Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

21 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

He’s a 16 year old about to start his Junior year in HS.  Every big name school and big name coach is kissing his ass begging him to come to their school.  I have known him since he was 5.  He’s a great kid and his parents are completely grounded.  His dad is most interested in education. Tunmise is having fun with the process.  Can you blame him?  What would you have done at 16?  

He won’t commit until his senior year.  All we have to do is win and he will be here with Jalen.  He was vocal in getting schools to look at Jalen and now he’s committed to us.  Let the process play out and let the kid enjoy the process.  How you can root against a 16 year old because he’s acting like a 16 year old is beyond me.  If he commits somewhere else, so be it.  He’s a great kid and very humble and I said 2 years ago he would end up here....we shall see.

Excuse me, sir. 

Im gonna need you to stop disagreeing with CTJ. He’s our resident expert on everything. Just ask him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Plus he chose us in large part for our aeronautical engineering program. They lost a kid on engineering academics 😂.

As a Texas engineering grad in Cypress, I've enjoyed pointing out engineering school rankings to A&M grads about a dozen times so far. Most of them literally struggle to process the information because it's against everything they've been sold in their lives. I mean not upset or angry, just actually confused.

All I say is "we're a better engineering school, it's just that we don't brag about ourselves all the time."

That's when they start getting angry.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Suchomel 

Spoiler

Texas picked up a huge 2021 commitment on Sunday evening when top national quarterback Jalen Milroe gave the Longhorns a pledge. That commitment is already paying off, as it has helped Texas land yet another standout commitment in that same class, with offensive lineman Hayden Connergiving the Longhorns a bit of an unexpected commitment on Tuesday morning to continue Texas’ impressive recruiting run.

According to Conner, Texas was always high on his list, but seeing Milroe make his decision was the icing on the cake in his decision.

“I was supposed to go up to Michigan this weekend. After Jalen committed on Sunday, it kind of hit me,” Conner said. “Like I think I know where I’m supposed to be. I’ve played with him since fifth grade, have own multiple state 7 on 7 championships, two national championships. I just think that’s where I belong.”

Conner has always had Texas high on his list but had never intended to commit so early. Earlier this summer, he said he’d make a decision when it just felt right, but he didn’t know how he’d separate one school from the pack. He said the decision to make his commitment literally hit him on Sunday when he learned that Milroe had committed to Texas.

“It hit me when (Milroe) committed, hit me when I found out,” Conner said. “It was like, Okay, that pretty much lit the fire. It was between Michigan and Texas. Once he did that it lit the fire and it just exploded.”

Conner has changed his plans and will now visit Texas on Friday instead of Michigan. Now that he’s committed, he said he’ll go to work on other top prospects in the 2021 class, including a stellar class of Houston-area offensive linemen.

“That’s the plan. Anybody that wants to come,” Conner said when asked who he’ll be recruiting on UT’s behalf.

A four-star prospect, Conner becomes the Longhorns’ fourth commitment of the 2021 class. He chose Texas over Michigan, Texas A&M and Stanford.

I was a Preston Stone guy. The more I learned about Milroe beyond his HUDL the happier I was with him as the take. But now I'm sold and never going back. 

Also watch Milroe's face at the end of the video. Even if we weren't his first choice, kid's excited. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Suchomel 

Hide contents

Texas picked up a huge 2021 commitment on Sunday evening when top national quarterback Jalen Milroe gave the Longhorns a pledge. That commitment is already paying off, as it has helped Texas land yet another standout commitment in that same class, with offensive lineman Hayden Connergiving the Longhorns a bit of an unexpected commitment on Tuesday morning to continue Texas’ impressive recruiting run.

According to Conner, Texas was always high on his list, but seeing Milroe make his decision was the icing on the cake in his decision.

“I was supposed to go up to Michigan this weekend. After Jalen committed on Sunday, it kind of hit me,” Conner said. “Like I think I know where I’m supposed to be. I’ve played with him since fifth grade, have own multiple state 7 on 7 championships, two national championships. I just think that’s where I belong.”

Conner has always had Texas high on his list but had never intended to commit so early. Earlier this summer, he said he’d make a decision when it just felt right, but he didn’t know how he’d separate one school from the pack. He said the decision to make his commitment literally hit him on Sunday when he learned that Milroe had committed to Texas.

“It hit me when (Milroe) committed, hit me when I found out,” Conner said. “It was like, Okay, that pretty much lit the fire. It was between Michigan and Texas. Once he did that it lit the fire and it just exploded.”

Conner has changed his plans and will now visit Texas on Friday instead of Michigan. Now that he’s committed, he said he’ll go to work on other top prospects in the 2021 class, including a stellar class of Houston-area offensive linemen.

“That’s the plan. Anybody that wants to come,” Conner said when asked who he’ll be recruiting on UT’s behalf.

A four-star prospect, Conner becomes the Longhorns’ fourth commitment of the 2021 class. He chose Texas over Michigan, Texas A&M and Stanford.

LOL - aggy wasn't even in his top 2.

4 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Is this the "more good news" that was predicted for this week?

No. But TFB was all over this one months ago. They made it very clear that Conner was not the ATM lean that everyone assumed and that he likely wouldn't wait before senior year to commit.

@JerryHubbard had good intel here too.

• Like 1

Excuse me, sir. 
Im gonna need you to stop disagreeing with CTJ. He’s our resident expert on everything. Just ask him. 

And when he was 16 he was mature, humble, and helpful. It was only when he joined surly that he became immature, arrogant and unhelpful.

1 minute ago, TheFlagship said:

So we’re gonna fuck around and land the #1 class in 2021 aren’t we?

As we land these big commitments, let's not lose track of what's important: our ranking. 

We're up to #4 right now. Juan Davis will put us .12 behind OSU so if the BOMC can work fast by this weekend we could be top 3. 

I knew the 2021 class had the potential to be the #1 class in the country but I figured these guys would start to drop after we beat LSU.  Now it looks like if we beat LSU, it's not a matter of who will commit, but whose commitments we will take.

Also... If Foster commits and we know we are likely to land the Brocks and Byrd.... I wonder if Lindberg from 2020 loses his spot and they allocate that to 2021 where the talent is insane.  He's going to fuck around and get lost in the numbers if he keeps waiting.

• Like 1

Fucking Tuesdays, man.

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I wonder if Lindberg from 2020 loses his spot and they allocate that to 2021

That would be ballsy as hell by the coaching staff. I have come around to the "Lindberg is maxed out" line of thinking, even if it's just to soften a commitment elsewhere. It would be a high risk/high reward move.

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I knew the 2021 class had the potential to be the #1 class in the country but I figured these guys would start to drop after we beat LSU.  Now it looks like if we beat LSU, it's not a matter of who will commit, but whose commitments we will take.

Also... If Foster commits and we know we are likely to land the Brocks and Byrd.... I wonder if Lindberg from 2020 loses his spot and they allocate that to 2021 where the talent is insane.  He's going to fuck around and get lost in the numbers if he keeps waiting.

We'll take 4 OL in 2020. Gotta keep the pipeline strong and Lindberg and Karic are good prospects.

• Like 1