Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I wonder how much we're prioritizing Ugwoegbu - haven't heard much since he was offered

Haven't seen his name mentioned at all so maybe he isn't being actively recruited (or is conceded to Aggy).  That Katy area is aggy breeding ground for sure.  Grab Nana and Leal and throw a hat in the ring for Stripling and we are in good shape.

Edited by Enchubben

Aggy leading for Ugwoegbu is complete bullshit built on the hopes and dreams in the Katy Aggy echo chamber. Aggy isn't recruiting him the hardest, nor do they lead. I guess he could end up there but at this point I think it's WAAAY more likely that he end up at Alabama (if they'd take him), very likely OU, and possibly TCU.  

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Aggy leading for Ugwoegbu is complete bullshit built on the hopes and dreams in the Katy Aggy echo chamber. Aggy isn't recruiting him the hardest, nor do they lead. I guess he could end up there but at this point I think it's WAAAY more likely that he end up at Alabama (if they'd take him), very likely OU, and possibly TCU.  

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Katy Echo Chamber: Aggie leans every year

When has it ever been wrong? Why just last cycle aggy pulled in the 15 year old phenom, Moro Ojomo.  He was such a lock that no other schools even bothered recruiting him.

31 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Haven't seen his name mentioned at all so maybe he isn't being actively recruited (or is conceded to Aggy).  That Katy area is aggy breeding ground for sure.  Grab Nana and Leal and throw a hat in the ring for Stripling and we are in good shape.

This.  Get NaNa and Leal ( looking good on both ) to go along with Sweat and maybe the JUCO DE and the 5th DL could be someone like Rian Davis, maybe a late riser, or a Louisiana kid like the guy visiting today and that'll be an excellent DL haul.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

26 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

When has it ever been wrong? Why just last cycle aggy pulled in the 15 year old phenom, Moro Ojomo.  He was such a lock that no other schools even bothered recruiting him.

Why would you even try? I hear he lives in a maroon house. 

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Or UCLA

Amazing how aggy is so hung up on turditions and such, but loved it when Rumlin candied up their uni's for 5 years in a desperate attempt to grab attention. Wonder if anyone has pointed out to them their old daddy (as well as their new one, Bama) never joined in the "LOOK AT ME!!" alternate uniform crowd? Maybe someone should..

12 minutes ago, ousux said:

Amazing how aggy is so hung up on turditions and such, but loved it when Rumlin candied up their uni's for 5 years in a desperate attempt to grab attention. Wonder if anyone has pointed out to them their old daddy (as well as their new one, Bama) never joined in the "LOOK AT ME!!" alternate uniform crowd? Maybe someone should..

Blue blood programs with true winning tradition have not really embraced the alt unis other than a game here or there. Maybe that is why aggy did?

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Blue blood programs with true winning tradition have not really embraced the alt unis other than a game here or there. Maybe that is why aggy did?

OU and Ohio State have started wearing theirs for bigger games, which is annoying. I didn't mind it when they kept them to the Directional Bumfuck University games.

Edited by texifornia

23 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Starting DTs in Spring practice are Madubuike and Keke. Mack not even starting heading into his SR year. 

Talk about a bust. 

In keeping with how he plays, he took all of his SR snaps as a JR. If you jump early enough, they might not notice you're offsides.

I don't know how I missed it but this might be my favorite quote from the Ag247 thread that was posted earlier ... 

Wilson and Tucker are going to be coverage liabilities. They will lay the fucking wood and make highlight reel plays but better learn to keep guys in front of them in coverage. Also, not so sure we have a single sub 4.7 guy on our defense.

Recruiting related because Bobby Wolfe ran a 4.65 at 160 pounds, so I guess the 4.7 bar will likely be maintained. What could possibly go wrong? 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

I don't know how I missed it but this might be my favorite quote from the Ag247 thread that was posted earlier ... 

Recruiting related because Bobby Wolfe ran a 4.65 at 160 pounds, so I guess the 4.7 bar will likely be maintained. What could possibly go wrong? 

Arky Chad is going to light up that slow secondary.  Watts covered up a lot of other guys getting beat deep last year.  Won't have that this year.

Still remember Wilson getting left in the dust by that bdf K-State player multiple times in the Texas bowl 2 years ago.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Ryan Brauninger 1:07p Staff

-It sounds like the Aggies have turned up the heat on Converse Judson DL DeMarvin Leal. As Jason said last week, this one is shaping up to be an A&M/Texas battle, and I've been told Leal is definitely taken notice of the DLine talent the Aggies have produced under Terry Price and of their possible haul in 2019. I also had a source tell me the DL cookouts have caught his attention.

-We've said for a long time that Braedon Mowry and Marcus Stripling plan on playing together in college. Stripling undoubtedly knows that Mowry plans to make a decision this coming weekend, and word going around is that it could speed up Strip's process. I'll do more digging here. Multiple members of the Aggie defensive staff have been working these two cases pretty hard here recently. 

-A report I got out of Florida indicated folks around DT Jaquaze Sorrells believe the Ags lead. One of his top schools, Oregon, just picked up a defensive tackle commitment.

- Defensive end Adisa Isaac, the top player in the state of New York, is expected in town next week for the spring game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

DeMarvin Leal has pretty much zero interest in ATM. He's being polite. 

I've never thought Leal had a lot of interest in aggy and that piece pretty much says it.  

The best they can says is Chef Price's cookouts have caught his attention?!?!  

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm patiently waiting for the "Aggy has a slight lead for Leal" article and CB from Perroni. 

Perroni likes to put his picks in early on everyone.  The fact he hasn't put one in for Leal says it all.  Just wait when he changes his Shepherd pick to Texas.

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Leal is the #1 player on this staff's board.  I have no doubt Herman will win this one.  They've been on him since his sophomore year.

Yes, but we will want aggy to make a fool of themselves before he is officially a Horn

2 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

-It sounds like the Aggies have turned up the heat on Converse Judson DL DeMarvin Leal. As Jason said last week, this one is shaping up to be an A&M/Texas battle, and I've been told Leal is definitely taken notice of the DLine talent the Aggies have produced under Terry Price and of their possible haul in 2019. I also had a source tell me the DL cookouts have caught his attention.

I got to the bolded part and had to do a double take to make sure @rickyspub hadn't decided to expand his horizons. And then I came to a sad realization: this is a real article and they really, actually, truly believe this.

Edited by TheBryMan81

Aggy is completely boned if they don’t land Shepherd and Green. That will basically leave them completely cucked on the offensive side of the ball for this cycle and that’s before the season really gets going. If Jimbob butt fumbles his first season like he very well could the whole thing will come crashing down. 

15 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

So where someone goes for the next four years of his life is based upon how someone smokes his meat? Seems legit to me.

A coach's BBQ seems an odd thing to note when you're recruiting against the city of Austin.  But meat judging is important to aggy.

12 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

-A report I got out of Florida indicated folks around DT Jaquaze Sorrells believe the Ags lead. One of his top schools, Oregon, just picked up a defensive tackle commitment.

Typical Aggy. Sorrells has told people Clemson, Florida State and Miami are his top 3 right now yet somehow Aggy leads.

Aggy will probably land a couple of OOS recruits, but it'll be low ranked guys whose best offer is aggy like the Connecticut OL and that DL guy they offered from North Carolina.  They aren't getting anyone of the level of Floyd or Watson.  

Looks like a couple of 5* ILB's are visiting them.  It'll be fun to see them to have hopes of landing them.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy will probably land a couple of OOS recruits, but it'll be low ranked guys whose best offer is aggy like the Connecticut OL and that DL guy they offered from North Carolina.  They aren't getting anyone of the level of Floyd or Watson.  

Looks like a couple of 5* ILB's are visiting them.  It'll be fun to see them to have hopes of landing them.

They'll land some late cycle auctions like they did last year. Those types have a higher bust rate than normal recruitments though, in my opinion, although they're generally really talented.