This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

8 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Two of those rosters are loaded to the gills with nfl talent. How is that comparable? Quentin Johnston is a better receiver than we’ve had in 10 years lol. I dare say if he was on our roster now we would have won a couple more games. We are building something that will compete in the sec and hopefully win a lot of games year in and year out. 

you're missing what I'm saying. Is Texas not capable of being "Loaded to the gills" with NFL talent. I would bet that on Paper Texas has more "star" power than both Michigan and TCU 50% of the field. Hell, I bet Texas has higher ranked recruits than 70% of the top 10 ranked teams...... I realize that just because these players are ranked by some recruiting service that doesn't mean anything. But holy fuck, can a coach that comes to Texas develop a fuckin roster at some point? especially with NIL and the Transfer Portal now. Much easier to have fill in years with transfer players until the younger guys are ready to hit the field. 

8 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You forgot Todd Orlando.   But has PK been an upgrade?   I guess we got a few more third down stops this year….  But still.  

We just finished with the 54th ranked defense. Sadly that's the highest ranked defense Texas has had since 2017. Yes, getting off the field on 3rd and 4th down were clearly an issue this year. But if you can't see progress was made on that side of the ball I don't know what to tell you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

you're missing what I'm saying. Is Texas not capable of being "Loaded to the gills" with NFL talent. I would bet that on Paper Texas has more "star" power than both Michigan and TCU 50% of the field. Hell, I bet Texas has higher ranked recruits than 70% of the top 10 ranked teams...... I realize that just because these players are ranked by some recruiting service that doesn't mean anything. But holy fuck, can a coach that comes to Texas develop a fuckin roster at some point? especially with NIL and the Transfer Portal now. Much easier to have fill in years with transfer players until the younger guys are ready to hit the field. 

Oh yeah for sure, I think sark is pushing the roster to be on par with every team in the country save bama and Georgia. Michigan probably has a bunch of OL and DL who will be drafted top 3 rounds on their roster right now. Their lines are always salty. Duggan is a lot like Sam, he bails tcu out a fucking ton. What tcu is doing I think sark could have done had Sam come back. Our defense improved a bunch, Bijan won the doak walker award. It’s not like we didn’t put up solid stats. Sark just has some shit to learn about game management. Will he figure that out? My liver says I hope so and fast. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

I was just listening to the Andy Staples Podcast while I worked out. Ari Wasserman said TCU brought in 13 new guys from the transfer portal in the off-season. CFB has changed. Dykes is embracing this change. Sark is not. 

I always have to make sure context is added to your posts because you just drop random ass info that suits your narrative and jerk it to the thought of other coaches using the portal. Dykes team is built on the returning guys they had from last year. 

TCU portal takes last year:

CB Josh Newton (ULM)- Starter at CB. Good player 

OL Ezra Dotson-Oyetade (ASU)- Backup center at 285 pounds. Played in 3 games in mop up duty.

DL Caleb Fox (Stephen F Austin)- Backup DE. 2.5 TFL’s and 0 sacks this year.

RB Emani Bailey (ULL)- 4th string RB. 47 yards against Tarleton State.

DL Tymon Mitchell (Georgia)- Backup NT.

OT Robby Rochester (Uconn)- 3rd string OT. Played special teams 

RB Corey Wren (FSU)- 5th string RB. Had 3 carries against Tarleton State.

LB Johnny Hodges (Navy)- Starting LB. Probably their best portal pickup. Had 81 tackles this year after only having 50 for Navy in 2021.

DL Lwal Uguak (Uconn)- 3rd string DE. Had 3 tackles against Tarleton!

S Mark Perry (Colorado)- Good player. Starter at safety

TE Jared Wiley (Texas)- “started” at TE. We know who he is. 22 catches this year in 14 games.

C Alan Ali (SMU)- Starter. Followed Dykes from SMU.

S Ishmael Burdine (Missouri)- Not even on the depth chart. Had 2 tackles against Tarleton!

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I always have to make sure context is added to your posts because you just drop random ass info that suits your narrative. Dykes team is built on the returning guys they had from last year. 

OL Ezra Dotson-Oyetade (ASU)- Backup center at 285 pounds. Played in 3 games in mop up duty.

LB Johnny Hodges (Navy)- Starting LB. Probably their best portal pickup. Had 81 tackles this year after only having 50 for Navy in 2021.

TE Jared Wiley (Texas)- “started” at TE. We know who he is. 22 catches this year in 14 games.

S Ishmael Burdine (Missouri)- Not even on the depth chart. Had 2 tackles against Tarleton!

4 impact players out of 13 takes. I'm surprised TCU added that many.

• Hook 'Em 1

Call me what you want, we’re shitty officials away from being 10-2 with CCG pending at worse. We’re a couple of missed calls away from beating Bama. Big 12 opponents having two holding penalties against us (one for 0U) is fucking egregious and I’m not expecting to win this shitball conference at any point. It is what it is

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Oh yeah for sure, I think sark is pushing the roster to be on par with every team in the country save bama and Georgia. Michigan probably has a bunch of OL and DL who will be drafted top 3 rounds on their roster right now. Their lines are always salty. Duggan is a lot like Sam, he bails tcu out a fucking ton. What tcu is doing I think sark could have done had Sam come back. Our defense improved a bunch, Bijan won the doak walker award. It’s not like we didn’t put up solid stats. Sark just has some shit to learn about game management. Will he figure that out? My liver says I hope so and fast. 

Agreed, I was just looking at 2004/2005 USC and 2006 Arkansas to compare how those teams split carries between having 2 really talented runners (Bush, White, McFadden, Jones).

2004 USC: White 203 carries 1,103 yds; Bush 143 carries 908 yds        346 total carries. Avg of 26 carries per game. 

2005 USC: Bush 200 carries 1,740 yds; White 197 carries 1,302 yds      397 total carries. Avg of 30 carries per game. 

2006 Arkansas: McFadden 284 carries 1,647 yds; Jones 154 carries 1,168 yds       438 total carries. Avg of 31 carries per game.

2022 Texas: Robinson 258 carries 1,580 yds; Johnson 93 carries 554 yds      351 total carries. Avg of 27 carries per game. 

Kinda shocked to see how close it was to other duos. However, that USC team was loaded with talent on offense. Would like to see what Texas' record looked like had we ran the ball 400+ times with Bijan and Rojo. 

56 minutes ago, troph said:

no one is winning consistently at the Bama / Georgia level

We've won one national title in the last 52 years. I think we are a lot more likely to win our next title as a "one off" (like TCU is trying to do this year) than to think we will become Bama. My goodness, I hope I am wrong, and Sark turns us in to a dynasty. Still, Bama and Ohio State added starters at key line positions this past season via the portal. I think that will only increase from the top programs in the coming years. I really think things have drastically changed and that Sark is adapting slower than other "blue blood" programs. 

Edited by JFKFC
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

We've won one national title in the last 52 years. I think we are a lot more likely to win our next title as a "one off" (like TCU is trying to do this year) than to think we will become Bama or Georgia. My goodness, I hope I am wrong, and Sark turns us in to a dynasty. Still, Bama and Ohio State added starters at key line positions this past season via the portal. I think that will only increase from the top programs in the coming years. I really think things have drastically changed and that Sark is adapting slower than other "blue blood" programs. 

I’m glad we hired that dude that’s supposed to scout other teams players for the portal only to be playing the portal the exact same way we did last year. We’re way too patient in the portal waiting on word of mouth rather than attacking the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I always have to make sure context is added to your posts because you just drop random ass info that suits your narrative and jerk it to the thought of other coaches using the portal. Dykes team is built on the returning guys they had from last year. 

Losing Neyor this year really hurt us imho. It's clear the receiver room needs a leader and some maturity. X is a "me first" guy and Whittington seems like a quiet just do my job type. It seems to be the same problem in the secondary. Would be nice to see us use the portal for mature, strong leadership types that are solid starters. Don't need you to be a star, just don't fuck us and provide some leadership for the young guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Losing Neyor this year really hurt us imho. It's clear the receiver room needs a leader and some maturity. X is a "me first" guy and Whittington seems like a quiet just do my job type. It seems to be the same problem in the secondary. Would be nice to see us use the portal for mature, strong leadership types that are solid starters. Don't need you to be a star, just don't fuck us and provide some leadership for the young guys.

Catalon would be that. Was a multi year captain for Arkansas. Great locker room guy with a good head on his shoulders.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

We've won one national title in the last 52 years. I think we are a lot more likely to win our next title as a "one off" (like TCU is trying to do this year) than to think we will become Bama. My goodness, I hope I am wrong, and Sark turns us in to a dynasty. Still, Bama and Ohio State added starters at key line positions this past season via the portal. I think that will only increase from the top programs in the coming years. I really think things have drastically changed and that Sark is adapting slower than other "blue blood" programs. 

This is such a bullshit take. Texas was in contention for a National Title multiple times over the years. TCU was in the fucking WAC, quit being a bitch. 

Played for a National title in 1963, 1969, 1970, 1977, 1983, 2005, 2009. 99% of college football would trade all the tea in China just for that. Yes, Texas seems to step on their own dick instead of being a killer. But to act like we're fucking TCU is being a disingenuous gaping pussy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

You’re not even addressing my point. Get out of here with that cropping 6 words out of a long post. I’m on record saying hope is the least brain damaging strategy here but I’m confident it’s false hope. He’s not the guy. If he can recruit well, have some stability and Texas can replace him after 4-5 years with a solid coach we could be okay, kind of a Texas two step from Herman. Kind of like the two step from McWilliams with Mackovic to Mack.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

This is such a bullshit take. Texas was in contention for a National Title multiple times over the years. TCU was in the fucking WAC, quit being a bitch. 

Played for a National title in 1963, 1969, 1970, 1977, 1983, 2005, 2009. 99% of college football would trade all the tea in China just for that. Yes, Texas seems to step on their own dick instead of being a killer. But to act like we're fucking TCU is being a disingenuous gaping pussy.  

Texas was in contention for a title in 1977, 1983(muff punt), and 2008/2009. 

That’s it. 

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

And I’m not privy to Sarkisian’s thought process, but if Catalon indeed signs, that’s two potentially solid upgrades in the secondary to go with, hopefully, a better and more consistent punter. Not super splashy or worthy of a podcast, maybe, but maybe a big difference in what the defense can do, especially if there are any worthwhile snaps to be had among the freshmen. 

The portal has upsides, but churning, say, OL so your young guys never get experience and you never build depth isn’t one of them. Sure, you take your lumps with a young OL with the vision that your program is here for the long term, not just this season. IMO. 

The fact that you need to find starters or significant playmakers in the portal is kind of my point, the roster is not there yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Had Mack not been a complete bitch when it came to Major Applewhite, and let Vince be Vince a year earlier. Along with finding someone better than Blake Gideon. Texas would've played for Titles in 2001, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009. That's pretty fucking outstanding. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texas was in contention for a title in 1977, 1983(muff punt), and 2008/2009. 

That’s it. 

That’s winning or playing for 7 since the 1960s and that doesn’t count multiple more top 5 and top 10 finishes.  Pretty salty for as bad as our program has been this past decade and in the 1980s / 1990s. 

13 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Had Mack not been a complete bitch when it came to Major Applewhite, and let Vince be Vince a year earlier. Along with finding someone better than Blake Gideon Texas would've played for Titles in 2001, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009. That's pretty fucking outstanding. 

Some of those top 5/10 finishes. More in the 60’s, 70’s, and early 80’s. Probably 12-15 to go along with playing for or winning a title 6-7 times. Kind of the definition of a top program. 

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

One thing I get annoyed with: the vast majority of us are complaining about Sark. Not advocating he be fired at this time.

I wasn’t jazzed about the hire but thought there was a lot of potential and a lot to like despite the red flags.

As a long suffering Horn fan I deserve the right to bitch about the coach. This ain’t Organgebloods sunshine pumping back in the day BS. This isn’t  Texags where you can’t bitch about the coach.

My crystal ball I’m looking at tells me he’s a 7-6/8-5 guy. with maybe one great Herman type Sugar Bowl winning season. Unless Sark hires a main OC. I think he will not do this. I think he will get 3-4 more years. I don’t think he can get to a CCG or a CFP without a. Main OC. That’s my opinion (unless he hires kickass aforementioned main OC.)

this doesn’t mean I think he should be fired or be on the hot seat yet. I just see down the road an inevitable head coaching change before 2026. My opinion. Have earned the right to expect our HC’s to win. Not have a 13-12 record with 0 bowl wins at this stage with what I believe was a talented enough roster for at least a 18 -7 record with a an appearance in the CCG and 1 bowl win this season. And that’s on Sark. 

TCU is a lucky team. No question. They may or may not be mediocre for the rest of the Dykes tenure. Portal, NIL and choice of coordinators dictate that. How much of a bump they’ll get in recruiting dictates that. The same people criticIzing other posters for criticizing Sark also turn their noses down at all the other colleges having success doing things we wouldn’t. Turn their noses down at Traylor and McGuire and DeBoer types. Scoffed at the idea that Dykes could do something like this. Couldn’t wait for Mack to get fired. Blame the roster. Think our recruits are overrated. There’s just no way TEXAS could make three bad hires in a row. Just no way.  The stuff the other colleges did ain’t sustainable I have been told repeatedly. We’ll get there too because OUR coach had a bare cupboard and once he gets all his guys the right way  (via recruiting) we’ll be a dynasty and competing for CCG and CFP every year bc we’re TExas. Okeedokee! 

I’m afraid McGuire might be the next to make us hate Sark.  He put together a hell of a recruiting class and Tech is paying every player a base of $70K/year.  He also seems to have a feel for managing a game.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

We just finished with the 54th ranked defense. Sadly that's the highest ranked defense Texas has had since 2017. Yes, getting off the field on 3rd and 4th down were clearly an issue this year. But if you can't see progress was made on that side of the ball I don't know what to tell you. 

This is exactly what I’m talking about.   There was not one time this season going back now several seasons I had confidence we’d hold the other team to a three and out .   Not even against Louisiana Monroe for crying out loud .  I know statistically we looked better and we had some fantastic moments on defense vs the past few years under both Sark and Tom Turtle.   But we are still lacking the confidence where we can rely on the defense to take over the game if and when the offense sputters.    See this years Okie State and Tech games although the Rig officiating helped in that Okie State game.  

I look forward to the day when the “3rd and PK” never gets mentioned in a game chats thread on here.   Or a 3rd and whomever is the DC at the time.   So far since Orlando it’s been the same common theme. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I’m afraid McGuire might be the next to make us hate Sark.  He put together a hell of a recruiting class and Tech is paying every player a base of $70K/year.  He also seems to have a feel for managing a game.

Is Texas paying a base for all players yet?

Lol can y’all stop pretending like y’all are gonna be thrilled if Sark wins 9/10 games? Y’all are still gonna bitch and make threads like this.

We’ve lost 5 games all by one score and two (arguably 3) were due to shitty officials. One was a fluke fumble and the other was without our two best players on offense and 2nd or 3rd best player on defense. All while relying on a freshman QB and 3 freshman Olineman.

Anybody that thinks this was a bad coaching season for Sark is a weirdo

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This is exactly what I’m talking about.   There was not one time this season going back now several seasons I had confidence we’d hold the other team to a three and out .   Not even against Louisiana Monroe for crying out loud .  I know statistically we looked better and we had some fantastic moments on defense vs the past few years under both Sark and Tom Turtle.   But we are still lacking the confidence where we can rely on the defense to take over the game if and when the offense sputters.    See this years Okie State and Tech games although the Rig officiating helped in that Okie State game.  

I look forward to the day when the “3rd and PK” never gets mentioned in a game chats thread on here.   Or a 3rd and whomever is the DC at the time.   So far since Orlando it’s been the same common theme. 

We're just not there yet. Despite having some "salty" guys, your expectation for the offense to sputter (when in all actuality the offense fell flat on their face) and the defense to completely shut down the other squad is a bit much right now.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

One thing I get annoyed with: the vast majority of us are complaining about Sark. Not advocating he be fired at this time.

I wasn’t jazzed about the hire but thought there was a lot of potential and a lot to like despite the red flags.

As a long suffering Horn fan I deserve the right to bitch about the coach. This ain’t Organgebloods sunshine pumping back in the day BS. This isn’t  Texags where you can’t bitch about the coach.

My crystal ball I’m looking at tells me he’s a 7-6/8-5 guy. with maybe one great Herman type Sugar Bowl winning season. Unless Sark hires a main OC. I think he will not do this. I think he will get 3-4 more years. I don’t think he can get to a CCG or a CFP without a. Main OC. That’s my opinion (unless he hires kickass aforementioned main OC.)

this doesn’t mean I think he should be fired or be on the hot seat yet. I just see down the road an inevitable head coaching change before 2026. My opinion. Have earned the right to expect our HC’s to win. Not have a 13-12 record with 0 bowl wins at this stage with what I believe was a talented enough roster for at least a 18 -7 record with a an appearance in the CCG and 1 bowl win this season. And that’s on Sark. 

TCU is a lucky team. No question. They may or may not be mediocre for the rest of the Dykes tenure. Portal, NIL and choice of coordinators dictate that. How much of a bump they’ll get in recruiting dictates that. The same people criticIzing other posters for criticizing Sark also turn their noses down at all the other colleges having success doing things we wouldn’t. Turn their noses down at Traylor and McGuire and DeBoer types. Scoffed at the idea that Dykes could do something like this. Couldn’t wait for Mack to get fired. Blame the roster. Think our recruits are overrated. There’s just no way TEXAS could make three bad hires in a row. Just no way.  The stuff the other colleges did ain’t sustainable I have been told repeatedly. We’ll get there too because OUR coach had a bare cupboard and once he gets all his guys the right way  (via recruiting) we’ll be a dynasty and competing for CCG and CFP every year bc we’re TExas. Okeedokee! 

Nicole is 100% spot on. Sark ain't winning the SEC or the CFP ... or getting to 10 wins too often (if ever) ... and certainly not 10 years in a row. Lulz.

However, Sark will be here another 3-5 years, barring a meltdown season or two. The Big 12 will be sending teams to the 12-team playoff long before Texas ever gets in, buried in the SEC with 3-4 losses per year. 

No need to argue about Strong v. Herman v. Sark v. Mack. The Texas big cigars have made three bad FB coaching hires in a row. That's all there is to it. Accept that and realize we are likely headed for a 15-20 year desert stroll, outside an outlier like Herman's Sugar Bowl year. We have already tied the 13-year desert between Akers and Mack. We are repeating the McWilliams-Mackovic era, during which I was at UT.

All this sucks, but it is what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Lol can y’all stop pretending like y’all are gonna be thrilled if Sark wins 9/10 games? Y’all are still gonna bitch and make threads like this.

We’ve lost 5 games all by one score and two (arguably 3) were due to shitty officials. One was a fluke fumble and the other was without our two best players on offense and 2nd or 3rd best player on defense. All while relying on a freshman QB and 3 freshman Olineman.

Anybody that thinks this was a bad coaching season for Sark is a weirdo

Project much? User name and all that.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Had Mack not been a complete bitch when it came to Major Applewhite, and let Vince be Vince a year earlier. Along with finding someone better than Blake Gideon. Texas would've played for Titles in 2001, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009. That's pretty fucking outstanding. 

Major was not better than Simms. If we played Major all year we lose a couple games elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Nicole is 100% spot on. Sark ain't winning the SEC or the CFP ... or getting to 10 wins too often (if ever) ... and certainly not 10 years in a row. Lulz.

However, Sark will be here another 3-5 years, barring a meltdown season or two. The Big 12 will be sending teams to the 12-team playoff long before Texas ever gets in, buried in the SEC with 3-4 losses per year. 

No need to argue about Strong v. Herman v. Sark v. Mack. The Texas big cigars have made three bad FB coaching hires in a row. That's all there is to it. Accept that and realize we are likely headed for a 15-20 year desert stroll, outside an outlier like Herman's Sugar Bowl year. We have already tied the 13-year desert between Akers and Mack. We are repeating the McWilliams-Mackovic era, during which I was at UT.

Actually 5-6 bad hires, and they only get a pass on Mack, Gary Barnett was Deloss’ choice and I think at least some boosters. It was DKR that intervened for Mack.

but you are otherwise spot on, we can hope but it’s not delusional it’s knowing this shit isn’t getting us to the top. Let’s just hope the foundation is solid and the next guy can ball. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’ve been on Surely long enough to know we’d still bitch if he won 9/10 games. 

Of course. But we aren’t weirdos for recognizing sark showed us who he was. If you had to bet in Vegas right now, your entire net worth on whether he plateaus at 8-10 wins per year or gets us to 10-13+ consistently / put another way 3-5 losses consistently or 0-2 losses consistently which is it? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, troph said:

Of course. But we aren’t weirdos for recognizing sark showed us who he was. If you had to bet in Vegas right now, your entire net worth on whether he plateaus at 8-10 wins per year or gets us to 10-13+ consistently / put another way 3-5 losses consistently or 0-2 losses consistently which is it? 

Geezus you guys are always on the ledge. Coaching in cfb is more about recruiting than it is coaching. The teams that are recruiting well are winning all the games consistently year over year. We have sucked large penis for these last 12 years because we were not able to recruit consistently. Prior to that when we were recruiting well it showed in wins and losses. The next guy who can recruit the way we recruited during the early part of Mack's tenure will be The Guy. 

Edited by Thatguy

5 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Sad fact is: TCU has had the better overall football program in Texas since 2010. Accept it. 

In 1970, when I was a boy, my dad took me to see Texas v. TCU at a chilly Amon Carter Stadium. Eddie Phillips ran the wishbone all over TCU to the tune of 58-0. It was one in a streak of 25+ wins in a row over the Frogs, until John Mackovic's first year, when he lost to TCU because .... you guessed it ... he did not have the players for his system. Lulz. It's the exact same excuse we hear for Sark. Lulz again. 

Yes. Of course. First rate thinking there. Because an excuse or reason given was incorrect once, it will never be correct again. I need to get a chisel and look for a granite slab.

Many thanks.

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Geezus you guys are always on the ledge. Coaching in cfb is more about recruiting than it is coaching. The teams that are recruiting well are winning all the games consistently year over year. We have sucked large penis for these last 12 years because we were not able to recruit consistently. Prior to that when we were recruiting well it showed in wins and losses. The next guy who can recruit the way we recruited during the early part of Mack's tenure will be The Guy. 

Jimbo says hey...and also that you're a dumbass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

You forgot Todd Orlando.   But has PK been an upgrade?   I guess we got a few more third down stops this year….  But still.  

It was dumb hiring the back end staff before PK. That probably was the main issue that fucked us last year. That said, PK is a lot more proven than Orlando.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

not really. I kinda don’t care because I don’t have a say. That’s who I think he is, I hope he’s more. I’m not banging pots, mine are for cooking not for message board serious business.

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

Getting the right coach is luck. Accept that and hope for the best.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yes. Of course. First rate thinking there. Because an excuse or reason given was incorrect once, it will never be correct again. I need to get a chisel and look for a granite slab.

Many thanks.

You're welcome. Here's a quick prototype for ya! Good project for the off season. 

CoachingExcuseGranite..jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I clearly stated later in this thread that I’m not certain he can win 8 games every year consistently, but the method for which he is building this team supports above average winning for a long time. OL/DL have been completely turned around, we went into Louisiana for their top offensive and defensive recruits, we signed the #1 rb and LB. Sark is doing exactly what Mack did from a talent perspective and I think he’s doing it with a staff better suited to help these kids improve year to year. Will he take the next step to winning consistently at a high level like a harbaugh? I have no fuckin clue man. I hope so though, lol. I don’t want you to think I hate your opinion either, we need level headed, less sunshine pumping opinions just as much as we need mine. It makes this board a fun place to be. Sorry I called you an asshole lol. 

I’ve been called worse by worse. Apology accepted. Sorry I called you delusional. Sark’s recruiting is the only ray of hope I see. Hope he can keep it rolling and win with the big time recruiting classes like Mack did. I certainly do not expect it.

• Hook 'Em 1