Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh it’s pretty fucking far from a both sides issue.  Take “white male” and AR15 out of our search criteria and tell me what you find about 4+ victim shootings. 

me thinks you don’t gaf about mass shootings unless it fits your criteria. 

What does this even mean?

Just now, aggie08 said:

Let me help you out.

"Black people be drive-by shooting folks like it's going out of style in Chicago."

Ah, I should have picked up on that.  Yes, those are bad, too.  Let's work on them in conjunction with Nazis killing other races.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Sane people must start challenging the prevailing notion that the 2nd amendment sacrosanct and more important than all of the other amendments. It is not, and it’s time we start ensuring domestic tranquility and allowing everybody a reasonable opportunity to pursue happiness.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is where I'm at. Every argument against Democrats almost strictly involves questionable policies. Oh, these numb nut tree huggers have terribly policy ideas about giving the poors money that probably won't work and will cost us millions. Okay, cool, let's debate it.

Meanwhile, almost every member of the modern GOP tangentially--or straight up directly--supports the worst human beings currently walking this earth. White supremacy, Holocaust denial, anti-Semitism, fascism, cultism, xenophobes, bigots, and stochastic terrorists.

But both sides, yo.

Dishonest fucks.

don't leave out pushing children into a river, booby trapping a river crossing, drowning minors, and causing forced spontaneous abortions.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Sane people must start challenging the prevailing notion that the 2nd amendment sacrosanct and more important than all of the other amendments. It is not, and it’s time we start ensuring domestic tranquility and allowing everybody a reasonable opportunity to pursue happiness.

We don’t need to question the second amendment, it’s not the problem.
So called originalists have substituted the interests of their political coalition (monetizing violence) for the historical meaning of the amendment. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

one of the lies the violence-industrial complex tells gun enthusiasts (and I am one, to be clear) to feel better is that outside of the deranged/racist mayhem usually involving AR-15s the *real* mass shooting problem is black and minority gang violence on the border and in places like southside Chicago. 
It's not true, obviously. About 2/3rd of the time it involves either domestic violence or people with a history of family violence, but knowing that would allow people like fatty to come around on red flag laws, and they can't have that. 

It’s pretty simple to me.  I live in Houston.  Statistics can tell you where I’m more likely to be shot, and the odds simply aren’t “lunatic with AR-15”.  

Crazy we have information coming out on this manifesto but still nothing on Nashville.  Curious. 

Edited by fattyflattie

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

This is the thought that pains and keeps it real for me. The 52 year old lady, along with the two men, aged 19 and 29, left home to go the Dollar General. As we do everyday, they had a reasonable expectation they would return home, as had been the case countless times before. You just don’t want to believe that you’ll be shot to death because of a fateful decision to go the the store around the corner.

This can literally be plugged into any law abiding person who has a violent crime committed against them. 

Wife and I were just heading to dinner. Never expected to be carjacked and killed.   I was just lying in bed in my suburban house, never expected the door to be kicked in and robbed/raped/killed.  Examples of things that we do every single day.  That doesn’t resonate with you?   Or do you not believe the same can happen? Just a fateful trip to the restaurant? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

That's literally the fucking point, man. 

No, we shouldn't trivialize or minimize gang violence, but I've got a pretty good idea on how to keep my kids from winding up a victim of it. Please instruct me how we keep completely random victim and kids away from schools, Walmarts, Dollar Generals, concerts, etc., etc. and the latest dipshit with a manifesto.

Now do carjacking, the folks routinely robbed eating dinner up and down westheimer, and home invasions.    Hint, they happen a lot more frequently than the event you’re so scared of. 

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s not “mass shooting,” as you are aware. 

Neither is the dollar store shooting in Jax, if we are being pedantic. 

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You are such a dishonest piece of shit, it's unreal. 

You've already admitted that you'd completely change your tune if it was your kids shot to shit by a random gunman. As long as it's someone else's kids, you just don't care. Full stop.

Ackshully, what I said was that anyone would.  

So please, you dishonest piece of shit, point me to your concern when it isn’t a white guy using an AR-15.  Surely you’ve noted it somewhere on this site? I mean, you are really really concerned about ALL the violence, right?   You can very simply find examples in papers across the country everyday to link and expound on.  You’re passionate about the problem, right? 

• Fuck You 2

And most rational people with a pulse possess the empathy to see it happen to someone else's kids and say, "Gee, that sucks. I sure wouldn't want that to happen to my kids. Maybe we should try to do something about it."

You don't. It is what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

People like fatty and sack like to go with the, "you've got a better chance of getting hit by lightning" defense (untrue, but whatever). 

Like if every other developed country had figured out a way to greater reduce random lightning strikes, and America was like, "fuck all that, lightning is bad ass," it wouldn't be equally as dumb.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you are a joke. sorry but you are a fucking joke. Your party is a joke and you can take your guns and shove them all the way up your asshole. eat shit. 

Sorry my hobby is considered sacrosanct.  But, dems da breaks.  

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And most rational people with a pulse possess the empathy to see it happen to someone else's kids and say, "Gee, that sucks. I sure wouldn't want that to happen to my kids. Maybe we should try to do something about it."

I missed all your concerned posts every time a stray bullet finds a child on the south side of <cantsayname>.  Guess those kids don't matter to you? Aggy, after all. 

• Fuck You 6

21 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

point me to your concern when it isn’t a white guy using an AR-15. 

I'm concerned about any person getting shot.  At this point, people like you have pushed me to the point where I would advocate for a total gun ban.  It's better than the alternative.

So, FAFO gun boy.  You had my support at a limited level, and you no longer do.  I would rather see you in prison for not turning your weapons than see guns all over the place and people getting killed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I missed all your concerned posts every time a stray bullet finds a child on the south side of <cantsayname>.  Guess those kids don't matter to you? Aggy, after all. 

We should absolutely try to do something about that too. Hint: it will involve [checks notes] gun control on [checks notes] largely legally obtained firearms.

You're doing great at hiding your embedded racism. Keep going, buddy!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sorry my hobby is considered sacrosanct.  But, dems da breaks.  

Indiana is ten fucking minutes from Chicago. That's where the guns come from. Find new material. That dog won't hunt

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, FAFO gun boy.  You had my support at a limited level, and you no longer do.  I would rather see you in prison for not turning your weapons than see guns all over the place and people getting killed.

Oh noes!!  Which do you think happens first?  I got to prison because of a total gun ban, or my grandkids are arguing with yours about gun control?   

Nah, I know better. 

Won't matter. I can cite stuff like this all night and it will only make him dig in harder.

He doesn't give a shit.

"The lawsuit alleges that a review of federal prosecutions from December 2014 to April 2021 for illegal gun purchases in the Northern District of Indiana revealed approximately 44% of the cases involved sales at Westforth Sports. The documents, according to the lawsuit, show Westforth Sports is known to have sold at least 180 guns to at least 40 people later charged with federal crimes in connection with the purchases."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/04/27/chicago-sues-gun-store-tied-850-guns-recovered-crime-scenes/4854619001/

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

They buy the guns in Indiana. You're being deliberately obtuse.

We've been over this almost every time. How convenient you have forgotten 

I get that.   Your point is that law abiding citizens across the rest of the US should suffer due to the criminals?   Or, work with me, we could just start enforcing our laws.  

Instead, we got mutual combat.  But fuck all yall hunters and sport shooters, time to give up your shit for the "greater good".  Nah.  I'll take my chances with this court. 

https://wgntv.com/news/chicagocrime/after-mutual-combat-drama-foxx-and-lightfoot-announce-charges-in-west-side-shootout/

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/cook-county-prosecutors-deadly-shootout-stabbing-no-felony-charges-mutual-combat/

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Remember when y’all told me not to engage with fatty? He and a few others like Ana, Poe, immaculate and donkey will not, no matter what, under any circumstances, change their mind/stance on these issues. They do not care. Y’all arguing with them does nothing. Nada.

How many minds have you seen changed on any big topics here?  Honestly.  It’s a fucking message board. 

Its the 2.1 amendment after it was revised to exclude militia service, framers intent, and states rights.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How many minds have you seen changed on any big topics here?  Honestly.  It’s a fucking message board. 

There are some mother fucking smart people all over this board. I'm not saying that I've ever had a strongly held position, read random stranger's post, and immediately did a 180. That's unrealistic and wouldn't speak highly of me if I did. But I at least try to keep a somewhat open mind and, when I find myself intellectually lacking on certain topics, I make a point to learn more about them independently (not in a "I do my own research!" kind of way).

You should try it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

There are some mother fucking smart people all over this board. I'm not saying that I've ever had a strongly held position, read random stranger's post, and immediately did a 180. That's unrealistic and wouldn't speak highly of me if I did. But I at least try to keep a somewhat open mind and, when I find myself intellectually lacking on certain topics, I make a point to learn more about them independently (not in a "I do my own research!" kind of way).

You should try it.

I have.   On many things.  I started pretty well down the center, but that is a losing proposition.  I bet that describes heaps of people here 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I have.   On many things.  I started pretty well down the center, but that is a losing proposition.  I bet that describes heaps of people here 

Dude, if your truly think you're anywhere near the center, I don't know what to tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Dude, if your truly think you're anywhere near the center, I don't know what to tell you. 

*was.  As noted, when I said “I started”.  Then i spent several years reading here, and realized I’d rather  beat the end of my dick with a hammer than be in the same political faction as most of the posters.  I used to think it was an elaborate troll, but no one can maintain that long.  Just fucking amazing, really.