[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The way our dline gets pushed downfield on running plays is unreal. Ball is snapped and a second later they are 3 yards downfield on skates.

It's because they are asked to hold blocks.  Watch them play, even when they penetrate, they stop and stand in their gap.  I fucking hate this defensive scheme.  Coburn wrecked havoc last year when he had 1 on 1 matchups with the Center last year.  Now he's being asked to take on double teams and hold his block, gap.  That is not his strength.  Look at Alfred Collins, you're not going to find many DL in college that are that big, strong, and fast.  Instead of unleashing him and letting him fuckup OL, we're asking him to fucking hold blocks.... This DL will never look good in this scheme.  We saw this play out during Orlando's time here.  Look at how much better our DL was when we switched to a 4 man front.  PK wants to keep everything in front of him, play bend but don't break, and try to force turnovers.  I hate that style of play.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, burdine said:

Woohoo a stop!!!

28 J. thomspon getting run early too.

D has made a lot of personnel changes.

Coaches are trying.  Wish they were bearing more fruit early but interested in the changes.

So essentially we have shit upperclassman and the young guys can’t figure out how to line up and they are just now getting on the field

1 minute ago, TXRed said:

I’m just whining. This Defense really isn’t much better than the shit Bedford and Strong used to put out, though. 

We had a coach that would call a very very obvious delayed safety blitz multiple times a game for the whole year. I was drunk a lot that year. Forgot that shitty choaches name for good reason. 

• immamac changed the title to [Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC