Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo

Through two games in OKC:

10 hits.

23 runners LOB.

24 strikeouts.  

I know it's just the conference tournament, but we've also played two pretty shitty teams and this is the best we did.  Not confidence-inspiring as we make the turn into the Big Bracket.  

On to Friday.  7:05p (assuming first game doesn't run long or is rain-delayed).  Versus loser of tonight's WVU/OSU matchup.  I'm told in lieu of a bullpen side session tomorrow, Wolff of the Mountaineers will be starting against Texas again, on short rest, with a firm 187 pitch count limit as ordered by team physicians.

Edited by Lobo

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

And Zubia strikes out because why not? 4-1 going to the 9th.

17Ks in 8 innings. That's a thing we did.

If this tournament helps remind us that we're capable of playing like dogshit, then I guess it's worth its weight in gold.

Holy shit.

Guest Lobo

Baylor will still grab one of the last #3 at-large bids.  they're gonna get shipped far away and nationally seeded (Tucson, South Bend, Knoxville, or Nashville).  They're fucked.  And not like Baylor non-consensual fucked, either.  

And yes, while I hold no ill-will against Oklahoma State.  We need to pull for WVU to get through tonight and face us tomorrow in an elimination game.  They're hanging on now, but by tomorrow evening, that staff will be decimated.  And what's what we need to wake these bats up.  It'd be nice to watch some baseball on a lazy Saturday this holiday weekend.

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

OU finishes the season 27-28. Nice.

So many nice little bonuses to the win today.  Also, these people still have to stay and live in Oklahoma.  

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Baylor will still grab one of the last #3 at-large bids.  they're gonna get shipped far away and nationally seeded (Tucson, South Bend, Knoxville, or Nashville).  They're fucked.  And not like Baylor non-consensual fucked, either.  

And yes, while I hold no ill-will against Oklahoma State.  We need to pull for WVU to get through tonight and face us tomorrow in an elimination game.  They're hanging on now, but by tomorrow evening, that staff will be decimated.  And what's what we need to wake these bats up.  It'd be nice to watch some baseball on a lazy Saturday this holiday weekend.

I don't know. Baylor somehow took 2 of 3 in Lubbock, and they beat us once at home.  No impressive OOC wins (Auburn?).  Is that enough?

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I don't know. Baylor somehow took 2 of 3 in Lubbock, and they beat us once at home.  No impressive OOC wins (Auburn?).  Is that enough?

yeah, not sure how their RPI is as good as it is (#40/#41), but it's ahead of "comfortably-in" clubs like Virginia, GA Tech, UNC, Pitt, FSU, and Nebraska.  I'm sure they'll fall to around 45 or so by Sunday night, but they're still very likely to get a bid...albeit one of the last...if not the last going out to a power conference team.  

also a few posts above, I said pull for WVU in their game with OSU.  But that's incorrect.  We need WVU to lose to OSU and face us Friday night with a more gassed pitching staff.  We then could head off to make trouble for OSU on Saturday.  We may have an opportunity to face a team on Saturday night who will have to play 4 games in 36 hours if the Game 14 is not necessary for the other bracket.  

Edited by Lobo

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

And hey that is an advantage for us as OSU/WV will have to play two games in one day.

I'm not sweating that game too much regardless if Hansen can give us a good 6-7 innings. 

I think getting through Wolf and that OU reliever was the toughest test for our hitting so far. Both of those guys are big time prospects and Wolf had a career fucking day yesterday. We could have easily put more than 4 on the board today if we swung at less junk and had a timely hit or two. 

Shutting down OU today is much more par for the course for this team than the hitting struggles so far or dropping that Thursday night game against WVU. TCU, Tech and Okie Lite all have bats to match us but for the rest of this tourney we will have a pitching advantage against everyone and that wasn't the case in yesterday's game. 

• Hook 'Em 1