Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Do we need another QB if Sam comes back for year 5?

It’ll be interesting to see what Sam does with this, I imagine a lot will depend on the season. If we do what we’re supposed to and win the conference I imagine he moves on. I think the bigger impact it could have is bring Okafor and possibly Kerstetter back which would be fucking huge for 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bEastTexas said:

It’ll be interesting to see what Sam does with this, I imagine a lot will depend on the season. If we do what we’re supposed to and win the conference I imagine he moves on. I think the bigger impact it could have is bring Okafor and possibly Kerstetter back which would be fucking huge for 2021. 

Also means these people opting out of the season could continue to be part of the team and not worry about losing a year... Right?

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Kerstetter should absolutely return for a 5th year. 2 years with center tape will make a huge difference.

5 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Shemar Turner 247 story

Reveal hidden contents

DUNCANVILLE, Texas — One of the biggest targets left on the Texas board for the 2021 recruiting class, DeSoto four-star defensive lineman Shemar Turner, was out at Duncanville Fieldhouse this past weekend to watch some club high school basketball as he is delving deeper into his top five schools.

That top five includes Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M. Texas and Texas A&M have been considered co-leaders in this recruitment for the latter half of the summer as the two in-state rivals push for one of D-FW's best defensive line talents in the 2021 class.

Working in Texas' favor is the possibility of early playing time and the relationships he has built with the coaching staff, especially with defensive line coach Oscar Giles.

"Our relationship is pretty good," Turner said. "They've been talking about me coming in as a freshman and starting and having a chance to start if I come and work out."

Following Quinn Ewers' commitment on Friday, Turner was able to take a closer look into what the future will look like in Austin as they brought in one of 2022's most coveted prizes.

"I didn't think he would be committing this early," he said. "I don't really be paying attention to Twitter like that, but when I saw it, I was like dang."

Texas A&M remains a steady contender as well as his relationship with defensive line coach Terry Price has been solid throughout his recruitment.

"We've been good," he said. "He's just been talking to me about the name, image and likeness stuff since it's a big thing that they really try to get across to athletes and stuff."

Alabama has had a big summer as they have quickly jumped up to the No. 2 recruiting class in the country, something Turner has kept an eye on and noticed.

"They got a solid recruiting class," Turner said. "They treat their players like NFL players, they have great facilities, great coaches, national championships. They have everything."

As far as a timeline for his decision, he is still holding out in hopes of being able to take a few more visits. The current NCAA dead period is in effect until September 30 and is expected to be extended through the end of the calendar year.

"I'm hoping that official visits get opened up again because I haven't been to two schools in my top five [Georgia and LSU]," he said. "I'm just looking for something that feels like home and makes me feel comfortable in that area."

At 6-foot-3.5, 285 pounds, Turner is the No. 117 recruit in the country for the class of 2021, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 10 strong-side defensive end in the country and the No. 19 recruit in the state of Texas.

Turner has to be trolling always mentioning aggy and the NIL right?  No way they than sell a better product on that than Texas.

Carl texted me, apparently the glizzy sucker who went through the Phoenix Suns like it was the Coney Island Glizzy eating contest is working for Brian Carrington and word is you come to Austin to get your glizzy gobbled. This has shifted many recruitments in our favor and Randy McMasters is close to committing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tasty - Connor Williams had similar quotes about getting bullied a lot as a kid and taking it out on the field.

“How I play is how my dad taught me to play. I’m not one of these soft linemen. I don't believe in that crap. I'm going to try and drive you until the whistle blows and sometimes maybe even a little past the whistle. That’s kind of how it is. You can’t teach someone that. So that's kind of when I taught myself.”

“Honestly, I feel like people have always looked down upon me, or underrated me or don't think I'm very good,” Myslinski said. “I got bullied a lot when I was younger and I just really focused on football. That was my way out, I felt like. At basketball practice too, if you’re going to do something, do it 110 percent every time or don't do it at all. I try hard at everything I do.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, texifornia said:

Oh God there's a Houston one now. I assume it will be like the fromdallas version except smarter, better looking, and bearing kickass Vietnamese food.

lol except Texas thots imo are on par w the rest of the south, and I know a couple students who work with graphics and recruitment

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

lol except Texas thots imo are on par w the rest of the south, and I know a couple students who work with graphics and recruitment

Will we be excited; or is this someone who has been a long-term expectation?

I'm guessing it's the same recruit Carl was referring to. Hopefully, a certified woo.

Edited by MuellerHorn
We love Carl
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

fake insider calling carl a fake insider 

u fooking glizzy succing opps still havent learned ur fuccboi lessons

why do i have so many choos hating carl 

I was let down to find out that "choos" was just another word for "yous guys." I was expecting something with a little more fire. Nonetheless, Carl is still expanding my vocabulary and providing the recruiting news my glizzy needs to stay youthful.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1