Wash St. Covid thread of despair and anti-vax bannination

MotownHorn

18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I remember getting all kinds of shots in boot camp. They didn't ask any questions, just ushered us through a curtain and 2 Filipina corpsman (corpswomen?) attacked from both sides with pneumatic needle guns. Got a shot in the ass, to boot. Wandered back outside with a sore ass cheek, blood dripping from both shoulders. 

The peanut butter shot.(ass shot) freaked me the fuck out.  They made us put our hands on the exam table and face each other.  The guy in front of me got the shot first and passed out.  I was like oh fuck!

• Hook 'Em 2

Awesome that the "I do my own research" crowd cannot be bothered to google "Multiple Myeloma" during their tomes of doctorate-level assessments.  A very rare, and perhaps, the deadliest blood cancer in all of God's creation.  It has been compared to an even more painful version of HIV as your bone marrow devours itself, all but eliminating your plasma-based immune system.  There are no 84 years olds with that disease, vaccinated or not, who are walking out of a hospital once they contract Covid-19.  None.  

But yes, it was obviously singular proof that vaccines don't work.  

It is literally impossible some of you are this stupid.  

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Compare the amount of research and testing that went into each one of those vaccines before they were approved for public use as opposed to this one that was rolled out within one year. Even if it was possible for all of the necessary testing to prove it’s effectiveness as well as it’s safety were done in that relatively short span of time, you’re putting yourself in a tricky spot assuming the risk for people who are hesitant or resistant to getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, maybe I need hand puppets and crayons to lay it out, but the messenger RNA technology has been in development for many years.  And it will revolutionize the speed of future vaccines, because it's very simple to adapt to different viruses.  The mRNA identify the spike protein in the vaccine, which is the same spike protein present on each virion, without the virus itself.  So your body starts developing antibodies to fight these spike proteins.  Then the real virus shows up, and the antibodies are all raring to go, as opposed to having to start developing from point zero.  So you much more easily fight off the virus.  It's not some gene-mutating, chip embedding magnet vaccine.  Please do real research if you are so skeptical.  There is no "political agenda" short of wiping out the virus.  It is not the first step towards mass population control.  To think it is is nothing short of straight stupidity.  Try to be smarter.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good people can feel bad for a guy losing his job cause he didn't want his employer making medical decisions for him.

Sure. And there are a lot of people out of work due to the pandemic. If I have to choose who I feel bad for, I’m choosing the one who decided to get vaccinated to help end the damn thing. I’ll hire that person to fill the role of the anti-vaxxer who quit because I was “making medical decisions for him,” and I’ll sleep just fine
  • Hook 'Em 2

You know…because of the whole pandemic thing, and thousands of people dying thing. All different phases of the vaccine development were stacked and done simultaneously. This means vaccine production started at the same time as phase I, II, III trials. Everything was done simultaneously for speed. This has been explained a hundred different times but idiots are impervious to information because of their fee fees. 

11 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Link? 

Because I have ones that say otherwise.

In today’s MMWR, a study of COVID-19 infections in Kentucky among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2 shows that unvaccinated individuals are more than twice as likely to be reinfected with COVID-19 than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus. These data further indicate that COVID-19 vaccines offer better protection than natural immunity alone and that vaccines, even after prior infection, help prevent reinfections.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

I’m not here to argue because nobody here will be convinced, but I could not let this assertion go unchallenged. 

I’ll start by saying no one should attempt to get Covid rather than just getting vaccinated. If you haven’t had it then it makes all the sense in the world for the vast majority of people to get vaccinated. But the latest analysis from the Uk’s office of national statistics found that natural immunity from Covid infection alone was equivalent to being vaccinated with Pfizer during the most recent delta wave. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveytechnicalarticleimpactofvaccinationontestingpositiveintheuk/latest

Now you and others will say it doesn’t matter and people should still lose their jobs over not getting vaccinated following a natural infection. That’s fine we’ll just have to disagree. The world will keep spinning. 

Edited by Satoshi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

What about that Israeli study suggesting natural immunity is stronger? Infectious diseases expert James Lawler, MD, MPH, FIDSA, carefully evaluates the study design of the retrospective Maccabi Health System study in his Aug. 31 briefing. In the briefing, he identifies two concerning sources of error that were not corrected for: survivorship bias and selection bias.

Natural immunity alone is weak

One study compared natural immunity alone to natural immunity plus vaccination. They found that, after infection, unvaccinated people are 2.34 times likelier to get COVID-19 again, compared to fully vaccinated people. So vaccinated people (after infection) have half the risk of reinfection than people relying on natural immunity alone.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

By closely examining the results, the researchers uncovered important differences between acquired immunity in people who’d been vaccinated and unvaccinated people who’d been previously infected with SARS-CoV-2. Specifically, antibodies elicited by the mRNA vaccine were more focused to the RBD compared to antibodies elicited by an infection, which more often targeted other portions of the spike protein. Importantly, the vaccine-elicited antibodies targeted a broader range of places on the RBD than those elicited by natural infection.

These findings suggest that natural immunity and vaccine-generated immunity to SARS-CoV-2 will differ in how they recognize new viral variants. What’s more, antibodies acquired with the help of a vaccine may be more likely to target new SARS-CoV-2 variants potently, even when the variants carry new mutations in the RBD.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

• Hook 'Em 1

Been trying to tell people...fuck all these half-measures.  

Avoid the bullshit vet science.  Go with this combo:  Natural immunity -or- don't get the thing in the first place.  Full vaccination (Pfizer or Moderna) + Booster.  Take a regular, safe dosage of zinc and Vitamin D, get sunshine, and drink several cocktails per week for disinfectant purposes.  

Why everybody had to pick one lane is beyond me.  

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I’m not here to argue because nobody here will be convinced, but I could not let this assertion go unchallenged. 

I’ll start by saying no one should attempt to get Covid rather than just getting vaccinated. If you haven’t had it then it makes all the sense in the world for the vast majority of people to get vaccinated. But the latest analysis from the Uk’s office of national statistics found that natural immunity from Covid infection alone was equivalent to being vaccinated with Pfizer during the most recent delta wave. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveytechnicalarticleimpactofvaccinationontestingpositiveintheuk/latest

Now you and others will say it doesn’t matter and people should still lose their jobs over not getting vaccinated following a natural infection. That’s fine we’ll just have to disagree. The world will keep spinning. 

wrong forum

Edited by aggie08

10 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Whole lot of missing info and info stretching in that article, hell even in just the title. Do better  

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm honestly surprised, politics aside, that there hasn't been a wave of misinformation about the Covid-19 vaccination causing Autism.  There are massive campaigns dedicated to saying it causes heart issues, bells palsy, death from Covid19, and even magnetism. 

But nobody's going with the low-hanging fruit...there's already 20 years of studies and advocacy groups that say vaccines like these, including mRNA types, can cause Autism and learning defects in children.  And we are just weeks away from deploying the vaccine in a completely new age bracket, 5-11...the exact ages (4-6) where anti-vaxxers say the spectrum issues can be first truly be seen in a young child. 

19 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

soooooooooooooooo has the WST line moved lately?  

I am really going to be interested to see how they respond.  They looked inspired against Stanford, but not only do they lose Rolo, but 4 other coaches.  How do you bring in most of a new staff midseason and maintain any continuity?  BYU coming up, who has owned the P12.  Cougar on Cougar.  

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:35 AM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’ve sat back and watched this vaccination argument from a worldwide perspective. My entire life I’ve wondered how a single man was able to get an entire country to support the egregious persecution of a large group of people based on their beliefs. I thought surely someone in the crowd would be able to stand up and say, “wait a minute, is this right,”and cause others to pause and reflect on the mob’s decisions. It really is an unstoppable force that only appears unacceptable during reflection.

Jesus Christ man, read a fucking book.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I was talking to a family medicine buddy of mine today. Many of his patients are moving out of Dallas to East Texas. They are older Trumpy patients by and large. They are almost all anti-VAX. He had one call recently and he sent her for a rapid Covid test that came back positive.

Back in the spring when he suggested she get vaccinated, she went off on the experimental gene therapy blah blah blah vaccine. He has heard that so much when a patient starts in he  just tells them OK let’s not talk about that.

Well she has been pretty symptomatic, and when he called her for the test results and to tell her to alternate Motrin and Tylenol, stay hydrated, etc, she asked for a Z pack and ivermectin, and when he refused started yelling at him and threatening to report him to the medical board for refusing to treat her, discriminating against her etc and hung up on him.

Her husband then called back and asked if he would write her a script for Regeneron therapy over at Baylor Scott and White. He explained that even if he wrote the order, they do their own work up before deciding if they will give you Regeneron and then the husband went off on him. He deals with this shit every day. No way I could deal with that.

The craziest thing is if Trump had won the election, or if the FDA had given approval during the campaign, he would’ve been all over TV telling everyone to get the miraculous Trump vaccine, and all these fucking idiots would be fully Vaxxed.

• Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I was talking to a family medicine buddy of mine today. Many of his patients are moving out of Dallas to East Texas. They are older Trumpy patients by and large. They are almost all anti-VAX. He had one call recently and he sent her for a rapid Covid test that came back positive.

Back in the spring when he suggested she get vaccinated, she went off on the experimental gene therapy blah blah blah vaccine. He has heard that so much when a patient starts in he  just tells them OK let’s not talk about that.

Well she has been pretty symptomatic, and when he called her for the test results and to tell her to alternate Motrin and Tylenol, stay hydrated, etc, she asked for a Z pack and ivermectin, and when he refused started yelling at him and threatening to report him to the medical board for refusing to treat her, discriminating against her etc and hung up on him.

Her husband then called back and asked if he would write her a script for Regeneron therapy over at Baylor Scott and White. He explained that even if he wrote the order, they do their own work up before deciding if they will give you Regeneron and then the husband went off on him. He deals with this shit every day. No way I could deal with that.

The craziest thing is if Trump had won the election, or if the FDA had given approval during the campaign, he would’ve been all over TV telling everyone to get the miraculous Trump vaccine, and all these fucking idiots would be fully Vaxxed.

So this would all be over if we had reelected Trump?

This is the darkest timeline.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

but he got vaccinated. thats the thing, they arent really following him. he is just another in a long line of populists that have appealed to the laziness and bitterness of those who feel left behind. its the same script over and over again. its not about trump. its not about the vaccine. its about muh feelingz and freedum!!!! fucking idiots.

i have a colleague who held the same position and said all the same stupid things that have been posted in this thread. But when our company mandated it for travel and she had a trip coming up to Santa Barbara for a legal conference, she sprinted to CVS to get vaxxed. principles, my ass.

Amazing, how she suddenly concluded her "individual research" and decided she was for the vaccine when "Santa Barbara has entered the chat."  

I'm guessing if it was Cincinnati or Minneapolis, she'd have doubled down on her anti-vaxx "individual research."  

There are no atheists in foxholes.  There are no anti-vaxxers in Santa Barbara on the company dime.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, Satoshi said:

Star Trek GIF

12 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

i have a colleague who held the same position and said all the same stupid things that have been posted in this thread. But when our company mandated it for travel and she had a trip coming up to Santa Barbara for a legal conference, she sprinted to CVS to get vaxxed. principles, my ass.

Pics of colleague?

On 10/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, Sawbonz said:

Finish the thought. 

6 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Something something this?

I don’t understand what’s controversial about this?  If medical professionals say to take it, I’ll take it.  If the medically ignorant president alone says to take it without medical professionals backing it, I won’t take it. Normally you guys are better at cutting out the context and only delivering the scary sound bite. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

I don’t understand what’s controversial about this?  If medical professionals say to take it, I’ll take it.  If the medically ignorant president alone says to take it without medical professionals backing it, I won’t take it. Normally you guys are better at cutting out the context and only delivering the scary sound bite. 

giphy.gif

She didn't say "alone." She said if Donald Trump told her to take it. Which was part of the conversation that you must not have read. Him being over the CDC and Fauci and people being scared that he was twisting their arm to agree with him. Here another one about being wary of vaccines.

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

She didn't say "alone." She said if Donald Trump told her to take it. Which was part of the conversation that you must not have read. Him being over the CDC and Fauci and people being scared that he was twisting their arm to agree with him. Here another one about being wary of vaccines.

That’s where critical thinking and context clues have to fill in the gaps for you.  She prefaced it pretty clearly. If the vaccine has the backing of medical professionals, she would take it. If Trump was the only guy backing it, she wouldn’t. There was a lingering concern that Trump would promote another unproven silver bullet to prop himself up before the election. Like HCQ, or bleach, or sunlight inside the body. Again, with context and precedent, it’s pretty easy to parse. 

edit:

the video backs up what I’m saying. Trump contradicted Redfield’s congressional testimony about vaccine availability (2ish minutes into the video) by trying to imply that it would be available before the election. Biden’s response was “I trust vaccines, I trust the scientists, I don’t trust Donald trump.”  

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/19/2021 at 4:48 PM, FartingMonk said:

The peanut butter shot.(ass shot) freaked me the fuck out.  They made us put our hands on the exam table and face each other.  The guy in front of me got the shot first and passed out.  I was like oh fuck!

GG was shitty, but the worst part of that day was trying to sleep that night.  Both shoulders were fucked, and you had a golf ball in your ass from the PB shot. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, Satoshi said:

Here's the problem. Some folks SEEK out news that is in a minority position because it supports their PREDETERMINED opinion.  Also what country's flag is on the left.  Didn't recognize it, and the name of the country in that study wasn't mentioned in my scan of the article.

• ONS statistician said the results may be because of waning vaccine immunity

In other words the very basis of the assumption that Satoshi put forward is undermined in the top line of the article.

I guess I could go into the severity of the disease in non-vacinated folks but like Ron White said, you can't fix stupid.  So if you don't die, your immunity is as good as the fading immunity of a vaccine... but the vaccine as it wanes will still protect you from death.  Unvaccinated... not so much.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Finish the thought. 

You're not seriously suggesting that a significant number of currently vaccinated people would have skipped out if Trump was the messenger? Because that's pretty dumb. Joe Biden had absolutely zero impact on why I trusted and took the vaccine, and it would have been no different had the other guy won.* Hell, he tried to take credit after the Pfizer announcement, and the general consensus was, "Whatever, dude." He didn't keep pulling on that string because there were more important things--like spreading election lies--to do.

If Trump is reelected, the most batshit crazy Trump haters would have refused to give him any credit for the vaccine rollout (rightly or wrongly) and taken it anyway.

*You can probably find a half dozen posts from me from 2020 hoping that Trump got more credit than he was getting, deservedly or not, because this was pretty easy to predict: the far left was going to take an approved, tested vaccine regardless; the far right was going to reject absolutely anything coming from the left. Trump getting more credit would have been better for our country, as fucking ridiculous as that is to say.

• Hook 'Em 1