Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 hours ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Luke Leifker

[IMG] 

I am a high school student in the USA who loves football (both high school and college) and football recruiting. I currently work on the film crew as I’ve had multiple breaks to my right leg, and I hope to become a coach in the future. My plan is to attend Texas A&M University. Gig’em!

I love working with animals as well and I have a dog named Joanie. I also play the piano, am gay, and a vegetarian. Politics interest me as well, and I consider myself to be a Libertarian.

Image result for laugh gif

aggy trifecta

http:// https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/amp/Millions-in-artwork-jewelry-stolen-from-13587951.php

Their poor-man’s Joe Jamail seems to have lousy security. I guess he would have shot the burglar, but he just ran out of knowing how to shoot a gun?

What a perfect fucking douchebag benefactor for that shitshow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Your daily moment of zen.

Reveille IX[edit]
Reveille IX was officially announced by Texas A&M University on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 and assumed her role on May 9, 2015. Reveille IX was donated by Overland Collies, based in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. The establishment’s owners, Marcy and Mike Fine, are typically well-represented among finalists at the annual Collie Nationals.[28] Reveille IX maintains a Twitter following where she tweets about 'her aggies'.[29]

Daily life[edit]
Reveille is officially cared for by Corps of Cadets Company E-2, known as the "mascot company", and the 1959 successor to A Quartermaster Co. A sophomore in the unit is designated the "mascot corporal" and has ultimate responsibility for her care. Reveille accompanies the mascot corporal everywhere, including to class and on dates.[30]

Reveille is considered a cadet general and the highest-ranking member in the Corps of Cadets. To designate her rank, Reveille wears five diamonds on her maroon-and-white blanket.[30] Freshmen cadets are required to address her as "Miss Rev, ma'am."[5]Reveille is the only canine on campus, other than service animals, that is permitted to enter any campus building.[30] It is a widely held tradition that if Reveille decides to sleep on a cadet's bed, that cadet is required to sleep on the floor. However, in reality, she is constantly under the care of her handler and is not permitted to freely roam the dormitory or campus. This tradition likely applied only to the first Reveille.[31] By tradition, if she barks in class, that session is cancelled.[32] Reveille has her own cell phone, operated by the mascot corporal, and her own student identification card.[33]

Texas A&M maintains a cemetery on campus where all of the past Reveilles are buried. Reveilles I through IV were buried side-by-side in a small cemetery in front of Kyle Field with their noses and paws pointed so that they could look through the north tunnel and see the stadium scoreboard. This way, "they can always watch the Aggies outscore their opponent on the field."[30]

In 1997, the university decided to expand Kyle Field and build the Bernard C. Richardson Zone at the north end of the stadium. This necessitated the removal of the cemetery. After meeting with representatives of the Traditions Council, Student Senate, and E-2, the athletic department decided to create a temporary cemetery across the street in Cain Park. Upon completion of the stadium addition in 1999, the graves were relocated to a permanent cemetery at the new, tree-lined Richardson Zone Plaza.[30] Since the recent additions blocked the gravesites' view of Kyle Field, a miniature scoreboard was constructed on the outside of the stadium so that the dead mascots can still watch the Aggies play.[34]

[âIMG]

This is certifiable.

• Like 2

http:// https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/amp/Millions-in-artwork-jewelry-stolen-from-13587951.php

Their poor-man’s Joe Jamail seems to have lousy security. I guess he would have shot the burglar, but he just ran out of knowing how to shoot a gun?

What a perfect fucking douchebag benefactor for that shitshow.
Here is the buzzbee gun...

efbba3dffc8f4e3b57275a57a369ee57.jpg

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I need @Randolph Duke to come explain this.

The methodology is dumb.  One time girts to fund capital projects <> revenue from continuing operations.  I would have thought a business writer would know the difference. Apparently he does and chose to use this crappy methodology anyway.  60% of aggy's "revenue" was contributions - mostly for construction.  The number at Texas is less than a third.  Most embarrassing of all, USA Today actually did a better job of reporting and accounting for this than Forbes.

While the report shows Texas A&M with about $147 million in operating expenses for 2017 — an apparent annual surplus of more than $65 million — it also shows the school with just under $67 million in athletics-related capital expenditures during the year.

When schools borrow money to build or refurbish athletics facilities, the NCAA currently requires them to count annual debt service payments — the amount of principal and interest they repay in a given year — as an operational expense. Cash spending on facilities is supposed to be counted, and reported, separately from annual operating expenses.

As a result, contributions to Texas A&M’s athletics program that were made in 2017 and spent on facilities projects that year are being reported as operating revenue while most of the corresponding spending on those projects is not being reported as an annual operating expense.

The Texas A&M athletics department’s chief financial officer, Jeff Toole, told USA TODAY Sports that when the facilities-related contributions are removed from consideration for 2017, “we are basically break-even, maybe a little less than break-even, for the year.”

Toole said the capital projects covered in 2017 were a continuation of the $485 million football stadium project, the construction of stadiums for softball and track and field, and the installation of some new video boards. Toole declined to provide amounts spent in 2017 on each project.

If Texas A&M’s capital spending for 2017 is added to its operational spending for the year, the total is just over $213.5 million.

Oklahoma State reported $241 million in revenue (not adjusting for inflation) for 2006, when the NCAA was having the schools use a different methodology for their annual financial reporting than the one they use now. Oklahoma State reported $211 million in donations for that year. About $165 million came from Boone Pickens, largely for facility upgrades made over time.

When Texas released its 2017 financial report a little more than a week ago, it showed nearly $215 million in annual operating revenue and $207 million in operating expenses. Texas also had nearly $4 million in capital spending, plus a separate $10.3 million transfer to the university that also is not considered an annual operating expense under the NCAA’s reporting system.

Texas A&M’s new athletics spending report showed no additional transfers to the university.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/01/29/texas-am-operating-revenue/1077373001/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

@sushihorn Thanks. I figured it was something to that nature. But I'm sure Aggy is whooping it up right now. Might put it on the wall this spring?

You're welcome.  My OCD was acting up w/o any new data to analyze.

Bottom line is that operating revenue is under $100 mil at aggy during that 3 year period.  They're not poor but they sure ain't Texas.

20 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

The methodology is dumb.  One time girts to fund capital projects <> revenue from continuing operations.  I would have thought a business writer would know the difference. Apparently he does and chose to use this crappy methodology anyway.  60% of aggy's "revenue" was contributions - mostly for construction.  The number at Texas is less than a third.  Most embarrassing of all, USA Today actually did a better job of reporting and accounting for this than Forbes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/01/29/texas-am-operating-revenue/1077373001/

So, basically recycling the same bullshit they spewed a few months back. Don't expect the chimps at aggy to make a distinction.

8 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

You're welcome.  My OCD was acting up w/o any new data to analyze.

Bottom line is that operating revenue is under $100 mil at aggy during that 3 year period.  They're not poor but they sure ain't Texas.

A&M's operating revenue is right around $145 mil. Nothing spectacular, especially considering their debt service is over $25 mil/yr.

The article was clickbait. If it were done in a reasonable manner, it would be done on free cash flow, not on operating revenue + capital campaign contributions - operating expenses.

Adding capital campaign contributions and not deducting capital investments isn't a fair measure of anything, other than capital campaign contributions.

• Like 2

Here is the quite from their athletics financial officer that explains:

“The numbers are real, but you have to dig into it to understand that's not our normal operating revenue,” Toole said. “When you're doing a big construction project and you're getting donations to help fund that, that shows up as a revenue in those reports, but they don't allow you to show the capital expenditure of those monies.”

The reports suggest that Texas A&M enjoyed a surplus of $65.4 million, but Toole asserted that most of that difference was invested into facilities and other projects.

“Our normal operating budget is good, but we're not sitting on a whole big pile of cash like those reports would have you believe,” Toole said.https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2018/09/07/clemson-football-texas-revenue/1119370002/

It's been a while since I was in a position with any accounting responsibilities, and even then, I was only responsible for making sure that electronic franchise financial statements parsed for the manufacturers in question, but still, I do remember enough to know that the claim...

that shows up as a revenue in those reports,

...is bullshit. Capital investments are on a completely different part of the statement. It only shows up as revenue if you have a particularly short-sighted way of doing business.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's been a while since I was in a position with any accounting responsibilities, and even then, I was only responsible for making sure that electronic franchise financial statements parsed for the manufacturers in question, but still, I do remember enough to know that the claim...

...is bullshit. Capital investments are on a completely different part of the statement. It only shows up as revenue if you have a particularly short-sighted way of doing business.

LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY JOHN BOY! WE'S RICH! WOOOOOOP!

46 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What part of "aggy" did you not get?

47 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If you follow GAAP accounting, yes. But governmental accounting doesn't follow GAAP rules.

These reports are compiled in accordance with various conventions.

Del Conte is insistent telling donors that he has zero interest in releasing what our numbers would be if we included donations in our metrics. As much as I'd prefer he simply level the playing field and blow this nonsense out of the water, its not happening. But I suppose this is his version of taking the high road. However, what he is going to do is release what he's calling our report card (or something like that, I forget) which will list out in detail exactly how much money the school spends on it's athletes, in all sports. So basically, when people tout shit like this, he will be able to turn around and say "Texas spent 250 million dollars on our student athletes this year. Here's how we got to that number and here's where it went."

Hopefully we'll start seeing those numbers filter out in the next 6 months or so to change the narrative of the conversation a bit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

23 hours ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Reveille IX was officially announced by Texas A&M University on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 and assumed her role on May 9, 2015. Reveille IX was donated by Overland Collies, based in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. The establishment’s owners, Marcy and Mike Fine, are typically well-represented among finalists at the annual Collie Nationals.[28] Reveille IX maintains a Twitter following where she tweets about 'her aggies'.[29]

I had no idea aggy had a yankee bitch for a mascot.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Del Conte is insistent telling donors that he has zero interest in releasing what our numbers would be if we included donations in our metrics. As much as I'd prefer he simply level the playing field and blow this nonsense out of the water, its not happening. But I suppose this is his version of taking the high road. However, what he is going to do is release what he's calling our report card (or something like that, I forget) which will list out in detail exactly how much money the school spends on it's athletes, in all sports. So basically, when people tout shit like this, he will be able to turn around and say "Texas spent 250 million dollars on our student athletes this year. Here's how we got to that number and here's where it went."

Hopefully we'll start seeing those numbers filter out in the next 6 months or so to change the narrative of the conversation a bit. 

I suspect were they to release numbers including donations, minds would be blown. It would literally be an embarrassment of riches and donors might not feel their contributions are needed. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

they were listed on the original report correctly... the one with a sticky note on it from John Sharp for revisions to "make it bigger'n the sips'" 

2 hours ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Now the Looch is making up AtM BCS wins and he agreed to debate 10 and lied and made it 9.  What a cock holster.

The gift that keeps on giving.

1NY9m4.png

You guys are so fucking stupid, it's obviously a fake account.

Zero mention of number of top five losses

• Like 1

Now the Looch is making up AtM BCS wins and he agreed to debate 10 and lied and made it 9.  What a cock holster.

The gift that keeps on giving.

1NY9m4.png
Conf Title Games: UT 1 A&M 0 (in an inferior league)

A&M 0 (in an inferior league)

Well he got that right. Indeed sec sec sec IS inferior in ALL aspects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

From Recruiting thread: "The rumor on Aggy boards is GA Lee Grimes will be promoted to OL Coach. "

Also saw this post on Football Coaches website:

Texas A&M: Texas A&M Football has immediate opening for a graduate assistant on the defensive side if the ball. Applicants will assist the defensive staff in all aspects of the program including coaching, recruiting and player development. Applicants must have a strong coaching background, be an effective communicator and possess strong computer skills. All interest should be shown via email to METEXASAM@GMAIL.COM Please do not attempt to express your interest via phone.

Edited by LTtxfan