Wash St. Covid thread of despair and anti-vax bannination

MotownHorn

50 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Okay, found it:

Shit messaging, no doubt, and he needs to be much more careful with his words and spouting off absolutes. But, taken with the context of the rest of the town hall, it's pretty clear that he didn't actually mean that vaccinated people, under any circumstance, cannot catch Covid.

Political gaffes will happen; it's just reality - sure, less of them will help on the margins I guess.

We now live in an active mis / disinformation state.   I don't think gaffes make that much difference because bad faith actors will still manipulate the message and pass it along the social media platform chain of death.    Reducing or eliminating political gaffes (and the concomitant dunking that happens post-gaffe) is like trying to mitigate a hurricane's effects by sewing beach towels together and hanging them on street lights, when you should just be tacking plywood on windows and filling sandbags.

Now, back to football.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, B00M said:

If not for these dumb fucks clogging up our hospitals every few months, I'd ignore them completely, but they increase my odds of needlessly dying. The logical leaps are outrageous.

"You can get covid even if you're vaccinated so what's the point?" (Ignores long covid, hospitalization, death data)

"In XXXX (where the vaccination rate is extremely high) most of the deaths are vaccinated!" (Ignores how low the per capita rates are and many of those were immunocompromised with no antibodies despite being fully vaxxed)

"China did gain of function bioweapon research on coronavirus and released it into the world!"

*US & Allies rapidly produce a miracle of modern science to protect people from the worst effects of covid*

"Show me the vaccine's long term health studies!" (Who cares about the unknown long term health effects of covid)

"Look at the deaths and adverse effects on VAERS!" 

(If you sum VAERS death data from Sep 2020 to now you will see that it rounds to 0.00% of the vaccinated american population. There are 95k _reported_ serious reactions which is 0.05%. Meanwhile what, ~1%+ of Americans that have had covid fucking died?)

"VAERS is under reporting!" (Ignores that many of the entries are coincidental)

Explore this sub and share it with the anti-vaxxers in your life:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Getting dealt wired aces in hold’em doesn’t always ensure a win so why even play them?

I got the vaccine. I think everyone should get the vaccine. I think it sucks that governments are forcing people who aren’t comfortable getting the vaccine to get it or they lose their job. Neg away.

No neg here. You’re absolutely right. I’m fully vaccinated. I know I’m protected as much as I can be. If someone opts to not be, that’s on them. People shouldn’t be losing jobs over this. Not everyone is comfortable with the level of risk that others want to assume for them by force.534ed953e542e4d2565e639940ba6e50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 13

What's an appropriate "just to be super duper safe" waiting period? 5 years? 10? How many more will needlessly die between then and now?
I'm sure that you're also aware that the flu vaccine is different every single year? It's not some constant, unchanging entity.

27 years of testing were done on the flu vaccine before it was rolled out for public use. Now, I know there have been amazing advancements in the medical industry since that time, but if you can’t explain those advancements and justify how testing a vaccine was whittled down from 27 years to 1 year, with no known long term risk, how in the world do you find yourself in a position assume that risk for others? Seriously, I want to know.

• Fuck You 11

It's all good. I also believe those less likely to be vaxxed are probably less careful. It's a lot of moving parts, but being vaxxed is more likely to save you than not being vaxxed. 

Even as it’s being reported that antibodies from already having it are stronger for combating it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

7 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Even as it’s being reported that antibodies from already having it are stronger for combating it?

Link? 

Because I have ones that say otherwise.

In today’s MMWR, a study of COVID-19 infections in Kentucky among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2 shows that unvaccinated individuals are more than twice as likely to be reinfected with COVID-19 than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus. These data further indicate that COVID-19 vaccines offer better protection than natural immunity alone and that vaccines, even after prior infection, help prevent reinfections.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, royiv said:

The government has already done that for many, many years. Might want to brush up on vaccine requirements for members of the military, VA employees, etc.

We've literally killed dozens of pandemics like polio, measles, mumps, smallpox, etc., things that would have killed millions upon millions of people. Schools have required vaccines for decades to avoid these things coming back. Yet this is the one they decide is a bad thing. Gee, I wonder what was different in 2019 as opposed to the 1950s and other prior decades where we've killed pandemics?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Now the sock accounts the anti-vaxx trolls have been sitting on are getting activated.

Sigh.

Colin Powell. This. They've had almost 24 hours to memorize their new talking points. Today is a big, big day!

Edited by aggie08

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not nearly as easily and breakthrough infections are much more rare than someone unvaccinated contracting the virus.  These are all facts.  It's called the preponderance of evidence.  Anyone can find 1-2 articles showing bullshit one way.  The way we practice medicine is we look at ALL the studies then form a consensus.  Sorry, science is not on your side.  There's a lot of doctors in buttfuck america supporting your view too...like I said preponderance of evidence.  Am I saying the doctors in major academic centers opinions count more and their studies are better?  Um...yes, yes that's what I'm saying.  

The facts are that breakthrough infections occur.  Fully vaccinated people do die from Covid-see Colin Powell.  Vaccines and medicines sometimes are found to be unsafe years later.  People have died from the vaccine and have had serious health consequences from it.  Yes those are not common, but they do occur.   If you want facts, look at the Israeli studies, not US media.  They say you are better protected by natural immunity than by the vaccine and the vaccines wear off over time.  One study shows Pfizer only about 40% effective after 6 months.

Now the Israeli studies say you are much less likely to get it, much less likely to get a serious infection, but if you get it, you can spread it just like an unvaccinated person.

And all the studies say if you are under 40 and in good health, you are about as likely to die from the seasonal flu as from Covid.  If you are over 80, Covid is really, really nasty.

I got the vaccine as soon as I could.  I had my 19 and 20 year olds get it as soon as they could, even though my 19 year old already had the virus.  But I can respect those who are skeptical as long as they are using safe practices when they are out and about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

13 hours ago, immamac said:

You need to shut the fuck up and move on or you are going to get banned. I'm not going to sit here and let you just spout random bullshit. It's okay to be skeptical, it's okay to defend other people that are skeptical. What you are doing crosses that line. 

This isn't random bullshit.

Now he isn't stating that the rate of death in England is much higher among the unvaccinated, but there are a lot more vaccinated than unvaccinated.

Remember when Perry wanted to mandate that cervical cancer vaccine on every teenage girl and the uproar on the left and the right prevented it from happening?

You can be pro-vaccine and anti-mandate.

Smart people can disagree with you.

Good people can feel bad for a guy losing his job cause he didn't want his employer making medical decisions for him.

• Hook 'Em 4

We've literally killed dozens of pandemics like polio, measles, mumps, smallpox, etc., things that would have killed millions upon millions of people. Schools have required vaccines for decades to avoid these things coming back. Yet this is the one they decide is a bad thing. Gee, I wonder what was different in 2019 as opposed to the 1950s and other prior decades where we've killed pandemics?

Compare the amount of research and testing that went into each one of those vaccines before they were approved for public use as opposed to this one that was rolled out within one year. Even if it was possible for all of the necessary testing to prove it’s effectiveness as well as it’s safety were done in that relatively short span of time, you’re putting yourself in a tricky spot assuming the risk for people who are hesitant or resistant to getting it.

• Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Compare the amount of research and testing that went into each one of those vaccines before they were approved for public use as opposed to this one that was rolled out within one year. Even if it was possible for all of the necessary testing to prove it’s effectiveness as well as it’s safety were done in that relatively short span of time, you’re putting yourself in a tricky spot assuming the risk for people who are hesitant or resistant to getting it.

Vaccines and the science behind it have been in development for over 300 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Remember when Perry wanted to mandate that cervical cancer vaccine on every teenage girl and the uproar on the left and the right prevented it from happening?

Good people can feel bad for a guy losing his job cause he didn't want his employer making medical decisions for him.

Along that theme, maybe there are some jobs, such as high-paid leadership roles, where an exemption is not warranted because 1) the whole purpose for exemption is for the individual, and people in leadership roles represent much more than just themselves, or 2) when you are the highest paid public employee in the organization, maybe you should not let your personal religious beliefs or personal politics impact your job - and if you so choose, there are serious consequences and your legal remedies are virtually zero.

The whole "he's just like me, how come he doesn't get an exemption?" is fallacy because he's not the guy that mops the floors or works in the boiler room.

Or is that too fucking complicated for you?

6 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

HPV isn't exactly a pandemic and I find it pretty easy to avoid catching HPV from people I'm around.  Covid not so much.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

You do realize that there have been a few advances in research over the years since the polio vaccine right?

This whole “it was rushed” argument is the stupidist of all and you’re just exhibiting your stupidity by even mentioning it. 

You do realize that there have been a few advances in research over the years since the polio vaccine right?
This whole “it was rushed” argument is the stupidist of all and you’re just exhibiting your stupidity by even mentioning it. 

It was rushed. You know it. I know it. You’re just lying to yourself because you want to be right. How cute.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 15

Yeah, didn’t George Washington require his troops to be vaccinated against small pox or something similar.  Of course didn’t he also defend the ramp agents at our airports, so couldn’t have been that long ago.  

and yes we should smother their transfer portal like Chris Beard on a bender to find some lineman.  I’m sure many will Leave and I don’t blame

them. 

Edited by Lobo

Vaccines and the science behind it have been in development for over 300 years. 

If they haven’t been researching this new virus for 300 years, then your point is moot. The fact is the people that were tasked to provide the public with facts and information have yet to acknowledge that the “science” behind this virus changed… even after 300 years of research. Weird.

• Fuck You 14

Just now, ALexusTexus7 said:

If they haven’t been researching this new virus for 300 years, then your point is moot. The fact is the people that were tasked to provide the public with facts and information have yet to acknowledge that the “science” behind this virus changed… even after 300 years of research. Weird.

Lol.  If you knew any science you’d know that vaccines change.  That’s the one constant.  Well, that and stupid people.  Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Along that theme, maybe there are some jobs, such as high-paid leadership roles, where an exemption is not warranted because 1) the whole purpose for exemption is for the individual, and people in leadership roles represent much more than just themselves, or 2) when you are the highest paid public employee in the organization, maybe you should not let your personal religious beliefs or personal politics impact your job - and if you so choose, there are serious consequences and your legal remedies are virtually zero.

The whole "he's just like me, how come he doesn't get an exemption?" is fallacy because he's not the guy that mops the floors or works in the boiler room.

Or is that too fucking complicated for you?

Get a vaccine, you'll be fine... Quit huddling next to the fireplace like a pussy, put on your jacket and enjoy the cool temps outside with the rest of us who aren't governed by fear over this..

Covid was over for me the day I got my second booster shot. I may get a breakthrough, but science tells me it'll be mild. 

There's an industry built into prolonging Covid, political parties mobilize their bases around it. Pull your head out of your ass. If you're vaccinated and otherwise healthy, science says you'll be okie dokie.

No need to fear the unvaxed. Or is that too fucking complicated for you, ya commie.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, didn’t George Washington require his troops to be vaccinated against small pox or something similar.  Of course didn’t he also defend the ramp agents at our airports, so couldn’t have been that long ago.  

and yes we should smother their transfer portal like Chris Beard on a bender to find some lineman.  I’m sure many will Leave and I don’t blame

them. 

Military is frequently required to be vaccinated and it's well within the President's rights as Commander in Chief to require troops to get a Covid vaccine.

2 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Get a vaccine, you'll be fine... Quit huddling next to the fireplace like a pussy, put on your jacket and enjoy the cool temps outside with the rest of us who aren't governed by fear over this..

Covid was over for me the day I got my second booster shot. I may get a breakthrough, but science tells me it'll be mild. 

There's an industry built into prolonging Covid, political parties mobilize their bases around it. Pull your head out of your ass. If you're vaccinated and otherwise healthy, science says you'll be okie dokie.

No need to fear the unvaxed. Or is that too fucking complicated for you, ya commie.

Oh, you are one of those people.  Yeesh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Military is frequently required to be vaccinated and it's well within the President's rights as Commander in Chief to require troops to get a Covid vaccine.

Military folks get shot up with vaccines found on the floor of the base PX. So weird for them to complain about this vaccine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  If you knew any science you’d know that vaccines change.  That’s the one constant.  Well, that and stupid people.  Cheers!

Are you a doctor, smart guy?  Oh wait, you are!  Still, I think @ALexusTexus7 has done tons of research of Facebook and Reddit, so between the two of you, I'll call it a wash.

edit: saw immamac's post after posting.  mea culpa.  I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Are you a doctor, smart guy?  Oh wait, you are!  Still, I think @ALexusTexus7 has done tons of research of Facebook and Reddit, so between the two of you, I'll call it a wash.

edit: saw immamac's post after posting.  mea culpa.  I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

What is this thread about? I'm having a hard time figuring it out from these 3 pages, although I think I get the gist. Fuck you all.

3 hours ago, bullet said:

I got the vaccine as soon as I could.  I had my 19 and 20 year olds get it as soon as they could, even though my 19 year old already had the virus.  But I can respect those who are skeptical as long as they are using safe practices when they are out and about.

Because we know how that goes...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

So it takes at least 300 years of research to come up with a vaccine? Is that the stupid ass point you’re trying oh so hard to make here? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

27 years of testing were done on the flu vaccine before it was rolled out for public use. Now, I know there have been amazing advancements in the medical industry since that time, but if you can’t explain those advancements and justify how testing a vaccine was whittled down from 27 years to 1 year, with no known long term risk, how in the world do you find yourself in a position assume that risk for others? Seriously, I want to know.

I give this obvious trolling effort a solid D minus. Really weak sauce here. A stupid question followed up with a “Seriously I want to know.”

Be better. 

27 years in 1 year?  Do you even 'Warp Speed', bro.  It's right there in the name.  

Edited by Lobo

36 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

There it is- libertarianism in a nutshell.

I'd say Libertarianism was pretty well encapsulated during BLM protests when our resident Libertarians were advocating for the state to quash the protests and sided with the police. 

• Hook 'Em 4

OK, ALT 7.  Is this your 7th sock?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Military folks get shot up with vaccines found on the floor of the base PX. So weird for them to complain about this vaccine.

I remember getting all kinds of shots in boot camp. They didn't ask any questions, just ushered us through a curtain and 2 Filipina corpsman (corpswomen?) attacked from both sides with pneumatic needle guns. Got a shot in the ass, to boot. Wandered back outside with a sore ass cheek, blood dripping from both shoulders. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I remember getting all kinds of shots in boot camp. They didn't ask any questions, just ushered us through a curtain and 2 Filipina corpsman (corpswomen?) attacked from both sides with pneumatic needle guns. Got a shot in the ass, to boot. Wandered back outside with a sore ass cheek, blood dripping from both shoulders. 

if you know, you know

image.jpeg.651b0b2927a0c93b5731260c5ade33bf.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'd say Libertarianism was pretty well encapsulated during BLM protests when our resident Libertarians were advocating for the state to quash the protests and sided with the police. 

Hell yeah, destroying government property was pretty metal. Oh you also mean private property. I'm not sad if those rioters got shot. fafo.