NFL Week 4

ztejas

Just now, hookem48 said:

he's Brady's replacement playing Brady in his return to New England, this ain't college

Well first off he's not really playing Brady, his defense is.  But I would posit that in the trajectory of his career as a QB that personally winning the starting job at Bama was a lot more personally impactful than whether he wins or loses in week 4 of his rookie season to the Bucs (and Tom Brady). He doesn't accomplish that and we likely don't know who the fuck he is.  

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Well first off he's not really playing Brady, his defense is.  But I would posit that in the trajectory of his career as a QB that personally winning the starting job at Bama was a lot more personally impactful than whether he wins or loses in week 4 of his rookie season to the Bucs (and Tom Brady). He doesn't accomplish that and we likely don't know who the fuck he is.  

of course winning the job at Bama was more impactful on his career but if you think the pressure on him tonight isn't as much as he's ever felt you're crazy.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Because Randy Moss played there for 3 years?

yeah, he conjures like zero negative connotations unless you're Jerry Jones.

How 'bout this cat?

4064.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

of course winning the job at Bama was more impactful on his career but if you think the pressure on him tonight isn't as much as he's ever felt you're crazy.

I never said he didn't have pressure I just said he's dealt with it often, daily.  My response was in response to the comment about him being calm.  I would assert that's because he has experience in a lot of high pressure situations.   I mean do you think he's calm just because?  I suppose that's always possible but if the assertion is he's calm (and I would agree he looks very composed) I would argue his experience prepared him for it, so not even really sure what you are arguing with.  

What's your theory on why he looks so calm and composed?

Edited by Surly Bevo

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

yeah, he conjures like zero negative connotations unless you're Jerry Jones.

How 'bout this cat?

4064.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

Looks like he is wearing a permanent helmet.  Glad he's not around to murder me for that mild slight. 

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Because Randy Moss played there for 3 years?

Okay, this seems pertinent. Speaking of Randy Moss, he played at Marshall. I have no rooting interest in this game and really don’t care for either team. But I think it’s kind of cool that Byron Leftwich is the OC for Tampa Bay. He was a stud QB at Marshall.

For the young people, Byron once played on a broken leg and was carried down the field by his linemen. I watched that live. It was one of those all time great moments in college football. My respect for Byron doesn’t outweigh my dislike for Brady, so I’m still not rooting for either team. But I just thought I’d share this for anyone who didn’t know about it.

Okay, this seems pertinent. Speaking of Randy Moss, he played at Marshall. I have no rooting interest in this game and really don’t care for either team. But I think it’s kind of cool that Byron Leftwich is the OC for Tampa Bay. He was a stud QB at Marshall.
For the young people, Byron once played on a broken leg and was carried down the field by his linemen. I watched that live. It was one of those all time great moments in college football. My respect for Byron doesn’t outweigh my dislike for Brady, so I’m still not rooting for either team. But I just thought I’d share this for anyone who didn’t know about it.

Saw this game live as well. Impressive.