Gummies to Mexico ?

Onboard 2.0

I took $100 worth of THC gummies across at the Tijuana land border last Nov. I bought a big bag of generic mixed gummie candies that had a reseable top in San Diego. Spent 30 minutes mixing  all the THC gummies in it. Then hid it in my van. 

The customs officer in Tijuana spent about 5 seconds looking in my van and told me to drive on. Do the same, you'll probably be fine.

I have no knowledge on the matter going to Mexico with them legalizing recently. Plenty in the surf and dive community bring with, especially gummies/vape to Mexico. I have friends that bring and don't personally carry to Mexico. Ill fly domestically no worries.

Do not fly or drive back with anything to Texas via Mexico, I know one dude that got popped for two gummies at the border, and one at a regional airport in the valley for a few gummies. Granted they looked rather brown. I'm fully aware i can just walk the fuck through due to being a white dude with some gray hair.

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I have no knowledge on the matter going to Mexico with them legalizing recently. Plenty in the surf and dive community bring with, especially gummies/vape to Mexico. I have friends that bring and don't personally carry to Mexico. Ill fly domestically no worries.

Do not fly or drive back with anything to Texas via Mexico, I know one dude that got popped for two gummies at the border, and one at a regional airport in the valley for a few gummies. Granted they looked rather brown. I'm fully aware i can just walk the fuck through due to being a white dude with some gray hair.

Ok, stop.

• weed is still not legal in Mexico. Different legal system. The court ruling about weed legality did not suddenly make it legal all over Mexico.
  • THC gummies are illegal here
  • bringing a vape into Mexico is illegal

I wouldn’t risk Mexican jail.  I’m certain your friendly bartender can point you in the right direction.  I have relatives who live in Colorado who take it everywhere they go, but I’m not doing it internationally.  I don’t do it domestically either, but clearing customs as an added layer of risk.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

playa 👋

Does Delta 8 even get you high? Last time I was in Texas I saw pot shops everywhere and was super confused. Looked it up and nothing is clear about whether this stuff gets you high or not. I never did much pot growing up but now that it's legal here in OK, I have a card and use it to help me sleep, or to avoid hangovers (I'll either do pot instead of alcohol or am satisified with just a drink or two).

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I would not worry about it. Maybe just mix them with some regular gummies if it will give you peace of mind. They aren’t doing the red light/green light thing anymore, at least not in Cancun. 

Getting rid of the light system just gave the customs agents more freedom to harass you. Try flying into Cancun Terminal 4 by yourself with 2 large suitcases; 80% chance of getting pulled aside for a customs inspection.

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Does Delta 8 even get you high? Last time I was in Texas I saw pot shops everywhere and was super confused. Looked it up and nothing is clear about whether this stuff gets you high or not. I never did much pot growing up but now that it's legal here in OK, I have a card and use it to help me sleep, or to avoid hangovers (I'll either do pot instead of alcohol or am satisified with just a drink or two).

I have Texas friends who said you need to double the dosage of anything D8 to feel high

1 minute ago, rage-a-holic said:

Getting rid of the light system just gave the customs agents more freedom to harass you. Try flying into Cancun Terminal 4 by yourself with 2 large suitcases; 80% chance of getting pulled aside for a customs inspection.

You’re hanging on the beach for a week. You need like 4 articles of clothing.

Sounds like you were muling drugs.

11 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Yeah, I can travel to Mexico for 10 days or more with just a carry on.

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You’re hanging on the beach for a week. You need like 4 articles of clothing.

Sounds like you were muling drugs.

Neither of you have ever traveled with dive gear.

I have Texas friends who said you need to double the dosage of anything D8 to feel high

I actually got some delta yesterday, gal at the shop confirmed your take… at least the ones I got it’s essentially half potency of “Colorado edibles”.

Took 15mg and it got me decent last night. However I did see the courts overturned the ruling yesterday afternoon so I’m not sure how strict the shops are on it time wise.

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Bailed on it. I’d be the guy they just randomly select to do the random instructional search with the new customs officer. Plenty of booze here, and I scored some decent weed from another hotel guest.

That’s how every Locked Up Abroad episode starts. You’re already in too deep. Good luck, man. Just take some xanax before your return to relax your prison wallet and chill out through US customs.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That’s how every Locked Up Abroad episode starts. You’re already in too deep. Good luck, man. Just take some xanax before your return to relax your prison wallet and chill out through US customs.

Yeah,  he only asked if I’d hold a package for him till he got back from some errands.  Seems like the neighborly thing to do.

• Haha 1