Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

26 minutes ago, Fud said:

Orlando isn't the type to actively look to leave to a head coaching job I hear, like most coordinators. And I'm aware he interviewed for UH. However, I'd bet Elko isn't similar. 

There's some difference here, too.  Orlando has publicly talked about the loyalty he has to Tom Herman, who did the legwork to identify Orlando (whose last two stops had been FIU and Utah State) and bring him to Houston, where Orlando had the spotlight to gain national prominence.  Orlando won't be easily pulled from coaching with Herman.

On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that Elko is in full blown mercenary mode.  After following Clawson from Fordham to Richmond, he rejoined Clawson from Bowling Green to Wake Forest.  But then Elko jumped in 2017 to Notre Dame for a much bigger paycheck.  And with much media attention, and some Brian Kelly saltiness, Elko notoriously negotiated back and forth between ND and aggy last winter, until aggy basically backed the brinks truck up to his door.  As soon some other school is willing to pay him more (whether to be DC, Head Coach, or circus juggler), he will jump again.

25 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

He eventually will. Jimbo managed to run off several assistants at FSU because they couldn't stand working for him. After a while he was left with "yes men" who toed the line. I imagine the same will happen at Aggy.

His DC at FSU after Pruitt left was a fucking joke but Jimbo kept him. He had a staff there that was Top 10 in CFB for total compensation. He just distributed those funds poorly.

The lies Jimbo keeps telling about lack of resources and making the FSU Boosters the boogeymen will continue to be believed by Aggy. Nevermind the fact that the booster group at FSU does what the AD tells them to do and are not in the position to tell any coach "no". Jimbo burned all his bridges at Florida State with his childish behavior which, I wager, will also happen in Collie Station.

I wouldn't classify Brewster or Craig as "yes men". They're more of the jaded mercenary type. Brewster did not want to land in College Station. He threw his name out there in a lot of other places before taking the ATM gig. I don't think money will be allowed to be the reason coaches leave BCS. They're either going to be leaving for promotions, or because they've had enough of Fisher's behavior, or because they've had enough of coaching in a college football backwater. My view is that there will be very little turnover at ATM this winter, and a bunch in the 2019-2020 cycle. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wouldn't classify Brewster or Craig as "yes men". They're more of the jaded mercenary type. Brewster did not want to land in College Station. He threw his name out there in a lot of other places before taking the ATM gig. I don't think money will be allowed to be the reason coaches leave BCS. They're either going to be leaving for promotions, or because they've had enough of Fisher's behavior, or because they've had enough of coaching in a college football backwater. My view is that there will be very little turnover at ATM this winter, and a bunch in the 2019-2020 cycle. 

Word was Brewster was trying to get on here. He made several attempts to Herman to join the staff. Aggy seemed to be the last place he wanted to go. 

8 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Word was Brewster was trying to get on here. He made several attempts to Herman to join the staff. Aggy seemed to be the last place he wanted to go. 

lol that you're quoting CTJ and telling the "word" back to him.  I'm 99% sure he was the one bringing that stuff over back at the shag.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

What happens if Jimbo loses Mike Fucking Elko?

Aggy sucking Elko off is premature.  Guy's decent.  Ag D is also incredibly one-dimensional.  They have a dog-shit secondary and a large D-line predicated on stopping the run in a run-heavy division.  Very few passing teams to date matching up against them.  So let them beat their chests until they face a few teams with a good passing attack. 

Elko might leave after this year just to avoid his personnel choices next year.  His D line will be gutted.  His best (or both) LB's are gone.  And his secondary will still suck. 

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would agree on Brewster and Craig. I was more referring to Charles Kelly, Rick Trickett, Bill Miller and Lawrence Dawsey.

Craig is a shady bagman.

I think Jimbo only managed to keep his initial staff at FSU intact for 2 or 3 years. He went nuts on Mark Stoops and Stoops said fuck you and left.

34 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

lol that you're quoting CTJ and telling the "word" back to him.  I'm 99% sure he was the one bringing that stuff over back at the shag.

To be fair, Brewster talks his bullshit to everyone. A lot of people thought they had the scoop that Brewster was coming to Texas. 

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

I had thoughts on where Brewster would wind up, but I don't believe I was publicly mentioning that there was a legitimate chance he'd come to Texas. I might have been rooting for it based on seeing something passed on the same as anyone else, but I wasn't hearing much legit info about TB/UT. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

To be fair, Brewster talks his bullshit to everyone. A lot of people thought they had the scoop that Brewster was coming to Texas. 

He was vying for a role at OU that didn't pan out. He was mentioning to anyone that would listen that he liked coaching at Texas previously. He ended up taking the ATM role after acting like he had other offers. 

Herman allegedly had no interest. My OU thoughts and concerns were passed on via Shaggy SSS, which is like the private board you post on elsewhere. That was not something being circulated to anyone and everyone from TB. 

I don't know. I guess it's only been 10 months, but I could be mis-remembering if there's a post somewhere reflecting otherwise to these takes. A metric fuckton of good and bad things have happened to me in business since Fisher took the job, and I have a bunch of kids, so this wouldn't be the first time recently that my short-ish term memory betrayed me. What I remember is the OU stuff and not liking it, and then being meh/"fuck it we'll see" when he took the ATM job.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:
2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

I had thoughts on where Brewster would wind up, but I don't believe I was publicly mentioning that there was a legitimate chance he'd come to Texas. I might have been rooting for it based on seeing something passed on the same as anyone else, but I wasn't hearing much legit info about TB/UT.  

Nope.  You didn't.  What I do seem to remember you publicly mentioning was that Brewster was loudly shilling for a job at Texas, but that you didn't know whether the interest was mutual.

Edited by Katfid54

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Nope.  You didn't.  What I do seem to remember you publicly mentioning was that Brewster was loudly shilling for a job at Texas, but that you didn't know whether the interest was mutual.

Yeah, that makes sense and is what I basically remember. 

Also, since we're on this and someone might bring the next phase of the Brewster Experience up, Schultz or HollywoodColt was the rat bastard who threw out the big salary number on Brewster that went viral as a fact. I was merely an entertained spectator. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, that makes sense and is what I basically remember. 

Also, since we're on this and someone might bring the next phase of the Brewster Experience up, Schultz or HollywoodColt was the rat bastard who threw out the big salary number on Brewster that went viral as a fact. I was merely an entertained spectator. 

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

^ lulz at Leal coming off the edge?  I'll gladly take Stripling if aggy doesn't have room.

It's exactly how Elko is running his D right now.  Put slightly more athletic DT types at DE, so that you can shut down the run.  Pass rush be damned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

How did he have that much positive rep to begin with?

All the mouth-breathers with double digit IQs and the critical thinking skills of HtownHorn on the football board probably gave him a fuck ton of rep for all his "Guarantee we beat X team" posts that he's been jerking off to for the past few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

"As you heard here first where it was first reported by me that I broke this news before anyone."  Holy fuck, that is some incomprehensible gibberish.  I've heard more lucid statements from people who have been smoking incredible shit out of a bong filled with tequila.

You realize that was his own fanbase mocking him, right? I mean clearly you don’t, but still, come on man. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Holy shit have some of them finally become self aware? How long until TexAgs does?

This is the equivalent of being shunned by your Amish family.  Hamm is now an outcast, but the rest of the family will remain. 

My apologies to any Amish reading a transcript of this that was mailed to them by a non Amish friend, for comparing them to aggy.