ALCS -- Red Sox vs Astros

Beau Vine

Sad to see otherwise intelligent folks perform whatever mental leaps and justification they can come up with to say the largest cheating scandal since a thrown world series is not a big deal.  Their tainted WS will always be seen as such by anyone not a homer.   When your morals involve 'some others cheated and maybe even someone else cheated' as somehow justification for outright cheating to win a World Series, then your integrity is indeed situational.  Perhaps if you go digging in those trashcans without a lid on them you can find where you threw your conscience away.

And deep down you know  its true, or you wouldn't voluntarily bring it up in desperate search of internet  likes from fellow travelers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Sad to see otherwise intelligent folks perform whatever mental leaps and justification they can come up with to say the largest cheating scandal since a thrown world series is not a big deal.  Their tainted WS will always be seen as such by anyone not a homer.   When your morals involve 'some others cheated and maybe even someone else cheated' as somehow justification for outright cheating to win a World Series, then your integrity is indeed situational.  Perhaps if you go digging in those trashcans without a lid on them you can find where you threw your conscience away.

And deep down you know  its true, or you wouldn't voluntarily bring it up in desperate search of internet  likes from fellow travelers.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

23B217BD-7420-493F-9930-443D32B123E0.thumb.jpeg.752a7678879ce21bbb268596dede5778.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

*gambling scandal

Losing on purpose isn't cheating.  Cheaters are generally trying to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Imagine the mental gymnastics it takes to try to suggest this was an Astros only problem.  Especially when the Red Sox were busted for doing the same, twice, and with an electronic device included. 

Red Sox reportedly used Apple Watch to steal Yankees' signs - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Especially when the Yankee manager :

Or why a NY judge is censoring the "Sign Stealing Letter"; why hide Manfred's findings?

Yankees News: Judge Won't Unseal Sign-Stealing Letter Until After Appeal Is Over | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Your ability to ignore reality and stick to the narrative is tip top.

Anticipates reply......"DEBUNKED!!"

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

Umpires need to stop letting batters step out of the box and think for 10 seconds between every pitch. One of a million reasons postseason games take so long. Brantley was doing it in the top half, for example. Because then the pitcher clock doesn't even start until he's back in and the catcher isn't going to give signs until the batter is in the box and looking toward the pitcher.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea it blows my mind that Red Sox fans yell cheaters when they cheated in 2018. And it’s glossed over and ignored which is why I’m just embracing the hate. 

At what point are y'all not going to fuck up every thread on the baseball board with this stupid shit?  2026?  2028?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

stfu and take it to the Sunday church thread you fuckin dork

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

What other team is TexArcher a fan of?

I'm participating in this thread while watching the ALCS. While watching the ALCS FS1 has shown a Red Sox fan's (pretty good and funny) sign referring to the situation multiple times. 

That means discussing Boston fans talking about it is part of watching the ALCS.

As I said, as soon as other fans and the media stop bringing it up. 

Edited by Huckleberry

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Astros fans in this thread are the ones who brought it up.  If you had stuck with the Laz Diaz stuff you would have been fine.

I'm still fine. Thank you for your continuing concern, though. Shall we discuss the Mariners' spider tack cheating or are you going to let it go? 

1 minute ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Drunk already?  Edit:  or just the usual Goumand idiocy.  Sorry, I should know better and keep you on ignore.

you're actually arguing about "morals" in baseball. over sign stealing, something every team since forever has tried to do and is not that big of a deal. CHANGE YOUR SIGNS.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I'm still fine. Thank you for your continuing concern, though. Shall we discuss the Mariners' spider tack cheating or are you going to let it go? 

So who brought it up again?  And I was fine with the punishment dealt to the reliever in question. But again, that line of attack has nothing to with the tainted World Series.   

Just now, MC Fresh Breath said:

So who brought it up again?  And I was fine with the punishment dealt to the reliever in question. But again, that line of attack has nothing to with the tainted World Series.   

So no you're not going to let it go? Mariners cheating is okay because they still sucked. That right there is some high moral ground. 

Astros cheated, got caught, got punished. 

Are you going to let it go now? 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So no you're not going to let it go? Mariners cheating is okay because they still sucked. That right there is some high moral ground. 

Astros cheated, got caught, got punished. 

Are you going to let it go now? 

I thought you were smarter than this.  I really did.  I guess I was wrong.  Point to where I said a Mariners pitcher cheating is OK.   Please.  And then once again tell me what it has to do with what you brought up in this thread.

3 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I thought you were smarter than this.  I really did.  I guess I was wrong.  Point to where I said a Mariners pitcher cheating is OK.   Please.  And then once again tell me what it has to do with what you brought up in this thread.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/messenger/compose/&to=1821

Not sure why Sale was allowed to pitch to Alvarez a third time after he already had two hits and 1st base was open with runners at 2nd and 3rd and one out.

Brain Fart for Cora...

Astros now lead 3-0 top of the 6th, and all 3 RBI's are Yordan's... 

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, dbecks said:

Well, it was a good series while it lasted.

I mean- we have no pitching and when the clowns we are going to trot out in the next two games pitched last we went ahead and set a record for most grand slams given up in the same post season series, so… I will believe this series is over when I see the handshake line. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, dbecks said:

Well, it was a good series while it lasted.

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- we have no pitching and when the clowns we are going to trot out in the next two games pitched last we went ahead and set a record for most grand slams given up in the same post season series, so… I will believe this series is over when I see the handshake line. 

Exactly. Astros arms are more than beatable. Feels weird to say with games 6 and 7 in Houston but this game almost feels more important for Houston to win than Boston when you look ahead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Exactly. Astros arms are more than beatable. Feels weird to say with games 6 and 7 in Houston but this game almost feels more important for Houston to win than Boston when you look ahead. 

I absolutely felt that to be the case today. It will be duck tape and bailing wire needed to get 27 outs one time in Htown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Did you include Framber in the clown category prior to this game?