Real Housewives of Fill In The Blank

riloh05

For those who would never, help me understand the cultural moment they are having.

These are non-famous housewives who live together in a house like Big Brother or the Real World and who do things? Are there events or contests? Every clip or meme or gif I've seen seems to be them in a kitchen around an island or at a table, so is it more like Red Table with Will Smith and his Mother in law where they just gab about topics and gossip?

Are these people D list celebrities first and so then they are asked to join the panel or are they casted and then by virtue of being in the house they get internet fame from people who watch trash TV and further the social and moral decay of the world we live in?

It's just so confusing and I've actually seen a few episodes of KUWTK like 10 years ago, so I'm not sitting in judgment.

• Hook 'Em 1

They are rarely famous - Beverly Hills is on the only franchise who notoriously casts actresses in roles (Denise Richards, Garcelle Beavius, Lisa Rinna, Eileen Davidson, Kim and Kyle Richards).  Denise Richards is maybe the only A-list celebrity, everyone else is B-list or C-list and was famous for soap operas and TV appearances, or for the Richards sisters, from back in the day.  BH also notoriously casts people connected to more famous people (the wife of Boy George's manager; one of Nicole Brown Simpson's friends; an ex-wife of OJ's best friend Marcus Allen; John Mellencamp's daughter)

They do not live in a house together.  It just follows their lives - they go to and throw parties, they go on trips together, they have drama and fights, we see them interact with their families; sometimes we see the single ones navigating the dating world. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They are rarely famous - Beverly Hills is on the only franchise who notoriously casts actresses in roles (Denise Richards, Garcelle Beavius, Lisa Rinna, Eileen Davidson, Kim and Kyle Richards).  Denise Richards is maybe the only A-list celebrity, everyone else is B-list or C-list and was famous for soap operas and TV appearances, or for the Richards sisters, from back in the day.  BH also notoriously casts people connected to more famous people (the wife of Boy George's manager; one of Nicole Brown Simpson's friends; an ex-wife of OJ's best friend Marcus Allen; John Mellencamp's daughter)

They do not live in a house together.  It just follows their lives - they go to and throw parties, they go on trips together, they have drama and fights, we see them interact with their families; sometimes we see the single ones navigating the dating world. 

Thanks bro!

• Hook 'Em 1

I watch OC and BH with the wife. We used to watch Atlanta but those bitches be crazy.

One of the current plots on BH is 40 something piece of ass Ericka suddenly being unhappy in her marriage and filing for divorce from her 80 something lawyer husband. She filed on Election Day and not longer after it was revealed that he’s being sued for being a scumbag - ya know basic lawyer stuff.  My question for viewers who are also lawyers is, does filing for divorce serve as a way for them to protect assets in the event that he loses his shirt in the law suit?  Timing seems very odd.  

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The Albert Finney character from Erin Brockovitch is based on the husband. 

Of course! I forgot to mention the former stripper turned gold-digging pop star on Beverly Hills, whose pop "career" is funded by her husband who sued PG&E, which inspired Erin Brockovich, and has now been reported he was embezzling millions from his clients, including fire victims and airplane crash victims. 

Tom Girardi is famous AF in California. 

My wife watches almost all of them.  I hate them all, though there have been a few select hotties in the casts over the years.  That said, I did start watching Vanderpump Rules, which is essentially a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills spin off, and for a while it was one of my favorite shows, appointment viewing for us.  I think its probably going to suck now they booted some people for stupid shit, but I'll be giving it a chance when it comes back.

Yessss been waiting for this lol.  No shame in my game I watch these train wreck fucks for years.  BH Jersey dallas OC Potomac.  Tried to get into SLC but lost interest 

BH is close to unwatchable this season with the née chicks. They suck shit and Erika showing that gold digging rumor to be true 

• Hook 'Em 1

So I'm cutting the cable and gonna see how that goes. I have everything I need covered, but the woman insist on having Bravo for this crap. 

I got Peacock, but it seems they only have past episodes.  Is there anyway to stream this without cable?

58 minutes ago, Rivers said:

So I'm cutting the cable and gonna see how that goes. I have everything I need covered, but the woman insist on having Bravo for this crap. 

I got Peacock, but it seems they only have past episodes.  Is there anyway to stream this without cable?

Bravo is pretty popular...I'd wager all of the mainstream services like Sling, Hulu, etc. have it.  YouTube TV has it.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, Js1 said:

I was going to question Denise Richards as an A list celebrity but she was actually in at least a couple of movies that premiered in theaters. So in the Real Housewives universe that makes her Meryl Streep

• Haha 1

So, the general consensus is that this show is for wives, huh? I don’t watch it…good to know I may still have my man card intact. Because I will admit to watching some pretty gay shit on Bravo from time-to-time(nttawwt)

Wife watches a couple of the California ones regularly. I tried a few episodes over the years. Just awful.

Tried the Dallas one at the beginning because I thought it might hit close to home. It sucks sweaty balls so hard. Most of the frows on it aren’t even close to being “Dallas high society”. Not sure how they cast that thing. I keep hoping it’ll get canceled but they seem to keep trotting it back out there. It’s fucking embarrassing.

I will get down on some Vanderpump Rules though

On 7/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Pancho said:

Still watch ATL

That sounds like some good bet payoff shit with one of your white buddies right there. If you win, he has to binge an entire season of ATL Housewives in a weekend, if he wins you have to watch BH. Plus it’ll be a good exercise in cultural diversity. Everybody wins…or loses…depending on how you wanna look at it

53 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
On 7/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Pancho said:
Still watch ATL

Do they have any new women? Are they still rolling with Nene and Phaedra?

Both are gone.  The only cast members you might recognize from that era are Cynthia, Kenya, Kandi and Porsha 

Edited by Js1

Never got into NY. Got turned off by Bethany and Ramona and never tired again. 

I bitch about it but watched “Don’t be Tardy” because the wife watched.  It’s truly mindless but entertaining if you aren’t above watching garbage. 
I keep wondering when their money is going to run out.  Prob pretty soon now that they’ve been cancelled. Husband had only a few years in the league and they live like rap moguls.  

17 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Never got into NY. Got turned off by Bethany and Ramona and never tired again. 

I bitch about it but watched “Don’t be Tardy” because the wife watched.  It’s truly mindless but entertaining if you aren’t above watching garbage. 
I keep wondering when their money is going to run out.  Prob pretty soon now that they’ve been cancelled. Husband had only a few years in the league and they live like rap moguls.  

Ramona is a god awful human being. 

• Like 1

Both are gone.  The only cast members you might recognize from that era are Cynthia, Kenya, Kandi and Porsha 
Cynthia had me fooled, thinking she had class. She was just as rachet as the rest. I could not stand Kandi's mom. Old ho needed some dick.

Seen a preview for some show where a dude lives with his ex and gf. May have to watch that.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

While in the topic of just trash tv anyone venture Into million dollar listing LA and NY?

My wife loves those shows. I watch because she watches but find it less entertaining than RH.  I’d prob watch RH OC and BH even if wife didn’t. No way I’d watch Million Dollar Listing. It’s ok but real estate carries no interest for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, I've never watched any of them, however, I am aware that "Heather" is returning to the OC show.

I know her husband pretty well.  I've got his cell and we are on a first-name basis.  He has his quirks, but he's fun to be around. 

She's the most miserable cunt I've ever met, and I've met my ex-wife.   The Husband and I were in a meeting at his office.  We were about an hour deep into a fairly intense discussion about potential improvements to his facility.  She walks in at starts yapping, completely ignoring the fact that we are busy.  He stops to talk to her, and politely says "Heather, this is Gil, he's helping me out with some improvements and new equipment".  She doesn't even look my way. Not a not, not a "hi", not a fucking thing.  I didn't exist as far as she was concerned.

Some time later, I was chatting with the lawyer that many of my clients used (at my recommendation) and told him the above story.  He said that he had the exact same experience with her.   She didn't acknowledge him either after the husband introduced him. 

44 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So, I've never watched any of them, however, I am aware that "Heather" is returning to the OC show.

I know her husband pretty well.  I've got his cell and we are on a first-name basis.  He has his quirks, but he's fun to be around. 

She's the most miserable cunt I've ever met, and I've met my ex-wife.   The Husband and I were in a meeting at his office.  We were about an hour deep into a fairly intense discussion about potential improvements to his facility.  She walks in at starts yapping, completely ignoring the fact that we are busy.  He stops to talk to her, and politely says "Heather, this is Gil, he's helping me out with some improvements and new equipment".  She doesn't even look my way. Not a not, not a "hi", not a fucking thing.  I didn't exist as far as she was concerned.

Some time later, I was chatting with the lawyer that many of my clients used (at my recommendation) and told him the above story.  He said that he had the exact same experience with her.   She didn't acknowledge him either after the husband introduced him. 

Yeah man I’ve heard she’s a real B.  I met LVP in BH in 2019. She was super cool. I told her I loved her accent and it gave my the shivers. She laughed and said she’s too old for me and too much for me. Great personality 

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

My wife loves those shows. I watch because she watches but find it less entertaining than RH.  I’d prob watch RH OC and BH even if wife didn’t. No way I’d watch Million Dollar Listing. It’s ok but real estate carries no interest for me. 

That title didn’t age well. A million dollar listing in LA is now a 1/1 condo that needs kitchen and bath renovations. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:15 PM, Js1 said:

Of course! I forgot to mention the former stripper turned gold-digging pop star on Beverly Hills, whose pop "career" is funded by her husband who sued PG&E, which inspired Erin Brockovich, and has now been reported he was embezzling millions from his clients, including fire victims and airplane crash victims. 

Tom Girardi is famous AF in California. 

I saw Tom rolling with some young snatches in the Montage Beverly Hills when we were staying there two years ago.   Guy was hanging in the bar and all over these two young hot pieces of ass.  When they left he had his arms around both.  Everyone knew him and nobody seemed to bat an eye he was out and about with young girls who were not Erika.  

• 1 month later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2021/08/19/heres-how-erika-jaynes-company-allegedly-spent-25m/amp/

Erika might be in trouble, but I’m not a lawyer. 
Spent 14 mil on credit card over 12 years

Spent 1.4 million at an agency that represents dancers.  I thought agencies got paid a percentage of your earning for gigs they booked?

Edited by Lhorn

On 7/16/2021 at 6:17 AM, Landomatic said:

Tried the Dallas one at the beginning because I thought it might hit close to home. It sucks sweaty balls so hard. Most of the frows on it aren’t even close to being “Dallas high society”. Not sure how they cast that thing. I keep hoping it’ll get canceled but they seem to keep trotting it back out there. It’s fucking embarrassing.

Ask and you shall receive I guess...

Bravo pulls the plug on ‘Real Housewives of Dallas’

On 8/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Landomatic said:

Ask and you shall receive I guess...

Bravo pulls the plug on ‘Real Housewives of Dallas’

Damn,  i really only watched because i wanted to drink stephanies bath water, but i knew it was curtains after all the cry baby bullshit with moon this past season made it unwatchable much like beveral hills this year and watching crybaby erika whine about not being able to live on millions a year in her 10g a month rental 

32 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Damn,  i really only watched because i wanted to drink stephanies bath water, but i knew it was curtains after all the cry baby bullshit with moon this past season made it unwatchable much like beveral hills this year and watching crybaby erika whine about not being able to live on millions a year in her 10g a month rental 

She’s about to be in prison methinks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Stephanie was #1 for me. Incredibly beautiful, great sense of humor, amazing body, was pretty open about her bedroom fun, and didn’t take herself too serious.

Only red flag was that her momma was exact opposite and had that Oklahoma panhandle look.

• Hook 'Em 1