Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

24 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

If it's a high ranking hood rat they might roll with an AR or AK.  Don't profile broseph.  

That would be what you’re doing. I’m just going by the probability that if you shoot 30 people with an AR-15 then the the death toll is likely to be a lot higher than 2, broseph.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That would be what you’re doing. I’m just going by the probability that if you shoot 30 people with an AR-15 then the the death toll is likely to be a lot higher than 2, broseph.

You aren't going by shit.  You're just guessing at what the probability is.  

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Does anybody believe that those who are maimed, injured or killed by guns care about the kind of gun that harmed them?

If I survived getting shot with a handgun, I’d be thankful I wasn’t shot with an assault rifle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

Does anybody believe that those who are maimed, injured or killed by guns care about the kind of gun that harmed them?

If I get shot, I hope it’s by an AR-15 so I can tell news the shooter was a massive pussy 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I saw on the news earlier that 4th of July weekend is the worst time for mass shootings over the last few years. Seems sadly appropriate. 

Just decent, hardworking Americans celebrating the right way. 

The most sickening thing about the current rash of shootings is that most of us could have predicted this would happen during this celebration of freedom and liberty. Thing is, just how free are we to pursue happiness is this climate of unchecked gun violence?

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The most sickening thing about the current rash of shootings is that most of us could have predicted this would happen during this celebration of freedom and liberty. Thing is, just how free are we to pursue happiness is this climate of unchecked gun violence?

Unchecked gun violence makes some people very happy so it’s not only encouraging their pursuit of happiness, but actually enhancing it. We’ve just decided as a society that the happiness of a minority of our citizenry is more important than the majority.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

20 minutes ago, royiv said:

Unchecked gun violence makes some people very happy so it’s not only encouraging their pursuit of happiness, but actually enhancing it. We’ve just decided as a society that the happiness of a minority of our citizenry is more important than the majority.

Yeah, but what happened to promoting our general welfare? Gun violence doesn’t do that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Yeah, but what happened to promoting our general welfare? Gun violence doesn’t do that.

2A is more important than our general welfare. Guns are worshipped above all else.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

Well, baby jeebus is up there.

If Jesus appeared and said that guns are a tool of the devil and should be destroyed, how many would actually listen and destroy their guns?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, royiv said:

If Jesus appeared and said that guns are a tool of the devil and should be destroyed, how many would actually listen and destroy their guns?

They'd denounce Jesus as an imposter because he didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. Then if he performed miracles to show he's god they'd denounce him as the anti Christ. 

That's the thing about religion. Once it's set for whatever you want it to be, no matter how bastardized from the original, it becomes easy to dismiss any deviance from that as evil 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, royiv said:

I would like any of our surly gun advocates to respond to this.

Change will only come when there is enough pressure on Republicans in rural states.  Which will only happen when they lose Republican seats in more and more moderate states.  

I still do not understand why the Democrats to not label every singe Assault style shooting involving body armor as a Republican endorsed mass shooting.  Let those fucks answer some questions and defend against a real political attack.  

It's the only way to counter the "they dems are coming to take your guns" that the Republicans use very effectively despite the dishonestly of the assertion. At least in the potential Dem attack, there is larger degree of honesty.

On 7/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, fattyflattie said:

Such as a 1911, M9, P320, and several glock models?  All actual military weaponry, not actual non-military weaponry like you are alluding to. 

So, the next time a person is stabbed, we can possibly attribute the damage to military weaponry?

Can't believe we're already past July 4th. Soon it will be time for college football, cooler temps, and school shootings once again.

Back to school shooting season is just around the corner! 

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Can't believe we're already past July 4th. Soon it will be time for college football, cooler temps, and school shootings once again.

Back to school shooting season is just around the corner! 

We can start a countdown to opening day of school shooting season with headlines stating the number of the dead.

Texas will be well-represented.

spacer.png

We can take particular pride 2 weeks out with the Longhorn who started it all.

spacer.png

Texas, our Texas, all hail the mighty state!

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We can start a countdown to opening day of school shooting season with headlines stating the number of the dead.

Texas will be well-represented.

spacer.png

We can take particular pride 2 weeks out with the Longhorn who started it all.

spacer.png

Texas, our Texas, all hail the mighty state!

Don't forget Luby's, Sutherland Springs, El Paso, Allen, and Santa Fe.

We could talk about Cleveland as well, but... well, you remember what Greg Abbott said about those people.

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Don't forget Luby's, Sutherland Springs, El Paso, Allen, and Santa Fe.

We could talk about Cleveland as well, but... well, you remember what Greg Abbott said about those people.

I thought of some of those but, in this case, we are talking about school shootings. We could use some of those to fill in the gaps where the school fatalities don't work if there are any.

This begins to get too dark even for me.

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Or we can just label things accurately? 

Well, I think the original meaning was pretty clear using the common vernacular. Probably one of the reasons this more general term has entered that vernacular is because of persons more familiar with guns nitpicking other usage.

The primary military weapon for a soldier is, I believe, the automatic rifle with high muzzle velocity. Outside of the military, sometimes they're fully automatic or just rapidly fired as a semi-automatic.

I'm basically all for correct identification and precise word usage. That's superceded when the torn-up bodies are lying around and there's blood everywhere.

My God! Some bloody monster tore through this classroom with an automatic military rifle and killed these students... and a teacher! They're not even recognizable anymore.

Well, technically we don't know if the rifle was being fired on automatic. And, technically, it may not be a model the militrary uses anymore.

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Well, I think the original meaning was pretty clear using the common vernacular. Probably one of the reasons this more general term has entered that vernacular is because of persons more familiar with guns nitpicking other usage.

The primary military weapon for a soldier is, I believe, the automatic rifle with high muzzle velocity. Outside of the military, sometimes they're fully automatic or just rapidly fired as a semi-automatic.

I'm basically all for correct identification and precise word usage. That's superceded when the torn-up bodies are lying around and there's blood everywhere.

My God! Some bloody monster tore through this classroom with an automatic military rifle and killed these students... and a teacher! They're not even recognizable anymore.

Well, technically we don't know if the rifle was being fired on automatic. And, technically, it may not be a model the militrary uses anymore.

spacer.png spacer.png

Tbh, I’m to the point I couldn’t gaf. Call it a weapon of war if its your fancy. 

53 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seems like this has been an especially shoot-ey kind of week.  Any progress on the fix-it front?

More guns. We still haven't reached the number of guns in circulation that will curb gun violence. Be a patriot and buy more guns for the sake of societal safety.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/4/2023 at 4:02 PM, royiv said:

Unchecked gun violence isn't about access to guns really as much as it is about being allowed to challenge the republican rigging machine.  The will of the people be damned, they are not going to give up on anything.  If they start losing a single item in the culture war, they are afraid it will embolden people to act and they will lose power over the plebs.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Unchecked gun violence isn't about access to guns really as much as it is about being allowed to challenge the republican rigging machine.  The will of the people be damned, they are not going to give up on anything.  If they start losing a single item in the culture war, they are afraid it will embolden people to act and they will lose power over the plebs.  

spacer.png

12 hours ago, horn4life said:

Change will only come when there is enough pressure on Republicans in rural states.  Which will only happen when they lose Republican seats in more and more moderate states.  

I still do not understand why the Democrats to not label every singe Assault style shooting involving body armor as a Republican endorsed mass shooting.  Let those fucks answer some questions and defend against a real political attack.  

It's the only way to counter the "they dems are coming to take your guns" that the Republicans use very effectively despite the dishonestly of the assertion. At least in the potential Dem attack, there is larger degree of honesty.

School shootings in my little neck of the redneck woods gives these local yokels an excuse to cosplay as some sort of militia.  They have set up active shooter response teams and it mainly gives them a justification to be bad ass community protectors.    Some have military experience, but most don't.  The heroes have turned from being the local volunteer firefighter to being a member of the camouflage calvary.    And most of them feel the odds of it happening at our school is extremely low.  And even if it does, they have an excuse if they can't protect it, because they are volunteers.  We did our best!  

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

School shootings in my little neck of the redneck woods gives these local yokels an excuse to cosplay as some sort of militia.  They have set up active shooter response teams and it mainly gives them a justification to be bad ass community protectors.    Some have military experience, but most don't.  The heroes have turned from being the local volunteer firefighter to being a member of the camouflage calvary.    And most of them feel the odds of it happening at our school is extremely low.  And even if it does, they have an excuse if they can't protect it, because they are volunteers.  We did our best!  

JFC

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

If I survived getting shot with a handgun, I’d be thankful I wasn’t shot with an assault rifle. 

It depends entirely on where you were shot and what projectile was used. You could be shot by a .223 green tip that would poke a hole in you in a place that heals well or you could take a .45 hollow point to the chest that put a grapefruit size wound cavity in you. There are a lot of factors that determine whether a gun shot is fatal. 

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

It depends entirely on where you were shot and what projectile was used. You could be shot by a .223 green tip that would poke a hole in you in a place that heals well or you could take a .45 hollow point to the chest that put a grapefruit size wound cavity in you. There are a lot of factors that determine whether a gun shot is fatal. 

I would just rather not be shot.  Kthanxbye

• Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Great.  I eagerly look forward to more discussion of caliber, clips, magazines, and ballistics.

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Really? Where you get shot has an impact on survivability? Wow, thanks for that piece of information, Capt. Obvious. Who would’ve ever guessed?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seems like this has been an especially shoot-ey kind of week.  Any progress on the fix-it front?

Given a combo of that some people like to shoot their guns on the 4th, and the concentrated # of parties seem to increase the number of armed people + alcohol.

I know that people are called Karens when they call the police on someone for firing a gun on the 4th or NYE but anyone is a jackass for firing a weapon into the air that will come back down on a populated area. Honesty I think someone is a jackass for firing in the air in an unpopulated area but I can understand the odds are infinitesimally small to hit anyone. That's not necessary the case in populated areas as people are killed each year.

59 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Another guy with his priorities in the right place.