn’t stop us from remarking on that shit years and decades later. And this Bucks team will be talked about forever and rightfully so. 

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. Some are a 1 on a scale for 1 to 10 and some are a 9. This bucks team has a run that’s an 11. 
Sure- they are all champions. That’s the rules. But it Doesn’t stop us from remarking on that shit years and decades later. And this Bucks team will be talked about forever and rightfully so. 

Yeah, its just the opposite.   Some will talk about it now.   They further we get away the less it will be talked about.    I know you wanted Harden and BKN to win but you sounding quite salty hahahahahahhaa

Just now, d2o said:

Yeah, its just the opposite.   Some will talk about it now.   They further we get away the less it will be talked about.    I know you wanted Harden and BKN to win but you sounding quite salty hahahahahahhaa

No- people still talk about this stuff all the time. lakers/Kings. Mavs/heat. Bill Simmons was talking about the 1978 Seattle Sonics for crying out loud. 27 years later people still talk shit about Hakeems back to back having an asterisks. 
This Bucks team will literally go down as one of the top 3 most fortunate/least deserving teams to win a title and it’s not me being Salty about Harden. 
it’s so much more than that. It’s:

Harden, kyrie, Embiid, Murray, Lebron, AD, Leonard, And probably someone I’m forgetting. Some teams (like the 2015 warriors)- it’s just a footnote because everyone agrees they were great/gonna win, or you can’t get all the breaks all the time, but this is historic and on the back of the bubble and shortened season it’s going to go down as the year that “everything was screwed up and the let’s heads fell off” and Milwaukee winning the title won’t diminish that (nobody takes shit about the Lakers bubble title last year) By people saying- oh- they were a deserving champion anyway. 

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No- people still talk about this stuff all the time. lakers/Kings. Mavs/heat. Bill Simmons was talking about the 1978 Seattle Sonics for crying out loud. 27 years later people still talk shit about Hakeems back to back having an asterisks. 
This Bucks team will literally go down as one of the top 3 most fortunate/least deserving teams to win a title and it’s not me being Salty about Harden. 

Harden, kyrie, Embiid, Murray, Lebron, AD, Leonard, And probably someone I’m forgetting. Some teams (like the 2015 warriors)- it’s just a footnote because everyone agrees they were great/gonna win, or you can’t get all the breaks all the time, but this is historic and on the back of the bubble and shortened season it’s going to go down as the year that “everything was screwed up and the let’s heads fell off” and Milwaukee winning the title won’t diminish that (nobody takes shit about the Lakers bubble title last year) By people saying- oh- they were a deserving champion anyway. 

Meh, Simmons is whining asshole who I'm sure is trying to figure out how to credit the Celtics with all of those titles.  Fuck him.

Anyway, maybe its just me but I dont look for ways to diminish teams winning titles.      You could do it every single yr.   Its wack and a waste of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean they won game 2 by 30 so I wouldn’t say they were exactly on the verge of losing this series. 

Are the bucks stupid? Yes. Have they gotten lucky? Yes. But title winners make stupid decisions and get lucky. That’s just part of winning it all

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, d2o said:

Meh, Simmons is whining asshole who I'm sure is trying to figure out how to credit the Celtics with all of those titles.  Fuck him.

Anyway, maybe its just me but I dont look for ways to diminish teams winning titles.      You could do it every single yr.   Its wack and a waste of time.

Every single year

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

History will see them as simply Champions, but it's hard to not understand if you dig, that neither Finals' presumptive representative wouldn't make it without substantial injury good fortune.  Suns probably lose to the Lakers without AD going AD and hurting something and the Bucks probably are swept, gentlemen like, with a healthy Nets team or really even if Kyrie was healthy.  It's sort of a weak year in the NBA with a lot of teams in transition and the league seemingly in transition from one gen to another.  Injuries are part of it and Flags Fly Forever so I'm sure neither team cares about how lucky or how much good fortune they've garnered.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1

I give players on superteams more of an asterisk than if Giannis or CP3 would win a ring this year. Props to the Greek Freak for staying in Milwaukee and having success.

If CP3 joined up with LeBron and AD and won a ring, no one really got injured- would that ring be more legit for CP3? Not in my book.

If Harden finally gets a ring with the Nets, it's kind of a meh for me since it's a stacked team. LeBron and KD are awesome but can't say I'm a fan how they joined up with other superstars and made the playoffs anticlimactic at times.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That is just the nature of a sport with injuries, and I find it curious you included the 2015 Warriors because (unless you meant the 2017 Warriors which is a VERY different story, nobody was beating them) more than a few people feel that is a team that benefited with an injured Cavs team.  I don't think Milwaukee (if they win, and I'm not convinced yet they will) winning a title will be that shockingly different than the Raptors beating an injured Warriors team for example.  Stuff like this happens all the time...and not just in basketball.  Also, the majority of casual fans - especially with the passage of time - will not care that much about the details either.        

8 hours ago, d2o said:

8 hours ago, d2o said:

Dude really? There's no nuance between championships? Give me a fucking break. 2015 Warriors was pretty weak. Last year was pretty weak. You can argue 2017 Warriors was pretty weak (although that 2017 Cavs team was filthy).

They are still NBA Championships but they are not run the gauntlet titles like 2011 Mavs, 2014 Spurs, 2016 Cavs, 2004 Pistons etc.

Some playoff runs are a bit more competitive than others. Jury might still be out on this year's Bucks team but it's quickly becoming a weak title year. If the Suns get through healthy then I guess that's a good win but that remains to be seen.