NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Can’t say I’ve paid much attention to them this season but impressive tonight.  Bruins will be a tough out also. 

Yes, we will definitely be a tough out.  We can get to the final four.  Or lose in the first round.  We won 10 of our last 12, and can cause havoc in the tourney.

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

that was a really high level game and i expect both teams to make deep runs in the tournament*.  arizona is gonna be the #2 overall seed.

*of course, i thought the same thing about the big ten title game last year and my bracket was ruined due to that thinking.

You are high if you think Arizona will be a #2.  I will bet you any amount they will be a#1.

48 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

my guess for the 1 seeds is: 1 - gonzaga (west), 2 - arizona (south), 3 - kansas (midwest), 4 - baylor (east)

two seeds should be kentucky, purdue, auburn and tennessee if they beat aggy tomorrow.

Tech if Tennessee doesn’t win tomorrow imo. 

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ucla has guys that can go one-on-one and score...  DAMN

Zona is about execution, assists and damn athletic...   WOW

Just a quick look at the stats bears out what you said. 

UCLA took 69 shots, made 29. Arizona took 52 shots, made 27.

Arizona: 7/14 from 3. UCLA 5/22 from 3

Campbell/Juzang/Bernard were a combined 19/43 & 5/15 from 3.

Fouls: UCLA 21.  Arizona 19

FT: UCLA 13/17.   Arizona 23/28

Assists: UCLA 9. Arizona 20

Every basket Arizona made, that was not one of the 7 three-pointers, was from inside the paint. That leads me to also think the fouls committed by UCLA were much more costly, as evidenced by the disparity in free throws.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Ivy League Finals on the Deuce for those interested. 

Just an awful end game by Princeton not getting a shot up after Yale tries to blow the game with a stupid pass to a big for a dunk that was never going to happen because of fouls, and then said big putting up two absurdly awful ft’s. 

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The Spiders might’ve just knocked out aggy. You hate to see it. 

That’s what I was thinking but then they showed Xavier as the bubble team.

Is aggy in one of the play-in games?

Never thought about it before now but are the play-in games only for at-large teams?

Just now, BluTechsan said:

Never thought about it before now but are the play-in games only for at-large teams?

I personally think Va Tech knocked out Xavier a few days ago. I think it’ll be aggy or SMU out. 

7 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

No 4 at large for 2 spots on the 11 or 12 line, 4 AQ’s for 2 spots on the 16 line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No 4 at large for 2 spots on the 11 or 12 line, 4 AQ’s for 2 spots on the 16 line. 

Thanks. Like I said I never really paid attention to it before. But now that I know, I gotta say, that’s kinda messed up.

AQs should be in the field of 64. Don’t care if were upset winners of their conference tourneys - automatic should mean just that. I’d have no problem giving them 16 seeds but they should be in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Thanks. Like I said I never really paid attention to it before. But now that I know, I gotta say, that’s kinda messed up.

AQs should be in the field of 64. Don’t care if were upset winners of their conference tourneys - automatic should mean just that. I’d have no problem giving them 16 seeds but they should be in.

Yup I agree 

• Like 1