2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

texashorne

Just now, ztejas said:

Of course it's different. Your take on the matter is different. But it didn't take the Stros 8 innings to tie it down 4-0. 

This Fried guy didn’t pitch last game either. Nothing is impossible but unless the Astros get their hands on some trash cans & buzzers  this one is looking bleak for them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

it's interesting, because in my experience, when teams actually make it all the way to the World Series, their fans usually get all nervous and start bending over backwards to find and name all of the reasons that the opposing team will win the series. but the 2021 astros fans did just the opposite, spending tons of time and posts explaining how much better the astros are than atlanta, claiming themselves as the rightful favorites and better team in this series, no questions asked. i find that very very interesting coming from a fan base that should just be grateful to still be able to claim their last title. very interesting.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m glad they’ve brought up Snitker’s story in every single game. His wife was evidently the first person in human history to make personal sacrifices to support a loved one. Awesome to hear about.

More comments like this. 

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They’re done, completely. No more Correa, Greinke, or Verlander. Altuve is old. Bregman is overrated. They really needed to win this one as it’s the last year of their window. 

In the last 2 years, Verlander hasn’t pitched and Greinke has been average yet the Astros have 2 ALCS appearances and been to a World Series.  Losing Correa will hurt but they will have money to spend on a replacement and as well as other additions. The Astros will be in the hunt for the foreseeable future. The Yankees, on the other hand, will be lucky to finish better than 4th in their division. 

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

In the last 2 years, Verlander hasn’t pitched and Greinke has been average yet the Astros have 2 ALCS appearances and been to a World Series.  Losing Correa will hurt but they will have money to spend on a replacement and as well as other additions. The Astros will be in the hunt for the foreseeable future. The Yankees, on the other hand, will be lucky to finish better than 4th in their division. 

The Yankees have finished 4th or worse exactly one time in the past 30 years. But you’re right it’ll totally happen next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Haven't watched much of the series, but I'm an NL'er usually (favorite team is in NL) so I'm stoked that the underdog Braves have put together a helluva run in the last 3 weeks.  Congrats!

I wouldn't say Fuck the Astros, but I'll like 'em better again once they get rid of the last of the cheaters.  Anyway, league over cheating for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I haven't followed it closely enough to know what's left. The management scum is gone, yes?  Players?

Meh, there are a few left. 2-3 who are still key players.  You can google 'em, easy to find.  Anyway, never been a huge Braves fan but you gotta love the way their pitching especially stepped up the last 3 series and man talk about timely hitting, and Freddy Freeman is the best player in baseball period the last month.  Not even close.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m glad they’ve brought up Snitker’s story in every single game. His wife was evidently the first person in human history to make personal sacrifices to support a loved one. Awesome to hear about.
Snitker was on the high school team in the second-best baseball book ever written, One Shot at Forever. I can't believe they haven't mentioned that.
  • Hook 'Em 1