Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Criminals, by definition, are lawless.

Yet, most of their firearms are obtained legally. Odd. In your mind, how do you gather the 18 year old Uvalde shooter would have purchased his guns if it wasn't legal for him to do so? Lots of high schoolers with arms dealers on speed dial in your neck of the woods?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

All of you "mass neggers" on this topic (no racist) -- are definitely not advancing civil debate.  I enjoy civil discussion.  This is a complicated issue.

There are a lot of very smart people on this forum.  It would be great if we could engage a bit.

3 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Or the knives, the cars, the hammers, the rocks.  Stupid people, and criminals, do stupid shit.  Murder is and has been illegal for a very long time.

Your response ignored your unsupported allegations that this is a Republican issue.

OK, I'm sure the China scholar/murderer used some kind of "assault pistol" that would have been banned if the non-R's had been in charge.  

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Obviously not.  Murder has been adjudged as illegal for a long time.  Yet it still happens, notwithstanding the legal (and moral) constraints against it.

The non-murderers have a constitutional right to defend themselves from criminals (who assuredly will be armed regardless of what sort of law is invoked).

Why would anyone engage with you? You’re are trolling at worst or disingenuous at best. You have shown you would rather have people needlessly die than have an actual discussion. Maybe try suggesting something to stop the problem. We are the only first world country that has this issue. Coincidence? Nah. 

/we’ve tried nothing and we are all out of ideas!

• Hook 'Em 4

Thanks.  I believe that the stats you guys all cite are heavily influenced by gangbanger-type stuff.  Look at big city shooting violence.  They are criminals and DGAF about laws.

Take out gun homicides committed in connection with another crime (drug deals etc.).
We still have a homicide rate that eclipses other first-world countries.
The guns are the difference. It’s not hard to figure out.
“The U.S. gun death rate was 10.6 per 100,000 people in 2016, the most recent year in the study, which used a somewhat different methodology from the CDC. That was far higher than in countries such as Canada (2.1 per 100,000) and Australia (1.0), as well as European nations such as France (2.7), Germany (0.9) and Spain (0.6).”
Every one of those countries has crime, gangs, etc. What they DON’T have is freely available firearms to every person with a pulse.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Obviously not.  Murder has been adjudged as illegal for a long time.  Yet it still happens, notwithstanding the legal (and moral) constraints against it.

The non-murderers have a constitutional right to defend themselves from criminals (who assuredly will be armed regardless of what sort of law is invoked).

I'm pragmatic, not ideological. 

I don't see how anybody is going to be safer if my guns or your guns are somehow "controlled."

You are breathtakingly obtuse.  TexAgs is more your speed.  Do us all a favor and post there.

• Hook 'Em 2

Can you refute?  There is lawlessness and gun violence going on in big cities that is being laid off on lawful gun owners like me.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Take out gun homicides committed in connection with another crime (drug deals etc.).
We still have a homicide rate that eclipses other first-world countries.
The guns are the difference. It’s not hard to figure out.

This

I’m also a gun owner. It’s why I’m begging for changes, ANYTHING, to slow down the needless deaths. But if I have to choose some toys, or another person dying, it’s an easy fucking decision. Quit jerking off in front of your gun cabinet and start actually having a discussion about COMMON FUCKING SNESE SOLUTIONS to stem the tide.

Or keep trolling. I think we all know what your answer is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Gangs are everywhere on Earth. Violent crime happens everywhere. Criminals are everywhere. Mental illness exists in every corner on this planet. We are not a special case for ANY of those.

We are absolutely a special case when it comes to firearm access, especially amongst our peers. We are also a special case, as @Brisketexan pointed out, in murder rate.

So why do we continue down this path knowing there is a solution out there that has a far greater chance of success than the shit we're doing now?

Edited by dieucla98
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I'm pragmatic, not ideological. 

I don't see how anybody is going to be safer if my guns or your guns are somehow "controlled."

. . . and yet every other civilized country refutes that position.  Huh.

• Hook 'Em 2

Gangs are everywhere on Earth. Violent crime happens everywhere. Criminals are everywhere. Mental illness exists in every corner on this planet. We are not a special case for ANY of those.
We are absolutely a special case when it comes to firearm access, especially amongst our peers.

This. Our murder rate is wildly higher. All other factors exist to some degree (some are greater, some are lesser) in those other developed countries. There’s one big factor that’s different.
Yes, it’s the guns.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Why do I need a gun? 

I am an American with civil liberties.  I and my family live in a rural area, many miles away from any law enforcement.  I am a licensed hunter. 

Guns are important to me.

I wonder how those Brit and Kiwi farmers manage. 

• Like 1

I am an American with civil liberties

Me too.  This is not a reason to need a gun.

3 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I and my family live in a rural area, many miles away from any law enforcement.

Cool.  You are also many, many miles away from any criminals.  They don't generally want to break into your house and murder you.  And if this is a legit concern, how many fucking enemies do you have? 

4 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I am a licensed hunter. 

This is the only one that has any legitimate argument.  Next time you see any politician or person with actual influence arguing for the banning of deer rifles, let me know and I'll be on your side on that one.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Why do I need a gun? 

I am an American with civil liberties.  I and my family live in a rural area, many miles away from any law enforcement.  I am a licensed hunter. 

This doesn’t answer why you need a gun. It just says they are important to you because… reasons. Apparently more important reasons than dead kids. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cool.  It's pretty clear where all of y'all stand.  Who amongst all of you  is ready to turn in their guns?

I have actually destroyed one of mine. Bought in my youth, and served no purpose in my cabinet. Plasma cutter turned it into 20 pieces and then sold for scrap. Only way I could be 100% certain it couldn’t be used for nefarious purposes. I hope my hunting rifles don’t meet the same fate, but if that is the only way, so be it. People like you are not helping your own cause.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

This doesn’t answer why you need a gun. It just says they are important to you because… reasons. Apparently more important reasons than dead kids. 

No dead kids have resulted from my exercise of my constitutional rights.  Perhaps some dove, deer, turkeys, quails, and pigs.

• Fuck You 6

No dead kids have resulted from my exercise of my constitutional rights.  Perhaps some dove, deer, turkeys, quails, and pigs.

Many dead kids have resulted from the constitutional rights of Americans. If we limited the 2nd amendment kids in Uvalde would still be alive. So why do you need a gun again?

Thus far your reasoning is “white guys in wigs 250 years ago said I could”

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

Only in your mind and the minds of the people that make guns their entire identity. Your inability to compromise is responsible for thousands of gun deaths a year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Many dead kids have resulted from the constitutional rights of Americans. If we limited the 2nd amendment kids in Uvalde would still be alive. So why do you need a gun again?
Thus far your reasoning is “white guys in wigs 250 years ago said I could”

No kidding. How many kids have been murdered by drag queens exercising their constitutional rights? Has to be millions.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I do have an new idea.  Let's look at how many shooters have had prior contact with law enforcement or mental health. (Most, I'm guessing.)

Let's work on stopping dumb stuff before it happens.  The guns are just a tool of the crazy guys.  

So then you agree we should limit the 2nd amendment? 

• Hook 'Em 1

I do have an new idea.  Let's look at how many shooters have had prior contact with law enforcement or mental health. (Most, I'm guessing.)

Let's work on stopping dumb stuff before it happens.  The guns are just a tool of the crazy guys.  

Agreed. So you are willing to stand up a multi billion dollar non-existent mental health infrastructure to do this? I’m sure your voting record reflects that.

Keep rolling out the greatest hits troll. It’s going great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Look, y'all, it's really this simple for flatty, daltx, and all of their ilk: these deaths are just the cost of them retaining their right to own whatever gun they want, in whatever quantity they want, to be used as they want, up to and including shooting government officials.  This cost is entirely acceptable to them, and you have no argument which will move them from this position.  They'll only change when they get sick of the carnage.  I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Why do I need a gun? 

Up until about a year ago, I was cool with you owning most guns that are currently legal.

I no longer am.  I want to make all guns illegal.  Fuck you, you found out.  Now you made me the enemy, you dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Scheiss Meister said:

Look, y'all, it's really this simple for flatty, daltx, and all of their ilk: these deaths are just the cost of them retaining their right to own whatever gun they want, in whatever quantity they want, to be used as they want, up to and including shooting government officials.  This cost is entirely acceptable to them, and you have no argument which will move them from this position.  They'll only change when they get sick of the carnage.  I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Facts. And what they don’t understand, is that by their acts now, they are ensuring that their grandkids will not get to enjoy the thing they have made their identity. Laugh all you want, but the problem is only getting worse, and the young folks are getting fed up with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

Our society relies upon a social contract.  Some fuckers violate that.  Gubmin't cant to do a damn thing to make people better.

So is it a mental health problem or not? Seems that is exactly something the GOVT can help with if properly funded.

Social contract also means that when things are fundamentally broken, that society agrees to change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

So is it a mental health problem or not? Seems that is exactly something the GOVT can help with if properly funded.

Social contract also means that when things are fundamentally broken, that society agrees to change. 

Correct me if wrong, but I don't think that criminality is considered a mental health problem in our legal system.

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

17 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

For people that lack capacity, sure.

3 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Correct me if wrong, but I don't think that criminality is considered a mental health problem in our legal system.

Make up your mind man.

You made the mental health argument. You can’t even keep your BS arguments straight. 

Or don’t your trolling is even weaker with each post.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:21 PM, fattyflattie said:

Why is it so important to know every detail of the others then?  We typically broadcast on the NEWS the last time they were on 8chan or whatever the fuck, their handle, twitter, facebook, where and when they bought the gun, and even how many times they've practiced with it (Uvalde).   Now, it's no longer important for the news channels to blast all that out?  Cool, cool. 

Yup, you’re totally not making shit up and in fact are on to something. There is indeed a great conspiracy being orchestrated by (((them))) who control all the media and police departments in the country.  (((They))) probably own all the banks too, right?

• Hook 'Em 1