NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Looks like the Northern Kentucky guy passed up an open shot 

nah, it was a terrible pass to the shooter in the corner. if he hits him with a good pass it's a routine catch-and-shoot three, but by the time he hauled in the pass he was smothered by bigger defender.

Edited by shadow_operative

Just now, shadow_operative said:

nah, it was a terrible pass to the shooter in the corner. if he hits him with a good pass it's a routine catch-and-shoot three, but by the time he hailed the pass in he was smothered by bigger defender.

from the second angle that's what i saw as well. i edited my original comment.

19 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Yes, it’s being played in Vegas. Orleans Arena

https://www.orleansarena.com/event-calendar/2022-western-athletic-conference

Lulz. I read it as "quit" the color scheme in Vegas.  

You don't quit anything in that city. And if you've ever been to The Orleans you'd fully appreciate that.

I need to learn how to read.

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

South prevails to go dancing. 

South Dakota State could be a dangerous low seed team for someone. It feels like every one of their players shoots 50% from 3. I exaggerate, but not that much. I wouldn’t worry about them for Texas. I don’t worry about any first round match up, really, simply because of the defense, and because of the challenge of the Big 12. Don’t have the same feeling about the second round, but won’t be too long until we get to find out. 

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Holy fuck, me too! Although thankfully they went full screen way sooner this time than with that debacle. I regret to say that game was way more important to me, as well. I’ve always been a Longhorn fan first, but as a sports fan, I desperately needed a championship - ANY championship, of a team i was a legitimate long time fan of.

Growing up a UT/Houston sports fan in the early 70s meant a whole lot of heart breaks on that account. And here it was finally about to happen and this bullshit takes center stage. 

Putting it in perspective for that Rockets-Knicks Game 5: we as Houston sports fans were a traumatized people, still wounded from the  (Oilers-Buffalo) Comeback 2 years prior. Gordie Howe and the Aeros were the height of accomplishment and even they were defunct. Having the championship game preempted by OJ felt like yet again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Fortunately Hakeem saved us from all that.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

30 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

South Dakota State could be a dangerous low seed team for someone. It feels like every one of their players shoots 50% from 3. I exaggerate, but not that much. I wouldn’t worry about them for Texas. I don’t worry about any first round match up, really, simply because of the defense, and because of the challenge of the Big 12. Don’t have the same feeling about the second round, but won’t be too long until we get to find out. 

Whoever draws them in the first round can pack lightly.

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

wake should definitely be out.  1-4 against quad 1 and 2 losses to teams in quad 3/4.  that's as bleh of a resume as you can have.

Wake might be the first p5 team in history to have a conference player of the year and coach of the year yet miss the tournament.

That was such a dogshit loss.