Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

I do have an new idea.  Let's look at how many shooters have had prior contact with law enforcement or mental health. (Most, I'm guessing.)
Let's work on stopping dumb stuff before it happens.  The guns are just a tool of the crazy guys.  

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. Your pet party literally vocally opposes THOSE EXACT THINGS. Those aren’t “new ideas.” They’re regularly proposed measures killed by the Republicans everywhere they are raised.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, UnivTex34 said:

It was your argument! Put the booze down my man.

@immamac at what point is the obvious trolling here frowned upon? JFC.

He’s not trolling, he’s just genuinely extremely stupid.

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

Thank you for the reminder that new hunting licensees have to take hunting safety classes.  It has been a while for me.

See what I mean? He thinks this is a good point.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

He’s not trolling, he’s just genuinely extremely stupid.

I'm watching Dazed and Confused right now and I feel like he probably was about those kids ages (probably a bit older IIRC) in the 70s.  Hard to think he used to maybe be a fun loving, drug taking, beer drinking teenager like them and now he just is scared and hateful about everything.  Sad how that has happened.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

The only person less capable of holding an effective argument than fatty is this DalTx clown. And he's another one that thinks he's just so clever and smart. The worst kind of combination.

And yet, things just seem to keep going in our favor on the subject.  I find it hard to believe you haven’t realized what you think is right keeps getting dunked on, maybe there is a reason for that?  

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

And yet, things just seem to keep going in our favor on the subject.  I find it hard to believe you haven’t realized what you think is right keeps getting dunked on, maybe there is a reason for that?  

Gerrymandering is the reason my dude. Eventually, that won’t even save you. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I do have an new idea.  Let's look at how many shooters have had prior contact with law enforcement or mental health. (Most, I'm guessing.)

Let's work on stopping dumb stuff before it happens.  The guns are just a tool of the crazy guys.  

This is where I point out that the GOP position is that locking up the mentally ill before they commit a crime is less of a violation of civil rights than preventing them from buying a gun.

Anyone who brings up mental illness in a gun debate needs to say what, exactly, should be done about mental illness from a policy perspective, 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is where I point out that the GOP position is that locking up the mentally ill before they commit a crime is less of a violation of civil rights than preventing them from buying a gun.

Anyone who brings up mental illness in a gun debate needs to say what, exactly, should be done about mental illness from a policy perspective, 

As I stated previously, it would require billions of dollars to stand up mental health infrastructure that is non-existent. That not a single one will vote to fund. It is an immediate indication that the person you are dealing with is being dishonest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

It’s the orgy of action taken by a minority in its last grasp of power. It’s going to ram through all it can. It ironically thinks that is a victory, when what it’s actually doing is sowing the seeds of its demise.

When the minority repeatedly shoves shit down the throat of the majority, saying “fuck you, we’re in charge and you can’t stop us” all the while…they are guaranteeing that when the majority eventually takes control (and they will), the minority will receive no mercy. For the most horrific type of example, see the minority Tutsi treatment of the majority Hutus in Rwanda, and then see what happened when the Hutus took control.

Until 1994, the Tutsis would have said EXACTLY what you said above - things just kept going in their favor! Suck it, Hutus!

Until that changed. And over half a million people were butchered.

Those of us who are sane aren’t just asking you minority Tutsis to moderate your approach, and act like you live in a society with the rest of us for the sake of everyone else (the majority Hutus), we’re asking for it for YOUR SAKE AS WELL. I’m a gun owner. I’m to the point of BEGGING the gun nut crowd to accept a regime of reasonable gun regulation and restriction, so we can end up in a place where gun ownership can still exist. Instead of that ability being exterminated when the majority Hutus eventually take control.

History doesn’t repeat, but goddamn does it rhyme.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s the orgy of action taken by a minority in its last grasp of power. It’s going to ram through all it can. It ironically thinks that is a victory, when what it’s actually doing is sowing the seeds of its demise.

When the minority repeatedly shoves shit down the throat of the majority, saying “fuck you, we’re in charge and you can’t stop us” all the while…they are guaranteeing that when the majority eventually takes control (and they will), the minority will receive no mercy. For the most horrific type of example, see the minority Tutsi treatment of the majority Hutus in Rwanda, and then see what happened when the Hutus took control.

Until 1994, the Tutsis would have said EXACTLY what you said above - things just kept going in their favor! Suck it, Hutus!

Those of us who are sane aren’t just asking you minority Tutsis to moderate your approach, and act like you live in a society with the rest of us for the sake of everyone else (the majority Hutus), we’re asking for it for YOUR SAKE AS WELL. I’m a gun owner. I’m to the point of BEGGING the gun nut crowd to accept a regime of reasonable gun regulation and restriction, so we can end up in a place where gun ownership can still exist. Instead of that ability being exterminated when the majority Hutus eventually take control.

As usual, extremely well said.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

13 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

As I stated previously, it would require billions of dollars to stand up mental health infrastructure that is non-existent. That not a single one will vote to fund. It is an immediate indication that the person you are dealing with is being dishonest.

Also also, you want effective mental health infrastructure.

From my daily interactions with the gun fetishists, their solution to the mental health issue is eerily similar to all those Odessa Walmart camps they were freaking out about. Just toss the crazy people in the warehouse, give them some haldol drips, and padlock the doors. 

Then they can get back to the business of blowing up shit with tannerite and modern sporting rifles. And indiscriminately killing folks, as the opportunity arises.

ETA: Also patrolling their local Walmart / Wendy's with their modern sporting rifles slung over the shoulders, just like in the Constitution.

Edited by Stilicho
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Also also, you want effective mental health infrastructure.

From my daily interactions with the gun fetishists, their solution to the mental health issue is eerily similar to all those Odessa Walmart camps they were freaking out about. Just toss the crazy people in the warehouse, give them some haldol drips, and padlock the doors. 

Then they can get back to the business of blowing up shit with tannerite and modern sporting rifles. And indiscriminately killing folks, as the opportunity arises.

And they won’t even vote to fund THAT.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You’re right. This might just be the issue that does it here.  

No, dammit. It’s an ANALOGY. I’m not saying that the rest of the country is going to hack a million gun owners to death with machetes. I’m saying that they will give ZERO fucks about the interests of the minority when they eventually have control. Desperate calls for compromise and reason from the gun crowd will fall on deaf ears…ears that the gun crowd themselves deafened. The majority will do whatever it wants regarding gun regulation, with ZERO regard for the position or desires of the gun crowd. You know, EXACTLY like the minority gun crowd has treated the rest of society.

If you can’t grasp the folly and peril created when a minority shoves its positions down the throat of the majority, I can’t help you. It’s fucking obvious. History gives us countless lessons of how it ends. But, you know…this time it will be different (“but…it might work for us!”)
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I appreciate the above discussion -- but wow, does anybody think that we are close to that in American society?  Not this guy.

• Fuck You 3

I appreciate the above discussion -- but wow, does anybody think that we are close to that in American society?  Not this guy.

You’re missing the point. The end game isn’t machete massacres. It’s the majority (once it takes the power that will inevitably come as their numbers grow even more) showing the same respect and deference to the minority (none, zero, zilch) that the minority showed the majority when they were in charge.

The current controlling group is not only not considering or compromising with the majority, they are treating them with purposeful contempt. They’ve cast the die. When other side takes power, expect to be treated the same. And perhaps worse, as the majority will also have numbers on their side.
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Go talk to some young folks. I work on a college Campus. I’ve yet to find someone in the last 5 years that feels even close to the way you do. It’s the only reason I’m not on the ledge like @Brisketexan

Cue Hope is a dangerous thing meme

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, dammit. It’s an ANALOGY. I’m not saying that the rest of the country is going to hack a million gun owners to death with machetes. I’m saying that they will give ZERO fucks about the interests of the minority when they eventually have control. Desperate calls for compromise and reason from the gun crowd will fall on deaf ears…ears that the gun crowd themselves deafened. The majority will do whatever it wants regarding gun regulation, with ZERO regard for the position or desires of the gun crowd. You know, EXACTLY like the minority gun crowd has treated the rest of society.

If you can’t grasp the folly and peril created when a minority shoves its positions down the throat of the majority, I can’t help you. It’s fucking obvious. History gives us countless lessons of how it ends. But, you know…this time it will be different (“but…it might work for us!”)

I don’t think you get it.  

• Fuck You 1

Go talk to some young folks. I work on a college Campus. I’ve yet to find someone in the last 5 years that feels even close to the way you do. It’s the only reason I’m not on the ledge like [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention]. 

It’s dangerous and foolish. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s been driven into the wall by countless rounds fired at it.

These patterns are as predictable as the rising and setting sun. But THIS minority shoving THIS issue down the throats of the majority thinks “but this time, it’ll end differently.” It won’t. It’ll end the way it always does. After the fucking around, then comes the finding out. Always. No exceptions. So stop wasting your time with hope. This is how the gun nuts want it. What they’re too dumb to realize is that when you order the “minority treats the majority with contempt” special, you have the eat the WHOLE thing. Including the fat and gristle of counter-oppression at the end. Especially including that.
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s dangerous and foolish. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s been driven into the wall by countless rounds fired at it.

These patterns are as predictable as the rising and setting sun. But THIS minority shoving THIS issue down the throats of the majority thinks “but this time, it’ll end differently.” It won’t. It’ll end the way it always does. After the fucking around, then comes the finding out. Always. No exceptions. So stop wasting your time with hope. This is how the gun nuts want it. What they’re too dumb to realize is that when you order the “minority treats the majority with contempt” special, you have the eat the WHOLE thing. Including the fat and gristle of counter-oppression at the end. Especially including that.

Sounds like a nice dream. Maybe your great grandkids can make it come true. How many more 10’s of millions of arms will be floating around by then, who knows. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The record will show that I have posted on this thread a fair amount today -- but I have no fucking idea of most what you are are talking about, and the little that I do understand has no relationship to what you are talking about.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Fuck You 5

50 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Well certainly it can't be to spend money on the mental health problem! We'll just let market forces solve the problem.

Next question!

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Go talk to some young folks. I work on a college Campus. I’ve yet to find someone in the last 5 years that feels even close to the way you do. It’s the only reason I’m not on the ledge like @Brisketexan

I believe the children are our future 

Teach them well and let them lead the way

• Hook 'Em 3

Sounds like a nice dream. Maybe your great grandkids can make it come true. How many more 10’s of millions of arms will be floating around by then, who knows. 

Maybe. Seems like by that point, it’ll be a sharp enough divide, with enough weapons involved, that we’ll get the full Rwanda package of incredible bloodshed as well.
Lord knows that one of us is doing all he can to make that possibility a reality. And it ain’t me.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Maybe. Seems like by that point, it’ll be a sharp enough divide, with enough weapons involved, that we’ll get the full Rwanda package of incredible bloodshed as well.
Lord knows that one of us is doing all he can to make that possibility a reality. And it ain’t me.

Now you are getting what I’m spitting.   History often rhymes, after all. 

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

The record will show that I have posted on this thread a fair amount today -- but I have no fucking idea of most what you are are talking about, and the little that I do understand has no relationship to what you are talking about.

17 minutes ago, Walser said:

Your lack of understanding is quite evident.

aaaaaand scene.

wow

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The current controlling group is not only not considering or compromising with the majority, they are treating them with purposeful contempt. They’ve cast the die. When other side takes power, expect to be treated the same. And perhaps worse, as the majority will also have numbers on their side.

Everything they do reflects that characterization. Their every move is exactly the same as a threatened criminal organization would take. They will do anything tro avoid consequences.

At this moment, they pervert everything they can about this republic. Jim Jordan tries to call a prosecutor before his committee and issue orders to same. The entire party doing everything they can to stifle investigations and consequence regarding Jan. 6. They don't give a fuck about anything but their criminal operation.

They count on the gun vote so they don't do anything about mass murders. They deny medical care to anyone not of an economic class, so naturally those people suffer and die. The insurance lobby is that powerful.

People trying to move here and escape horrors in their home countries are greeted with horrors in the land of milk and honey. The GOPs stole children from immigrant families and didn't bother to keep track of them. They denied covid was a problem while hundreds of thousand of Americans suffered and/or died from it.

Death cult with cruelty as its brand.

Their masterpiece will be the coming climate cataclysm that they refuse to say they believe in. Death and suffering will come to hundreds of millions of people. I'd like to say that they will be snuffing out themselves as well, but the monied and the toadies of the monied have special privileges. They don't give a shit about the rubes they fool everyday.

Those rubes comprise a sizable plurality of the US electorate that questions not a single move. They are sports fans pulling for the team. That's it. Shit talk is king. 

Such hate from future generations. Maybe they'll take lesson from this shit show carnage fest and find better ways. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Many thanks to all of the mass neggers.  It is useful to learn how many of you lack a basic understanding of legal firearms that American citizens have a right to own. 

Semi-automatic firearms -- the kind that send a single bullet for each trigger pull have been around for the last hundred years or so. 

The normal round for an AR-15 (who's name reflects the manufacturer --Armalite -- not Assualt Rifle) is a .223 which is generally appropriate only for small game and white-tailed deer at close range.

But carry on with your scare tactics.  All the best.

• Fuck You 13

8 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Many thanks to all of the mass neggers.  It is useful to learn how many of you lack a basic understanding of legal firearms that American citizens have a right to own. 

Semi-automatic firearms -- the kind that send a single bullet for each trigger pull have been around for the last hundred years or so. 

The normal round for an AR-15 (who's name reflects the manufacturer --Armalite -- not Assualt Rifle) is a .223 which is generally appropriate only for small game and white-tailed deer at close range.

Middle fingers vs. facts.  Very telling.  Thanks to each of you for your admissions against self interest.

• Fuck You 10

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You don't seriously think you're educating anyone about AR or caliber or whatever, do you?  How fucking stupid do you think we are?

I heard Biden say some of that shit last week.  "How fucking stupid do you think we are?"  

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2022-09-02/biden-bungled-talking-point-ar15-muzzle-velocity-7193450.html#:~:text=A 9mm handgun%2C the most,faster than the 9mm handgun.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

32 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Yeah, I own a couple along with more deer rifles and shotguns than I need. I have no problem saying that high capacity magazines and semi automatic rifles being banned would not upset me one bit. Then again, I don’t worry about anyone coming for the rest of my guns nor think it’s some slippery slope to a ban on all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

You don't seriously think you're educating anyone about AR or caliber or whatever, do you?  How fucking stupid do you think we are?

Considerable amounts?

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Slaves -- amirite?

Come on. We're along way from having to deflect from the issue and start screaming race!!!1!

• Fuck You 2