2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for Suns fans to be nervous about this series.

Eh, the Clippers had one of those nights where they shot the lights out, and the stars for PHX had a down night.

They’ve shown great difficulty in sustaining performances from PG over consecutive games, so I guess we’ll see. Shit, if LA wins this series I think they’ve earned a damn ring, and I can’t stand them.

LMAO. Nah, fuck Paul George. He is as front running a guy as there is. They led basically the whole game last night and Reggie Jackson was the one answering little runs by the suns. When he leads them wire to wire when the rest of the team is not playing well it will be the first.

Edited by Llogg

On 6/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, aggie08 said:

Most playoff games shooting 25% or less:

Bob Cousy - 13

Tommy Heinsohn - 12

PG13 - 11

Russ - 7

Looks like PG is going to have to wait until next year to take the top spot.

^

Its because he's sorta like Russell Westbrook as in you know he's a great player but he'll be having one of those 4/15 shooting nights and you're yelling at your TV holy f stop f'ing shooting. Kevin Durant/Kawhi is your teammate and he still trying to be the man. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

...ca1eb41e80a8fc2fbb4456de8aa31b4a.jpg

Yeah, fuck that. The reason the he gets so much grief (aside from assigning himself his own nickname) is that he's capable of games like last night. Lou Williams sucks in the playoffs too, but no one cares because he's fucking Lou Williams. The expectations aren't there. In a 7 game series, even all-time great players can be expected to have an off night. But, with PG13, you can pretty much pencil in at least two games a series where, he's not only bad, but is so bad that he gives his team almost zero chance to win 

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Dude really? There's no nuance between championships? Give me a fucking break. 2015 Warriors was pretty weak. Last year was pretty weak. You can argue 2017 Warriors was pretty weak (although that 2017 Cavs team was filthy).

They are still NBA Championships but they are not run the gauntlet titles like 2011 Mavs, 2014 Spurs, 2016 Cavs, 2004 Pistons etc.

Some playoff runs are a bit more competitive than others. Jury might still be out on this year's Bucks team but it's quickly becoming a weak title year. If the Suns get through healthy then I guess that's a good win but that remains to be seen. 

Sure there is but why give a shit?  There are what ifs in every title run.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, fuck that. The reason the he gets so much grief (aside from assigning himself his own nickname) is that he's capable of games like last night. Lou Williams sucks in the playoffs too, but no one cares because he's fucking Lou Williams. The expectations aren't there. In a 7 game series, even all-time great players can be expected to have an off night. But, with PG13, you can pretty much pencil in at least two games a series where, he's not only bad, but is so bad that he gives his team almost zero chance to win 

True but he's grown the fuck up in these playoffs. This was Kawhi's team and they lost him for probably these whole playoffs. And they took care of Utah and now has taken the Suns to 6 games and maybe 7. No one would have batted an eye had LAC folded to Utah after Kawhi went down. But they did not lose another game. I will give him props these playoffs. If LAC loses to the Suns it won't be because they choked as they have been notorious for in the past. How many wrote them off when Kawhi went down? Many thought Utah would roll through. 

Terrance Mann did drop 39 points on Utah in Game 6.

Reggie Jackson set the Clippers all-time record for made 3s in a playoffs (I know the Clippers have a shitty history but still). 

PG has played pretty well for the most part outside of a few duds including missing free throws late @Suns in Game 1 or 2. I'll give him credit. 

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

True but he's grown the fuck up in these playoffs. This was Kawhi's team and they lost him for probably these whole playoffs. And they took care of Utah and now has taken the Suns to 6 games and maybe 7. No one would have batted an eye had LAC folded to Utah after Kawhi went down. But they did not lose another game. I will give him props these playoffs. If LAC loses to the Suns it won't be because they choked as they have been notorious for in the past. How many wrote them off when Kawhi went down? Many thought Utah would roll through. 

Disagree. They don't get out of the first round without Kawhi.

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

The real person we should all be apologizing to is Ty Lue.  I always just thought he was a LeBron plant with no real coaching skill.  I was wrong.  He can coach.

I'm in the same boat. I just wrongly assumed he was riding the LeBron/Kyrie coat tails, but he is a damn good coach. Frankly I did the same about face with Spoelstra several years ago.  I should know better by now than to fall for the LeBron woe-is-me PR machine that sacrifices coaches and teammates at the drop of a hat.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Atlanta finding out how much easier it is to play defense 5 on 5 tonight. 

Yes. Trae Young is a net negative. And last I checked Lou Will is playing plenty of minutes.

More like the Bucks sometimes forget how to play offense. They had multiple games like this against the Nets.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1