NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The. Game. Meant. Nothing. We’re locked in the 7, win or lose. They don’t fuck around if Denver is losing to Memphis…but they’re up like 35

Okay. Then. Don’t. Embarrass. Yourself. With. That. Display. Of. Basketball. Stupidly. And. Run. Out. The. Clock.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know everyone is focusing on the Wolves trying to lose a meaningless game, but Jaylen Brown completely fell apart in the 4th quarter to lose to the Bucks in a game that maybe not meaningless. He completely gave the game away with sloppy ball security possession after possession.

7 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I know everyone is focusing on the Wolves trying to lose a meaningless game, but Jaylen Brown completely fell apart in the 4th quarter to lose to the Bucks in a game that maybe not meaningless. He completely gave the game away with sloppy ball security possession after possession.

That's been my biggest concern with the Celtics. Who steps up when it isn't Tatum? This East playoffs is going to be fascinating. 

2 seed and probably get Brooklyn or 3 seed and get the balless bulls?

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

People are really making this close loss to be something. Game meant nothing. Zero. Zilch. We had slim hopes for avoiding the play in but Denver has been destroying Memphis well before ant began to shoot for 50.

Guys a 20 yr old with 44 points and 4 minutes left. Let him shoot.

Let’s not forget how San Antonio force fed David Robinson 41 shots to score 71 points to win the scoring title

#neverforget

26 years ago. In a game they won by 15 and I think had playoff seeding implications. And John Lucas was a fucking clown who had zero business as an NBA head coach. Thank God his tenure was brief. 

We should also never forget the time the twolves cheated the NBA free agency rules by signing Joe Smith under the table. Or the time that they traded the best player in franchise history for pennies on the dollar. Or the ten shitty point guards they drafted not named Steph Curry. Or that one playoff game they won in the past 17 years and then Jimmy Butler couldn't get the fuck out of there fast enough because the culture was so rotten. Sixteen years of lottery teams and one lone playoff game victory to show for it. But hey, your boy made a solid run at 49 and almost blew the game. It will go down alongside Ricky Davis's triple double and almost all of Russell Westbrook's career for interesting NBA statistical footnotes and a blueprint for championship culture team building. 

One thing I will defer to your expertise on, though, is what defines a meaningless nba game. You definitely would know what those look like. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

#neverforget

26 years ago. In a game they won by 15 and I think had playoff seeding implications. And John Lucas was a fucking clown who had zero business as an NBA head coach. Thank God his tenure was brief. 

We should also never forget the time the twolves cheated the NBA free agency rules by signing Joe Smith under the table. Or the time that they traded the best player in franchise history for pennies on the dollar. Or the ten shitty point guards they drafted not named Steph Curry. Or that one playoff game they won in the past 17 years and then Jimmy Butler couldn't get the fuck out of there fast enough because the culture was so rotten. Sixteen years of lottery teams and one lone playoff game victory to show for it. But hey, your boy made a solid run at 49 and almost blew the game. It will go down alongside Ricky Davis's triple double and almost all of Russell Westbrook's career for interesting NBA statistical footnotes and a blueprint for championship culture team building. 

One thing I will defer to your expertise on, though, is what defines a meaningless nba game. You definitely would know what those look like. 

patrick ewing basketball GIF

#neverforget

Spurs have one losing season since the 90s and, still have an opportunity to make the playoffs,are some of the saltiest fucks around because someone wanted to drop 50.

play some defense instead of letting him hit 15 uncontested lay ups with ease and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Him and kat dropping 60 on your asses in the same month? Not bad for a franchise with the worst winning % in all of pro sports.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Spurs have one losing season since the 90s and, still have an opportunity to make the playoffs,are some of the saltiest fucks around because someone wanted to drop 50.

play some defense instead of letting him hit 15 uncontested lay ups with ease and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Him and kat dropping 60 on your asses in the same month? Not bad for a franchise with the worst winning % in all of pro sports.

I'm not salty because he tried to pad his stats and almost cost his team the game. I think it's funny. But I am more disappointed for you that he didn't get it. You could have hung a banner for it or eaten a juicy lucy or your GM could have another extramarital affair with his secretary again or given Andrew Wiggins another max contract to celebrate the occasion. 

I wouldn't have even said anything if you didn't bring up David Robinson from almost 30 years ago. If you don't want to talk about old shit, don't bring up old shit.

I'm not salty because he tried to pad his stats and almost cost his team the game. I think it's funny. But I am more disappointed for you that he didn't get it. You could have hung a banner for it or eaten a juicy lucy or your GM could have another extramarital affair with his secretary again or given Andrew Wiggins another max contract to celebrate the occasion. 
I wouldn't have even said anything if you didn't bring up David Robinson from almost 30 years ago. If you don't want to talk about old shit, don't bring up old shit.

And those shitty GMs are all gone. I was laughing at the fans roaring when ant got the ball. My life is the same whether he gets 39, 49,50 or they lose.

Siap... 

No scoring title for LeBron

The four-time MVP has been leading the NBA in scoring at the time. The fact that he will not play again this season means that he will not appear in enough games to win the scoring title.

League rules stipulate that a player must play in at least 58 games to win the scoring title.

Yeah... like I already posted, this isn't true and I'm not sure why everyone and their mom's have been reporting it. 

He is still eligible he just gets docked for not playing 58 and has to use 58 as his divisor - so he'll finish with an eligible average of 29.2 ppg (which won't win the scoring title).

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Wasn't Magic a big factor in bringing Bron to L.A.?

He certainly took meetings with him and positioned himself as if he was. Honestly though I don’t think he had anything to do with that. LBJ was always going to LA to work on his brand in Hollywood. Magic had nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He certainly took meetings with him and positioned himself as if he was. Honestly though I don’t think he had anything to do with that. LBJ was always going to LA to work on his brand in Hollywood. Magic had nothing to do with it. 

I think Magic was still being the face of the Dodgers when Lebron signed with the Lakers, and then left the Dodgers to come work with the Lakers. He's not wrong though in his statements. Lebron is a horrible GM, that only looks to get his friends paid, usually through his agency. The list is long from the Top 75 that turned around to be horrible GM/coaches.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

Just now, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

I'm not sure, bro. But he's damn sure throwing him under the bus over this dumpster fire of a season and roster, and I doubt this is sitting very well with Lebron. I think he has played his last game in LA

Does he have an opt out, not that it matters? But the Lebron brand is taking a bath this season on and off the court.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think Magic was still being the face of the Dodgers when Lebron signed with the Lakers, and then left the Dodgers to come work with the Lakers. He's not wrong though in his statements. Lebron is a horrible GM, that only looks to get his friends paid, usually through his agency. The list is long from the Top 75 that turned around to be horrible GM/coaches/owner.

Fixed for accuracy.

Magic was the President according to the articles I found. I do remember some stink about Pelinka, stabbing Johnson in the back. And if Pelinka is a Bron guy there may be some sour grapes in Magic's truth telling. He knew what he was getting in LBJ, so he should tell Lebron to make room under the bus for him.

Former NBA star player, Magic Johnson revealed the intricate details of his big meeting with LeBron James in 2018 when he convinced him to join the Lakers. He had replaced Jim Buss as the President of basketball operations for the Lakers in 2017. Even though he retained the role for a very short time, he took one of the most important decisions of making James wear the Lakers jersey. Johnson talked in length on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ about how he signed LeBron and ‘the meeting’ at LeBron’s place.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-what-did-it-take-for-magic-johnson-to-sign-lebron-james-for-la-lakers/

Geez I thought utah was going to be a powerhouse 3 years ago with their roster construction. I mean I’m happy it isn’t panning out like I thought it would. They’re gonna have to make some changes if they bow out of the playoffs early. They lost some big leads to the clippers last year in the playoffs IIRC

Utah’s 2 best players hate each other and neither is the best player on a championship roster, imo (numbers do too).  I imagine they’ll dump Rudy as his size dictated a certain style but Utah’s a tough place to build a roster.  Has to be they trade or draft.  Free agents aren’t clamoring to go there unless it’s a big overpay like Conley.

i like Mitchell but he’s not a 1 on a championship squad currently.  Maybe in a couple of years he makes that level jump as he is improving.

Some very interesting scenarios staring us in the face in the East heading into the final day:

2 Milwaukee 51-30

3 Boston 50-31

4 Philly 50-31

Toronto is locked into the 5 seed and Chicago to the 6.  You know Philly wants to jump to the 3 seed (Thybulle would be ineligible for games in Toronto, plus the Bulls are a much worse team).  

After beating the Detroit Pistons Friday night, the Bucks are in control of their destiny. A win Sunday over the Cleveland Cavaliers -- more on them below -- or a loss by the Celtics in Memphis against the Grizzlies, would guarantee Milwaukee gets the second seed.

A loss to Cleveland, however, would open the door for the Celtics to get No. 2 with a victory over Memphis. That combination would see Boston earn the second seed based off the fifth tiebreaker: having a better record than Milwaukee against fellow East playoff teams.

Philadelphia, meanwhile, needs to win Sunday against Detroit and needs Boston to lose to finish third. The 76ers can't finish higher than third, as they lose the head-to-head tiebreaker with Milwaukee (which won the season series) and now can only tie the Bucks in wins. Philadelphia also loses the tiebreaker to Boston (which has a better division record).

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Utah’s 2 best players hate each other and neither is the best player on a championship roster, imo (numbers do too).  I imagine they’ll dump Rudy as his size dictated a certain style but Utah’s a tough place to build a roster.  Has to be they trade or draft.  Free agents aren’t clamoring to go there unless it’s a big overpay like Conley.

i like Mitchell but he’s not a 1 on a championship squad currently.  Maybe in a couple of years he makes that level jump as he is improving.

Agree with all that. If Gobert is your second best player you ain't doing shit. My guess is they hold onto Mitchell and try to deal Gobert and one of Clarkson and Conley. Not sure what the market for Gobert would be. Best fit might be the Mavs, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to give up much for him. Doesn't do much for any other contender, I don't think. Maybe Philly decides to go with a jumbo lineup, letting Embiid get more mismatches on a 4 or pull a 5 away from the basket for Gobert to catch lobs. You almost have to imagine a zone defense with those two playing together though. Not sure it works in the modern NBA.

Conley would be a great pickup for the Bulls, Cavs, Heat, Nets, and, of course, Memphis. He'd have to play a bigger role for Chicago or Miami, but in a sixth man role for the Cavs, Nets, or Memphis he's the ultimate luxury. (I'm assuming the Bulls would have to include Lonzo to get Conley.) Nets might not have enough to trade unless the Jazz want Simmons.

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Nets need to figure out how to turn Simmons into Rudy Gobert this off-season. He would be awesome as a third banana to KD and Kyrie. Nets need a big rim protector anyway. 

FG 	FGA 	FG% 	3P 	3PA 	3P% 	2P 	2PA 	2P% 	FT 	FTA 	FT% 	ORB 	DRB 	TRB 	AST 	STL 	BLK 	TOV 	PF 	PTS
6.5	9.8	.667	0.0	0.0		6.5	9.8	.667	2.0	3.4	.571	3.4	6.4	9.8	1.5	0.9	1.9	1.4	4.0	15.0

6.2	8.6	.713	0.0	0.1	.000	6.2	8.6	.719	5.0	7.3	.689	4.1	12.3	16.4	1.2	0.8	2.3	2.0	3.0	17.4

Those are per 36 minute stats. One of those is Gobert and one is a current Nets player. One makes a ridiculous $35M/yr and one <$2M/yr. There's a difference, but not an order of magnitude difference there.

Edited by Llogg

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Nets need to figure out how to turn Simmons into Rudy Gobert this off-season. He would be awesome as a third banana to KD and Kyrie. Nets need a big rim protector anyway. 

Much more likely it would be Irving for Gobert, with Simmons playing the point.

13 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Milwaukee is playing its backups' backups at Cleveland, so the Bucks will lose.  Would Boston similarly tank to avoid the 2 seed?  If they do, that would open things up for Philly to jump to the 3 seed, thus avoiding Toronto.

Will be interesting to see how Boston plays it. The Bucks play early in the day, so Boston will at least know that outcome.

If the Bucks win, Boston will try to win to ensure they stay matched with Chicago.

If the Bucks lose, Boston is in a trickier spot because Philly tips at the same time. If Boston loses to avoid Brooklyn but Philly wins, Boston falls to 4 to play Toronto, a much harder matchup than Chicago.