Wash St. Covid thread of despair and anti-vax bannination

MotownHorn

29 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Those breakthroughs don't seem to be very rare in some countries. England is reporting more deaths among vaccinated than unvaccinated. Singapore is exploding with cases and most of the country is vaccinated. New York now has more than double Florida's rate of Covid cases per 100K. Vermont is reporting most of their deaths in the month of September are vaccinated people. Rhode Island's breakthrough hospitalizations and mortality rate exceeded unvaccinated in September. 

Considering the short timeline the vaccines have been available and the data that coming out globally I don't think you can make that statement with any real certainty.

How fucking stupid can you possibly be? You should be banned for this post alone. So incredibly dumb.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, maninblack said:

England Public Health Data: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018547/Technical_Briefing_23_21_09_16.pdf

Table 5

Rhode Island Department of Health Raw Data: https://www.andrewbostom.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Copy-of-September-COVID-Infections.xlsx

Hospitalizations

—136 breakthrough hospitalizations/684,000 fully vaccinated=19.9/100,000

—27 not fully vaccinated hospitalizations/416,000 not fully vaccinated= 6.5/100,000

—12 hospitalizations in those with prior infection history/638,000 with prior infection=1.9/100,000

Deaths

—22 breakthrough deaths/684,000 fully vaccinated=3.2/100,000

—5 not fully vaccinated deaths/416,000 not fully vaccinated= 1.2/100,000

—0 deaths in those with prior infection history/638,000 with prior infection=0/100,000

Vermont and New York data can be found here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

https://vermontdailychronicle.com/2021/09/30/76-of-september-covid-19-deaths-are-vaxxed-breakthroughs/

Singapore:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.24.49 PM.png

I will say there's concern for the waning of antibodies as was seen in Israel which mainly used Pfizer vaccines.  After 6-8 months you could see that hence they did the mass booster shot campaign.  

That being said go look at Sweden's approach (10 mil population) which basically didnt shut down the past year.  15K deaths.  Norway did things more similar to the rest of Europe (5 mil population) and deaths were 800.  10x less deaths than Sweden.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, maninblack said:

England Public Health Data: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018547/Technical_Briefing_23_21_09_16.pdf

Table 5

Rhode Island Department of Health Raw Data: https://www.andrewbostom.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Copy-of-September-COVID-Infections.xlsx

Hospitalizations

—136 breakthrough hospitalizations/684,000 fully vaccinated=19.9/100,000

—27 not fully vaccinated hospitalizations/416,000 not fully vaccinated= 6.5/100,000

—12 hospitalizations in those with prior infection history/638,000 with prior infection=1.9/100,000

Deaths

—22 breakthrough deaths/684,000 fully vaccinated=3.2/100,000

—5 not fully vaccinated deaths/416,000 not fully vaccinated= 1.2/100,000

—0 deaths in those with prior infection history/638,000 with prior infection=0/100,000

Vermont and New York data can be found here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

https://vermontdailychronicle.com/2021/09/30/76-of-september-covid-19-deaths-are-vaxxed-breakthroughs/

Singapore:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.24.49 PM.png

Anton Chigurh : And you know what's going to happen now. You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.

Carson Wells : You go to hell.

Anton Chigurh : [Chuckles]  Alright. Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Liberty is possible but unless there's some underlying health issue he's at virtually no risk of dying from Covid complications which I'm sure is a bummer to most of the respondents I'm this thread.

Yeah. Fuck protecting other people. Fuck that shit. I like being a selfish prick 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’ve sat back and watched this vaccination argument from a worldwide perspective. My entire life I’ve wondered how a single man was able to get an entire country to support the egregious persecution of a large group of people based on their beliefs. I thought surely someone in the crowd would be able to stand up and say, “wait a minute, is this right,”and cause others to pause and reflect on the mob’s decisions. It really is an unstoppable force that only appears unacceptable during reflection.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

That man manipulated widespread economic anxiety, deep seated prejudices, junk pseudoscience and propaganda to convince millions of people to make decisions deadly to themselves and others and ruinous to their own country. Much like antivaxxers are manipulated. 

That’s what we’re talking about right? We’re surely not equating a mandate for a safe, free, effective vaccine to combat a pandemic to organizing the Holocaust because no one is stupid enough to make that logic leap. 

You got me… it’s the mandates I’m referring to here and I’m absolutely comparing vaccine mandates to the holocaust.

That simplifies it, since that’s obviously what your brain needs. 

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You got me… it’s the mandates I’m referring to here and I’m absolutely comparing vaccine mandates to the holocaust.

That simplifies it, since that’s obviously what your brain needs. 

So please, do tell, what were you doing if not comparing vaccine mandates for state employees (which, by the way, have been around forever, and have never carried any criminal punishment) to the Holocaust?

8 hours ago, maninblack said:

Those breakthroughs don't seem to be very rare in some countries. England is reporting more deaths among vaccinated than unvaccinated. Singapore is exploding with cases and most of the country is vaccinated. New York now has more than double Florida's rate of Covid cases per 100K. Vermont is reporting most of their deaths in the month of September are vaccinated people. Rhode Island's breakthrough hospitalizations and mortality rate exceeded unvaccinated in September. 

Considering the short timeline the vaccines have been available and the data that coming out globally I don't think you can make that statement with any real certainty.

You're a fucking idiot, but I'm sure you already knew that. 

It is still amazing to me to see so many people simply toss out all scientific data and clear antidotal evidence in a clear preference for STUPIDITY!

Like Ron White said you "can't fix stupid."

ESPECIALLY when a certain segment of our society now believes more lies than truths.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’ve sat back and watched this vaccination argument from a worldwide perspective. My entire life I’ve wondered how a single man was able to get an entire country to support the egregious persecution of a large group of people based on their beliefs. I thought surely someone in the crowd would be able to stand up and say, “wait a minute, is this right,”and cause others to pause and reflect on the mob’s decisions. It really is an unstoppable force that only appears unacceptable during reflection.

image.gif.0ce991a30e20c144ac0f205b0784018c.gif

Just now, Eggo said:

Ignoring science does not make a person ignorant, it makes them moronic. 

Ok, even if you believe they are morons, does that make it acceptable to sentence them to an agonizing death? This fucking guy is really receiving no flack for this line of thinking? This is the exact shit I’m talking about. “Send them to an island filled with diseases, then they’ll believe! Hahaha!”

I’ve been discussing (arguing) with a scientist on Twitter for months about COVID vaccines. He (and his world group) thinks we should lock down and take a natural immune boosting approach, that the vaccines are creating a super mutant virus. I think he’s nuts. I believe we should vaccinate and move on with life. However, I don’t think he should suffer extraordinary for his beliefs just like those who are skeptical of a rushed vaccine. Both my daughters are having excruciating menstrual cycles since getting vaccinated. Related? I don’t know. There’s been no long term studies to determine long term effects. We may look back 10 years from now and say, “we seriously fucked that up.”  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Why not both?

Because it's not both, you idiot. Ignorance means you aren't aware of something. It's impossible after almost 2 fucking years of occupying every headline on Earth for a person to be ignorant of the facts. If they are willfully choosing to get their information from heavily biased news sources, social media, or word-of-mouth anecdotes, that's a lack of critical thinking and I have no sympathy for these people losing their jobs. 

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Ok, even if you believe they are morons, does that make it acceptable to sentence them to an agonizing death? This fucking guy is really receiving no flack for this line of thinking? This is the exact shit I’m talking about. “Send them to an island filled with diseases, then they’ll believe! Hahaha!”

I’ve been discussing (arguing) with a scientist on Twitter for months about COVID vaccines. He (and his world group) thinks we should lock down and take a natural immune boosting approach, that the vaccines are creating a super mutant virus. I think he’s nuts. I believe we should vaccinate and move on with life. However, I don’t think he should suffer extraordinary for his beliefs just like those who are skeptical of a rushed vaccine. Both my daughters are having excruciating menstrual cycles since getting vaccinated. Related? I don’t know. There’s been no long term studies to determine long term effects. We may look back 10 years from now and say, “we seriously fucked that up.”  

I'm sorry you took his stupid post so seriously. 

Just now, Eggo said:

Because it's not both, you idiot. Ignorance means you aren't aware of something. It's impossible after almost 2 fucking years of occupying every headline on Earth for a person to be ignorant of the facts. If they are willfully choosing to get their information from heavily biased news sources, social media, or word-of-mouth anecdotes, that's a lack of critical thinking and I have no sympathy for these people losing their jobs. 

Please tell me what aren't heavily biased news sources?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

So please, do tell, what were you doing if not comparing vaccine mandates for state employees (which, by the way, have been around forever, and have never carried any criminal punishment) to the Holocaust?

yeah... that Holocaust comparison thing didn't work out too well for 117 employees (former employees?) of Houston Methodist Hospital.

Judge Hughes down in Houston made short work of that argument ... "Equating the injection requirement to medical experimentation in concentration camps is reprehensible."

Each state law is different with regard to employment but methinks the former Coog Coach should have read Judge Hughes' opinion:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20860669-houston-methodist-lawsuit-order-of-dismissal

Except he didn't say that. The closest thing that I could find was him telling construction workers recently that he's working to get all medical workers vaccinates, so patients don't have to worry about catching COVID when they go to the hospital. Poor messaging, sure. It's way too firm and borders on an absolute, which should be avoided at all costs. But it's not the same as point blank saying, "You can't get Covid if you've been vaccinated."
You're comparing people not saying the exact right thing or saying conflicting things based on ever-changing data with people purposely and knowingly spreading lies and misinformation and preying on people's fear, anger, and distrust.
CNN town hall in Cincinnati. His exact words were "You aren't going to get covid if you get these vaccines" and I could be wrong, but I remember him saying it again to make his point..and cringing both times.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Why would you condemn anyone to that because they are ignorant?

Because no one who can understand english could be that fucking ignorant.  These clowns know damn good and well what vaccinations can prevent and refuse to admit it, which helps to condemn other people to death.  I now suspect that you are one of them, so this conversation is over from my end.  Have the last word if it makes you feel any better. 

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
24 minutes ago, aggie08 said:
Except he didn't say that. The closest thing that I could find was him telling construction workers recently that he's working to get all medical workers vaccinates, so patients don't have to worry about catching COVID when they go to the hospital. Poor messaging, sure. It's way too firm and borders on an absolute, which should be avoided at all costs. But it's not the same as point blank saying, "You can't get Covid if you've been vaccinated."
You're comparing people not saying the exact right thing or saying conflicting things based on ever-changing data with people purposely and knowingly spreading lies and misinformation and preying on people's fear, anger, and distrust.

CNN town hall in Cincinnati. His exact words were "You aren't going to get covid if you get these vaccines" and I could be wrong, but I remember him saying it again to make his point..and cringing both times.

He's a gaffe machine.  Is that news?

2 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Because no one who can understand english could be that fucking ignorant.  These clowns know damn good and well what vaccinations can prevent and refuse to admit it, which helps to condemn other people to death.  I now suspect that you are one of them, so this conversation is over from my end.  Have the last word if it makes you feel any better. 

You should get out more. I don’t feel better knowing there are people like you who refuse to listen to others but expect others to listen to them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Here's what he said in Cincinnati:

Ten thousand people have recently died; 9,950 of them, thereabouts, are people who hadn't been vaccinated. 

This is a simple, basic proposition. If you're vaccinated, you're not going to be hospitalized, you're not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die. 

And so what I say to people who are worried about a new pandemic is get vaccinated. If you're vaccinated, even if you do "catch the virus," quote, unquote, like people talk about it in normal terms, you're -- not many people do. If you do, you're not likely to get sick.

I didn't read all of it, but nothing I found--while a little loose with his words--resembles what you're saying. And if he did say it, it's clear that it wasn't the message he was shooting for overall.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/07/21/joe-biden-cnn-town-hall-transcript/8051311002/

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

"Ten thousand people have recently died; 9,950 of them, thereabouts, are people who hadn't been vaccinated. 

This is a simple, basic proposition. If you're vaccinated, you're not going to be hospitalized, you're not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die. 

And so what I say to people who are worried about a new pandemic is get vaccinated. If you're vaccinated, even if you do "catch the virus," quote, unquote, like people talk about it in normal terms, you're -- not many people do. If you do, you're not likely to get sick."

I didn't read all of it, but nothing I found resembles what you're saying.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/07/21/joe-biden-cnn-town-hall-transcript/8051311002/

Thanks - that's helpful.  A very tiny bit of this is about message construction and delivery, but it's overwhelmingly about bad faith actors taking snippets of statements out of context and manipulating the message to drive wrong and shitty opinions, misinformation, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

I didn't make it up.  That's the point of my post.  Every society has multiple terms for "unwritten laws of society."  They literally go back to before we could even write.

You mean like "gentlemen's agreements"?  Ask aggy how that worked out for them.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I didn't read all of it, but nothing I found--while a little loose with his words--resembles what you're saying. And if he did say it, it's clear that it wasn't the message he was shooting for overall.

Okay, found it:

But, again, one last thing. We don't talk enough to you about this, I don't think. One last thing that's really important is, we're not in the position where we think that any virus, including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of unvaccinated people, the -- the various shots that people are getting now cover that. You're OK. You're not going to -- you're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations. 

Shit messaging, no doubt, and he needs to be much more careful with his words and spouting off absolutes. But, taken with the context of the rest of the town hall, it's pretty clear that he didn't actually mean that vaccinated people, under any circumstance, cannot catch Covid.

Edited by aggie08

23 minutes ago, ousux said:
40 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:
He's a gaffe machine.  Is that news?

It wasn't really an huge issue as a senator or even veep, but now it's quite serious.

Totally agree. We shouldn't have a 78 year old, loose-lipped first year President. Let's do better as a country next time, and make sure that he's not the much better alternative to our existing "gaffe machine".

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2