Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

19 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t disagree it’s a problem. I just don’t see bad behavior in the two vids (MS black guy and OK tased granny). Now if you’re taking exception to the cop helping up granny, I’m not going to waste time thinking about that. First, it was a woman, and cops are always going to treat women more gently, particularly since they often don’t tase women. Second, I don’t know how this particular cop would react if a black male resisted arrest by kicking the cop, after having fled in his car. 

Not MS black guy, he’s different from Nicholas Bolton. 

16 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yes sir, and no sir, and thank you sir,  

The 3 phrases you use when a cop stops you.  After he pulls away you can use the rest of your words.

I never call cops "sir".  I'm not combative or argumentative but I only call people I respect "sir".  I've yet to meet a cop that has earned my respect. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I never call cops "sir".  I'm not combative or argumentative but I only call people I respect "sir".  I've yet to meet a cop that has earned my respect. 

I was raised to say yes sir and no ma'am as general terms of respect whether deserved or not.  Kinda like bless yer heart.  

With cops why poke the bear ?  I've known, and met many cops thru the years (as I'm sure most people have). Several were POS and several were genuinely good guys.  I've smoked weed, and drunk confiscated, quality moonshine with a couple.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I was raised to say yes sir and no ma'am as general terms of respect whether deserved or not.  Kinda like bless yer heart.  

With cops why poke bear ?  I've known, and met many cops thru the years (as I'm sure most people have). Several were POS and several were genuinely good guys.  I've smoked weed, and drunk confiscated, quality moonshine with a couple.

I say sir and mam in almost every other instance.  Hell, I even confirm questions from convenience store clerks and waiters with mam or sir.  But, I'll be damned if I'm going to say sir or mam to some egotistic jackass looking to be groveled towards.   

My answers are short and mild-tempered.  Of course, being a CHL holder, most of them are a little less assholey to me...that and I'm a white dude. 

50 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's kind of like a woman having sex.... sometimes it's best just to go ahead and fake it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

???  I’m not doubting this has happened, but please post a video of the “many” scenarios where this has happened, period, and then things go south from there. 

If you are pulled over for a traffic violation and are respectful, a cop isn’t going to tell you to keep your hands visible. If he does, then immediately follows it up with let me see your license, you explain what you are going to do, and then offer to get out of the car. 

Any human is going to have his or her license in a hidden spot - a wallet in the back of his pocket or in her purse. 

I believe you’ve erected a straw man. 

Perhaps I have; I would expect I would try and follow whatever instructions make the most immediate sense but that is the point I was trying to make. The more capable officers do not seem to let their adrenalin get the better of their communication skills whereas others IMO have difficulty. You can bet if I am sitting there pulled over that my adrenalin will likewise be high as (for me) being pulled over is rare. But, in my mind I am not a criminal and whatever action I take will be as a result of the officer either clearly communicating what I am to do, or my attempting to understand what I am to do. Shouting in rapid succession, or multiple officers compounds the communication problem. While some of the citizens were not innocent in these interactions, it is the officer who is supposed to be trained to perform the traffic stop not the citizen.

If the officer assumes everyone is a criminal and a threat first, then perhaps that influences the interaction. I am never going to assume I know what an officer is thinking.

(Apologies for the late response, but I see others referenced some of the videos to which I was referring. Thank you.)

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
spelling

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

?

Weird hill to die on. Cops are stupid, and easily fooled into thinking you respect them with almost no effort. 

Unless you're black.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

?

Weird hill to die on. Cops are stupid, and easily fooled into thinking you respect them with almost no effort. 

Unless you're black.

Not really.  You're married, right?  It's all about tone.  I don't cop an attitude, I remain calm and respond to their questions. 

Do you know why I pulled you over?  No

Is this your correct address?  Yes

Sign here.  (sign w/out a word)

Have a nice day and be safe.  You too.

My answers just don't have mam or sir attached to them.  

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Not really.  You're married, right?  It's all about tone.  I don't cop an attitude, I remain calm and respond to their questions. 

Do you know why I pulled you over?  No

Is this your correct address?  Yes

Sign here.  (sign w/out a word)

Have a nice day and be safe.  You too.

My answers just don't have mam or sir attached to them.  

What do you say when they ask where you are going?

Agreed, it's not nearly as admirable as allowing officers to get away with overstepping their authority without pushing back just so you can get back to your favorite reality TV show without any hassles. That's hero stuff right there.

I mean, sure, you contributed to validating their attitude and their progression to civil rights violations but at least you see who gets voted off the island live, baby.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lulz. I don’t lick boots. I’m just a respectful person to all until otherwise dictated. I don’t live my life trying to send messages like you SJWs. 

You're just cool with armed officers of the state arresting people for disrespecting them.

That you don't see that this makes you the biggest gutless pussy around puts me in a conundrum: what's more pathetic about you, your ignorance, or your gutlessness?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You're just cool with armed officers of the state arresting people for disrespecting them.

That you don't see that this makes you the biggest gutless pussy around puts me in a conundrum: what's more pathetic about you, your ignorance, or your gutlessness?

but at least he's not a SJW!!!!, whatever the fuck that means in this case.

if standing up for your own civil liberties and holding cops accountable to the people they serve makes people SJW, then the terrorists really have won.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

it sure is if you are getting pulled over because of the color of your skin.  

Bingo.

It's easy to rant about how everyone should RESPECT THE AUTHORITAH of Officer Tinydick when Officer Tinydick doesn't pull you over 5 times a year for bullshit because of your race.  And of course, it's also swell to utterly ignore and deny the numerous instances -- literally fucking recorded on audio and video - of cops issuing contrary instructions like "don't move" and "get out of the car" and stupid shit like that.

Go back to licking boots.  The submissive pose is your home, you should stay there.

Were I a person of color I'd for damn sure have one of those car cam recorders in my vehicle whenever I drove anywhere.  If I was pulled over, politely answer all the cops questions, never disclose the camcorder, and let it be EXHIBIT A when I went to court  (if the cop was pulling some BS).  Seems like a pretty cheap insurance policy that could pay handsomely in a civil case.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

In most all cases there it’s just stupid. There is a place to to fight such instances and in the moment with a guy with the power to kill/arrest you, well that is not the time or place. 

right, MLK and all of the civil rights leaders were all misguided and should've been more pussies.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

In most all cases there it’s just stupid. There is a place to to fight such instances and in the moment with a guy with the power to kill/arrest you, well that is not the time or place. 

It's quicker if you just type "SUBMIT, CITIZEN!" for all your responses in this thread.

• Like 1

I went through a checkpoint some years ago coming out of Big Bend and was asked some questions by a dude who was very Hispanic looking (nttawtt) with tats. Gang tats? Who knows.

Now, I'm pretty German looking, and it bemused (and amused) me that I, looking like I do, was being questioned about my citizenship by a guy who looked like a mexican gang-banger. 

Isn't America great? 

"Where were you born?"  Really dude? Where were YOU born?

But I was civil and obedient, cuz that's what Germans do.

Edited by Asithappens

24 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

I went through a checkpoint some years ago coming out of Big Bend and was asked some questions by a dude who was very Hispanic looking (nttawtt) with tats. Gang tats? Who knows.

Now, I'm pretty German looking, and it bemused (and amused) me that I, looking like I do, was being questioned about my citizenship by a guy who looked like a mexican gang-banger. 

Isn't America great? 

"Where were you born?"  Really dude? Where were YOU born?

But I was civil and obedient, cuz that's what Germans do.

Yep, very good about about sorting out people into civil, and obedient lines..... at least they used to be.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

When and where is the time and place exactly?

2 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Is he not Rex Kramer? I was under the impression that's who he was, but I could be wrong.

got damn, i haven't read that name in awhile and just realize how this board has improved because of it.  if dr beeper is rex, then got damned, we are fooked again.