Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

11 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Absolute monster. He’s the must get of 2021

10 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Stone looks just like Manziel on film. Probably been said before. 

Carry on. 

stone is ass, my dude.  he bailed from highland park for TAPPS because he didn’t want to sit the bench.  his dad massages the ratings services.  see his brother, lindell.  

hard pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I think Dematrius is a stud, is a better system fit, and will bring a 5* WR with him

Add me to the list for preferring Dematrius Davis over Preston Stone.  Davis has performed against much better competition. Davis looks to have a stronger arm, but it might just be that Stone has a bad tendency to not step into throws.  And Davis doesn't look like he might get broken in half.

The potential to bring with him a 5* WR is the cherry on top.

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Haven't watched any film, but is Stone worth taking over the North Shore QB that probably also lands Shadrach Banks since they live together or are related or something?  Can't remember.

Slow day at the office today so I watched film on both. I like Davis more. 

40 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Texas survived the Brad McCoy experience.

Yeah, well, Brad McCoy was less of a PITA cocksucker when Colt was on campus. After his elder son became a star was when he started being a more vocal shitbag and was actively in denial that his other son's future was filming at brazzers, not throwing on the field. 

• Like 3

IT's Junior Day visitors list (so far)

QB Samari Collier, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX)

QB JJ McCarthy, Nazareth Academy (La Grange Park, IL)

QB Kaidon Salter, Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, TX)

QB Preston Stone, Parish Episcopal (Dallas, TX)

QB Charles Wright, Austin High (Austin, TX)

WR Shadrach Banks, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX)

WR Cody Jackson, Foster (Richmond, TX)

WR Latrell Neville, Fort Bend Willowridge (Sugar Land, TX)

OL James Brockermeyer, All Saints’ Episcopal (Fort Worth, TX)

OL Tommy Brockermeyer, All Saints’ Episcopal (Fort Worth, TX)

OL Hayden Conner, Taylor (Katy, TX)

OL Jonah Miller, Salpointe Catholic (Tucson, AZ)

DE Tunmise Adeleye, Tompkins (Katy, TX)

DE Marcus Burris, Pleasant Grove (Texarkana, TX)

DE Dametrious Crownover, Grandview (Grandview, TX)

DE Landon Jackson, Pleasant Grove (Texarkana, TX)

DE Ja’tavion Sanders, Ryan (Denton, TX)

LB Clayton Smith, Texas High (Texarkana, TX)

CB Lathan Adams, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX)

S JD Coffey, Kennedale (Kennedale, TX)

S Brett Lynch, Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, TX)

20 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

What's worse, the over involved dad or the "there's always an uncle?"

I'm saying the dad is worse in the long run because the uncles tend to quiet down after signing day.

Dunno. For schools like OU they're one and the same though. Duncle?

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

IMO, Stanford Football is in a steady decline. Guys who are serious about their education may still choose them over us, but I think it will be less of a football decision moving forward. 

I agree and their current OL coach is garbage, if Bloomgren were still there they would continue to self-select.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

They've been signing highly rated QBs left and right for the past few years, but they just get mediocre play from them. They have to be one of the most boring P5  teams in the nation.

They’re a reflection of their milquetoast, risk-averse head coach. And Costello has never gotten over the hump. I don’t even think he’s an average QB.

Hopefully, they suck shit through a straw by the time Walker Little’s four years are up. 

7 hours ago, George Clooney said:

They've been signing highly rated QBs left and right for the past few years, but they just get mediocre play from them. They have to be one of the most boring P5  teams in the nation.

Shouldnt that mormon kid be coming off mission next year?  I wonder if he sticks with Tree? 

And i dont know about an athlete taking 2 years off, thinking they are still gonna be anywhere near as good as they were. 

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

Shouldnt that mormon kid be coming off mission next year?  I wonder if he sticks with Tree? 

And i dont know about an athlete taking 2 years off, thinking they are still gonna be anywhere near as good as they were. 

you “don’t know” about it?  how about the shitload of mormons who have done it and come back after two years and played college football at a high level.  do you even think before you come out with that shit?

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:
31 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

What? Yeah, no 18-year old gets bigger, stronger and faster over the next two years of his life.

What a fallacious response.

Obviously kids get bigger, stronger and faster between 18 and 20.  But do they relative to their peers who have spent time in college weight training/nutrition programs?  Obviously not.

29 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

What a fallacious response.

Obviously kids get bigger, stronger and faster between 18 and 20.  But do they relative to their peers who have spent time in college weight training/nutrition programs?  Obviously not.

Clearly you did not understand his statement or my response to it.  Try reading it again, slowly, and see if you get it this time. 

There have been  many examples of guys who took two years off and came back as good as they were. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

you “don’t know” about it?  how about the shitload of mormons who have done it and come back after two years and played college football at a high level.  do you even think before you come out with that shit?

I know about athletic training, dipshit. I know you cant lay off and just expect to come back like you were. and what do you know about mormon missions? and what they are allowed to do? riding bikes and witnessing wont get your completion percentage up. and thats even if his mission is in the US. 

shitload of mormons that have done it? I cant name one. and i doubly cant name a QB who did. Roger Staubach did it with  the navy, but he was training the whole time. we dont know this kid has that option. 

I just googled NFL players who went on mission. came back with 10 players. bunch big men, a deep snapper and one QB that i never fucking heard of. 10 in league isnt a shitload, nimrod.

People who dont keep a developmental arc are doubly challenged to reach their maximum potential. and in football and especially at the QB position you cant ignore these things. 

maybe you ought to take your own advice and think before you post.

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I know about athletic training, dipshit. I know you cant lay off and just expect to come back like you were. and what do you know about mormon missions? and what they are allowed to do? riding bikes and witnessing wont get your completion percentage up. and thats even if his mission is in the US. 

shitload of mormons that have done it? I cant name one. and i doubly cant name a QB who did. Roger Staubach did it with  the navy, but he was training the whole time. we dont know this kid has that option. 

I just googled NFL players who went on mission. came back with 10 players. bunch big men, a deep snapper and one QB that i never fucking heard of. 10 in league isnt a shitload, nimrod.

People who dont keep a developmental arc are doubly challenged to reach their maximum potential. and in football and especially at the QB position you cant ignore these things. 

Bw5gixtCUAAtoag2.jpg

There are plenty of successful players that go on missions before playing. The large majority of BYU's players do so. 

However, in this article, they say it's a disadvantage http://www.ldsliving.com/BYU-Football-Player-LDS-Missionaries-Featured-in-Sports-Illustrated-Article/s/82767

Personally, I'd bet that it's a disadvantage in the short term. As they say, it takes like a year once these guys get back for them to get back in shape. It really hurts their ability to find young guys that contribute early. But after several years, those guys are going to be 24ish lining up against guys much younger than them.

E: Here's a full list of all the D1 football players that returned from missions in 2017. There's a bunch of them. https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865689065/How-one-Boise-State-players-prayer-was-answered-and-more-returned-Mormon-missionaries-in-2017.html

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

6 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

You are on a recruiting board where people are discussing the sport of college football. Not one person here gives one fuck about the mission impact on the NFL. If you can't understand that a healthy dose of mormon athletes, at BYU, Utah, and elsewhere, take mission leave and then come back and compete very well at the collegiate level, then you're posting too much and reading and thinking too little. There's no other way to frame it than to state that your position is ill-informed and off base, so educate yourself better. It's not our job.

And now this dipshitted conversation is taking a Joseph Smith-sized dump all over an otherwise promising thread. 

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

There are plenty of successful players that go on missions before playing. The large majority of BYU's players do so. 

However, in this article, they say it's a disadvantage http://www.ldsliving.com/BYU-Football-Player-LDS-Missionaries-Featured-in-Sports-Illustrated-Article/s/82767

Personally, I'd bet that it's a disadvantage in the short term. As they say, it takes like a year once these guys get back for them to get back in shape. It really hurts their ability to find young guys that contribute early. But after several years, those guys are going to be 24ish lining up against guys much younger than them.

listen. Guys fall off all the time. guys who dont take 2 years off for whatever reason fall out. but especially guys who take 2 years off and dont keep up their physical and skill training, are in danger of losing the potential for success they could have had it they had not taken the time off.

so, some guys succeed? but, how many dont? its a whole lot more than those who do succeed. thats for sure