Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

listen. Guys fall off all the time. guys who dont take 2 years off for whatever reason fall out. but especially guys who take 2 years off and dont keep up their physical and skill training, are in danger of losing the potential for success they could have had it they had not taken the time off.

so, some guys succeed? but, how many dont? its a whole lot more than those who do succeed. thats for sure

Ok, name them. Name the More. You're setting forth a premise based entirely on speculation and without any kind of support or facts. You have chosen not to do any kind of research to support your position at all. Please, give us a list of these players that took 2 years off and came back and sucked, or the guys that you can point to that were less successful than you think they would/should have been. There are 140+ players playing FBS football as of last year. That seems like a substantial amount that made it work. 

http://www.ldsliving.com/A-List-of-the-100-Returned-Missionaries-Playing-FBS-College-Football-This-Year/s/89636

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Shouldnt that mormon kid be coming off mission next year?  I wonder if he sticks with Tree? 

And i dont know about an athlete taking 2 years off, thinking they are still gonna be anywhere near as good as they were. 

29 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I know about athletic training, dipshit. I know you cant lay off and just expect to come back like you were. and what do you know about mormon missions? and what they are allowed to do? riding bikes and witnessing wont get your completion percentage up. and thats even if his mission is in the US. 

shitload of mormons that have done it? I cant name one. and i doubly cant name a QB who did. Roger Staubach did it with  the navy, but he was training the whole time. we dont know this kid has that option. 

I just googled NFL players who went on mission. came back with 10 players. bunch big men, a deep snapper and one QB that i never fucking heard of. 10 in league isnt a shitload, nimrod.

People who dont keep a developmental arc are doubly challenged to reach their maximum potential. and in football and especially at the QB position you cant ignore these things. 

maybe you ought to take your own advice and think before you post.

15 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

listen. Guys fall off all the time. guys who dont take 2 years off for whatever reason fall out. but especially guys who take 2 years off and dont keep up their physical and skill training, are in danger of losing the potential for success they could have had it they had not taken the time off.

so, some guys succeed? but, how many dont? its a whole lot more than those who do succeed. thats for sure

Don’t stop now.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

TFB visitors list: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/02/open-post-weekend-february-15th-17th/

*** 2021 QB Preston Stone (Parish Episcopal) – The best quarterback in the 2021 class at this time. Has offers from everywhere. Looks the part on tape.

*** 2021 WR Shadrach Banks (North Shore) will be in Austin. Banks has offers from everywhere and it’s pretty obvious why that is when you turn on the film. May be the top receiver in the state fighting with…

*** 2021 WR Latrell Neville (Willowridge) – at 6’4″ 190-pounds, the dude is built like a prototypical receiver and has bunnies for feet.

*** 2021 OT Hayden Conner (Katy Taylor) – Might be the best offensive line prospect in the 2021 class at this time

*** 2021 DE Landon Jackson (Pleasant Grove) – at 6’5″ and 230-pounds, his film and frame sell him to be a very high ceiling defensive end.

*** 2021 DL Tunmis Adeleye (Tompkins) – Adeleye is a high profile target for the Texas’ defensive line in the 2021 class. He’s got the size, speed, and frame to play on any defensive line and succeed. His name also reminds me of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

*** 2021 DL Tunmis Adeleye (Tompkins) – Adeleye is a high profile target for the Texas’ defensive line in the 2021 class. He’s got the size, speed, and frame to play on any defensive line and succeed. His name also reminds me of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

IT updated visitor list

QB Samari Collier, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX)

QB JJ McCarthy, Nazareth Academy (La Grange Park, IL): Total package. 2018 Max Preps All American...as a sophomore. He went 13-1 with 39 TDs, 3488 yards in the air, and 76% completion percentage..as a sophomore. He doesn't have a composite ranking, but boasts offers from Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Notre Dame among the many...as a sophomore. At 6-foot-2, 180, he reminds me of a shorter, more compact Tanner McKee (future Stanford QB). This kid was born to sling the pigskin and it shows.

QB Kaidon Salter, Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, TX)

QB Preston Stone, Parish Episcopal (Dallas, TX): It's difficult not to get an inflated ego when you receive 40+ offers before you turn 17 years old. But the 6-foot-2.5, 185-pound baby-faced assassin just keeps working like it's another day at the office. Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Harvard all want Stone's services. In two seasons, he's thrown for over 6,400 yards and 73 TDs, while adding 660 yards and 13 scores to his stat sheet. And he still has his junior and senior years to look forward to, not to mention this trip to the ATX. "It's an awesome place," said Stone. "(Herman) and (Beck) came through recently and have always been really supportive throughout my recruiting process." He mentioned that he "thought Texas proved a lot of people wrong in 2018," and that "Sam Ehlinger is a guy I've been looking up to for a long time, so it's really cool to see him have a great year." His older brother, Lindell, plays quarterback for Virginia, but I get the sense he's got Texas near the top of his board and vice versa.

QB Charles Wright, Austin High (Austin, TX): Looks like an older Will Baizer. No offense to the kid. Has an 'all points' arm. He can sling it. If 2021 is a two quarterback class this could get interesting.

WR Shadrach Banks, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX): Likely one of the top five football players in Texas for 2021, Banks steadily climbed the recruiting rankings with offer after offer, like LSU, A&M, Alabama, and many others. His combination of size, strength, and speed were on display in the 6A state championship. Establishing a strong relationship with Banks and pipeline with North Shore high school should be the only thing on the staff's mind when the plus+ athlete (and factory) is mentioned. He's coming in with North Shore defensive back coach Theadis Reagins. Reagins was at Lamar when Anthony Cook, D'shawn Jamison, and Al'vonte Woodard signed with Texas.

WR Cody Jackson, Foster (Richmond, TX): *formerly of Bellville, Texas, home of the Pasture of Pain. Good overall athlete with a nice offer sheet. When Texas swings through to see Reuben Fatheree they always check on Jackson.

WR Latrell Neville, Fort Bend Willowridge (Sugar Land, TX): His recruitment is much like his play-making ability; explosive. He's been visiting Texas since he was 6-foot-1, now he's 6-foot-3, 195, and holds almost 30 offers including LSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, and OU. He'd like to announce his intentions on September 15th, 2020. That's 19 months from now.

OL James Brockermeyer, All Saints’ Episcopal (Fort Worth, TX): Center prospect with an SMU offer. He's going to be good, it just requires some projection to see it.

OL Tommy Brockermeyer, All Saints’ Episcopal (Fort Worth, TX): Huge, huge upside and then a great floor because he's a bully on the field. Recruit them like their last name is not synonymous with the school. The Brockermeyer's have been to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State recently with visits to Ohio State and Michigan on the horizon.

OL Hayden Conner, Taylor (Katy, TX): Academics are as big of a part of the bargain as football. This day won't satisfy his needs fully but he'll enjoy the scholastic side of the visit. He's slimmed down and looks great.

OL Jonah Miller, Salpointe Catholic (Tucson, AZ): I get the feeling the coaching staff just likes the Phoenix airport. Talk about loaded with talent.

DE Tunmise Adeleye, Tompkins (Katy, TX): There's no shortage of d-line talent in 2020 and 2021 classes, and Adeleye is one of the best. He's right there with Broughton and Collins talent-wise, he's just a year behind. At 6-foot-3, 260, the sophomore is a physical specimen with high motor and football acumen. 17 offers including Texas, Alabama, and SECA&M. He'll be highly pursued for the next 24 months so remember the name. A staff goal for the weekend should be to develop a relationship with Adeleye's father who currently favors OU.

DE Marcus Burris, Pleasant Grove (Texarkana, TX): The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder anchored the PG defensive front all the way to state. When teammate Landon Jackson went down, Burris really stepped up. He'll collapse the pocket while pursing the quarterback from the back side. He can play inside or DE right now, with tackle probably his future thanks to a frame that might hold 300.

DE Dametrious Crownover, Grandview (Grandview, TX): Tons of upside here. Already holds Baylor and Oklahoma State. The number of big defensive ends who are good on the hardcourt right now is high. Sweat, Broughton, Collins, Sylvester, Dorbah, off the top of my head.

DE Landon Jackson, Pleasant Grove (Texarkana, TX): The former Gilmer native moved to PG in 8th grade and won a state championship his freshman year. Now the four-star defensive end wants more after suffering a season-ending knee injury last fall. At 6-foot-5, 225, Jackson has size and athleticism to rush the quarterback and play the run equally well. A&M legacy that seems to like other schools more; schools like Texas and Notre Dame.

DE Ja’tavion Sanders, Ryan (Denton, TX): One of the best looking prospects to come through Ryan HS, on a list including Jarvis Moss and Mario Edwards Jr. OU, Notre Dame, and others offered last month and a Texas invitation is likely on his visit. Flat running stud and a must-get for the class.

LB Clayton Smith, Texas High (Texarkana, TX): It's been too long since a dominant defender came out of Texas High, but Smith changes all that. The junior-to-be is already 6-foot-4, 220-pounds of outside linebacker, who also runs the 200 and mile relay. Remember in the 2018 cycle when we kept saying T-High's Tevailance Hunt was a guy more should pay attention to. Don't let the same thing happen to Smith. UT really digs this dude.

CB Lathan Adams, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX)

S JD Coffey, Kennedale (Kennedale, TX): Quick-striking safety delivering downhill thuds and tracking in the secondary. His hitting is nice, while his coverage is nicer. His single offer is telling: Utah, is a great early offer indicator. Probably a Texas-level kid.

S Brett Lynch, Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, TX)

S Lyrik Rawls, Jefferson (Jefferson, TX): The athletic, rangy safety hits and covers all in one. High upside with this multi-sport prospect that has UT’s eyes.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since there’s a 🤫 out there now, are there any 2021 kids who’s commitment the staff would accept right now?

Just off the top of my head: 3-4 of the elite OL, a QB (but if the stuff about Stone's dad is serious, maybe not), Adeleye, Landon Jackson, Shadrach Banks, Blackshire