2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the Monty debate….yes it’s a player driven league, but the coach matters.  Not necessarily for their coaching abilities.  The players on this Suns team love playing for Monty and after this playoff run, they can have their pick of pieces to fill out the roster for years to come.  As shitty as Sarver has been as an owner, he’s on the record saying that he has no problem paying the tax if it makes them a contender.  The coach matters in the sense that he needs to be able to attract good pieces to play for him, keep them happy when they are playing for him, and not fuck things up by trying to over-coach in the playoffs.  I’d say Monty has checked all 3 boxes over the last 12 months.  Suns should win in 4 or 5 and the ECF could go 6 or 7.  If it plays out that way, PHX will be well rested heading into the finals.

Back to the Monty debate….yes it’s a player driven league, but the coach matters.  Not necessarily for their coaching abilities.  The players on this Suns team love playing for Monty and after this playoff run, they can have their pick of pieces to fill out the roster for years to come.  As shitty as Sarver has been as an owner, he’s on the record saying that he has no problem paying the tax if it makes them a contender.  The coach matters in the sense that he needs to be able to attract good pieces to play for him, keep them happy when they are playing for him, and not fuck things up by trying to over-coach in the playoffs.  I’d say Monty has checked all 3 boxes over the last 12 months.  Suns should win in 4 or 5 and the ECF could go 6 or 7.  If it plays out that way, PHX will be well rested heading into the finals.

I couldn’t find a finals start date, but the nba.com schedule says ECF game 7 is on Monday July 5, the WCF game 7 is Friday July 2nd. It also says in the key dates that the nba playoffs run from May 22-July 22. If we’re skipping every other day for games, that would have a game 1 start on Saturday July 10. If the ecf goes the distance or longer than the wcf, they’ll still get a mostly entire work week off..I’d expect anyways. Few years ago it was like 10 days between the end of the conference finals and the start of the nba finals

There is no precedent for firing a coach in the middle of the playoffs but MIL should consider it.   BUD MUST GO!!   The games they've won have been in spite of him and the losses can directly be attributed to the decisions (or lack thereof) that he makes.

The franchise will regret throwing away their best opportunity to win a title fucking with this this clown.     They will never have a better chance than they do this yr.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HookEm said:

Agree regarding the 2018 NBA class. Very solid, deep class.  Love seeing Ayton step up and prove the haters wrong.  Here is how I would re-rank that class.  I bet we will see as many as 8-10 players from that class earn at least one all-star.

I still am pulling for Bamba to find the right situation and show what he can do.

1. Luka Doncic - 27.7, 8.0, 8.6 - 1st Team NBA
  2. Trae Young - 25.3, 3.9, 9.4 - All-Star
  3. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - 23.7, 4.7, 5.9
  4. DeAndre Ayton - 14.4, 10.5, 1.4  
  5. Collin Sexton - 24.3, 3.1, 4.4
  6. Michael Porter Jr. - 19.0, 7.3, 1.1
  7. Jaren Jackson Jr. - 17.4, 4.6, 1.4 (2020)
  8. Wendell Carter Jr - 11.2, 8.2, 1.9 
  9. Marvin Bagley - 14.1, 7.4. 1.0
  10. Devonte Graham - 14.8, 2.7. 5.4
  11. Miles Bridges - 12.7, 6.0, 2.2
  12. Mikal Bridges - 13.5, 4.3, 2.1
  13. Jalen Brunson - 12.6, 3.4, 3.5
  14. Mitchell Robinson - 8.3, 8.1, 0.5 
  15. Mo Bamba - 8.0, 5.8. 0.8
  16. Kevin Huerter - 11.9, 3.3, 3.5
  17. Gary Trent Jr - 11.3, 2.6, 1.4
  18. Donte DiVencenzo - 10.4, 5.8, 3.1
  19. Lonnie Walker - 11.2, 2.6, 1.7
  20. Grayson Allen - 10.6, 3.2, 2.2
  21. Landrey Shamet - 9.3, 1.8, 1.6

What a monster ducking class. Amaze balls. 
might go down with 83,98 and 03. Luca has to become an all timer for that to happen. I don’t think Trae’s ceiling is MJ/Kobe/LBJ. 

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What a monster ducking class. Amaze balls. 
might go down with 83,98 and 03. Luca has to become an all timer for that to happen. I don’t think Trae’s ceiling is MJ/Kobe/LBJ. 

I think you mean 84. That was the draft with Jordan, Olujuwan, Barkley, Stockton, and a few others whose names I'm forgetting.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Brothahorn said:
7 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:
Capela/John Collins combined for 34 rebounds. 
Bucks shot 22% from three on 36 attempts.

Bucks shoot way too many 3s for the big man talent they have.

Agreed. When they are energetic and move the ball around they're virtually unbeatable. 

Instead they jack up quick 3s half the time. I blame the coach.

Edited by MotownHorn

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I'm sure it was covered last night, but I missed out on this thread. Could Atlanta....win the NBA finals? Like, if it ends up being Phoenix vs. Atlanta, which seems like a very, very real possibility, that could actually fucking happen. Odds are still against them, but this is nutty.

I wish I put a few bucks on them when they were +10000 to win it before Game 5 of the 76ers series. I think the Suns will win it but the Hawks keep winning.

3 consecutive Game 1 road wins is impressive. Has any other team done that? I'm sure some have but it's really something.

Edited by MotownHorn

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lue has done a phenomenal job with adjustments all postseason. Really impressive. 

Am I missing something?? They have 13 points in the 2nd quarter with 30 seconds left, and they're down 6 with Paul and Booker combining to make 3 field goals.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Am I missing something?? They have 13 points in the 2nd quarter with 30 seconds left, and they're down 6 with Paul and Booker combining to make 3 field goals.

Zubac has a double double and he's seen minimal run in these playoffs. What I'm referring to. Trusting him takes some guts.

And they're now down 2 at half. 

Not that I have to defend that position. He's been nails ever since Kawhi went out. 

Edited by ztejas

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Zubac has a double double and he's seen minimal run in these playoffs. What I'm referring to. Trusting him takes some guts.

And they're now down 2 at half. 

Not that I have to defend that position. He's been nails ever since Kawhi went out. 

Suns are the first team they've played that run out a traditional big that makes Zubac being on the floor a reasonable position. Gobert doesn't count b/c he's such a nothing on offense that they were better off with someone more versatile on defense who could also draw Gobert away from the basket by being a perimeter threat. While Ayton is having success, his presence is what makes Zubac being on the floor acceptable.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Suns are the first team they've played that run out a traditional big that makes Zubac being on the floor a reasonable position. Gobert doesn't count b/c he's such a nothing on offense that they were better off with someone more versatile on defense who could also draw Gobert away from the basket by being a perimeter threat. While Ayton is having success, his presence is what makes Zubac being on the floor acceptable.

Exactly. Thank you for not making me explain it. 

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Terrance Mann is a badass. Big miss by a lot of front offices for him to go at the back end of the 2nd round. 

I thought his college teammate (forgot his name but he's Mutumbo's nephew) would be the former Seminole to pop for the Clippers. But I'm not even sure if he's still in the league. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Speaking of... at what point does this become kind of a hit on Kawhi's legacy? Like if they tie this 2-2 I think you have to start wondering about some Ewing Theory.

I must have missed the part where San Antonio and Toronto have improved since his departure.

Fuck Kawhi for screwing over the Spurs, but this isn't close to Ewing Theory territory.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Captain Obvious said:

I must have missed the part where San Antonio and Toronto have improved since his departure.

Fuck Kawhi for screwing over the Spurs, but this isn't close to Ewing Theory territory.

I must have missed me giving a fuck about your opinion. Especially after I nail the entire season like I did. 

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, Clippers did win six playoff games with Kawhi this playoffs.

LAC are a deep team. Guys like Zubac and Pat Beverely couldn't stay on the floor against the Mavs and now they are destroying the Suns in a game somehow.