• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Buster said:

Sorry to confuse you with the facts Randy. 

Texas A&M has commissioned over 80,000 officers in the Armed Forces over it's 142 year history. West Point comes in second with just over 60,000. It is a fact.

Every freshman and sophomore in the Corps is in the ROTC. You do not have to be the in the Corps to be in the ROTC. About half of the juniors and seniors in the Corps are under military contract and/or military scholarship. That is a fact.

Texas A&M University is one of six Senior Military Colleges and also the youngest of the six. The others are the CItadel, Virginia Military Institute, University of North Georgia, Virgina Tech and Norwich University. US Naval Academy had just over 3,300 commissioned officers in WW II. Westpoint had just over twice that many. Texas A&M had over 14,000. Most of them were sent to the war after only three years or less of college from all three institutions. Those are facts. If you want to call the Corps a fraternity, go ahead. By the definition of a fraternity you are correct.  They are the largest and oldest uniformed "fraternity" in the country.

Again, sorry to confuse you Randy, it is getting easier and easier everyday.

Keep up the entertainment.

You rednecks are hilarious. You make up numbers that can never be authenticated, and then insist those who disagree offer substantiated numbers.

We know that between 1876 and 1918, 1,233 former A&M students had, at some time, served as U.S. military officers (only 668 of these individuals were actual graduates of A&M). Walk me through where I can verify your claims of the other 78,000+.

I know of the whole Sr. Military College structure.  It was essentially started in 1910 to identify different levels of military instruction at various colleges and universities. I am sure I understand the SMC structure  far better than you understand the University Affiliated Research Center struture

Now, some numbers about WWII:

According to Henry Dethloff, TAMU historian (and yes, I have personally spoken to Henry about this), the figure of 14,123 TAMU 'alumni' who served as officers is equally divided between those 'alumni' who were graduates and were then commissioned as reserve officers and those who dropped out and received commissions through other channels. Supposedly, the total number of TAMU 'alumni' who served in all branches in all ranks was 20,229.

According to the Annapolis Special Collections librarian, the number of USNA graduates who served as officers during WWII is 12,976 (call up to Annapolis and ask for the Spec Collect. Librarian. Ask for Adam. Tell him the folder is in the vertical files under Graduates - Graduates by class who died during WWII).

The Association of Graduates at West Point reports 9,802 West Point graduates served as officers during WWII (The oldest USMA graduates to serve as officers in WWII were from the Class of 1900. There were 487 USMA graduates who died in battle during WWII). If you call to confirm that number, either ask for Suzanne or Elaine.

You claim "West Point has over twice as many as USNA." You are an idiot. USNA had 30% more officers serve in WWII than did West Point.

Add the numbers and you get more USMA and USNA GRADUATES as officers, than aggys of all ranks, officers and enlisted (both school graduates and drop-outs).

You are a dishonest sack of shit who offers up lies with practiced ease to perpetuate fraudulent military claims. You are a disgusting individual.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

I don't think anyone really tracks those numbers except them, so you know what that means, fuzzy math.

I called up to the history department at West Point and asked a Col who was head of the history department to help me verify the number. He sent me to a Lt.C who didn't miss a beat asking "who in the hell cares?" I explained I was trying to verify a claim being made by the ROTC department at Texas A&M. His response was "that sounds like them."

That ass made up the 80,000 aggy number, just as he made up the numbers for USMA and USNA numbers. I know the 1,233 number for aggys as officers between 1876 and 1918 is valid. That comes from an aggy report to the legislature. The same report that states the graduation rate for aggy students during that period was barely 7% (yep, more than a 92% drop-out rate).

Because the military downsized after WWI and most of the ags who served as officers during WWII would have been post-WWI graduates, we can guestimate the total for 1876-1945 to have been roughly 16,000. WE also know that for most of the last 20 years, the ags have seen fewer than 200 graduates commissioned as officers through ROTC. So that idiot is essentially claiming 60,000 aggys served as officers in the 50 years between the end of WWII and 1995 (almost three times as many as served during WWI and WWII combined).

No fucking way.

• Like 2

There are so many people on here recently that I completely agree with, but Buster isn’t one of them. Aggy Corps = Dick. Unless we’re talking about the tiny percentage of those who actually follow through with a commission. And even then, they’re still aggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work with the Military in my job as a governmental contractor; my new office is across the street from the US AFA and I interact with the likes of Fort Carson, Peterson AFB, and many other bases across the Western United States on a routine basis.  I was speaking to a Colonel because he heard I transferred from the San Antonio to Colorado Springs (he lived a while in Texas too).  I had to ask him his view of Texas A&M, and his response; "oh them, yeah they are the ones who park in the handicap spot in life; not because they are injured but because they are REAL special folks down there".   Just thought y'all would like to hear that; and before that aggy poster claims the Colonel probably was a "sip" he actually had a scholarship to play football at Maryland and was from Virginia before enlisting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buster said:

Okay Randy, you can't have it both ways. In the same sentence, you have called an ROTC program and said it is not an ROTC program.

Freshman and sophomore members of the Corps of Cadets are in the ROTC. This is a fact. Juniors have the option of joining the military and those that choose to do so remain in the ROTC. Those that don't, are just civilian member of the Corps who choose stay in the Corps because they enjoy it. 

The Corps of Cadets still commissions more officers into the US military than any other ROTC program in the country including the Air Force Academy and West Point. That is a fact. 

Saluting is a gesture that shows a sign of respect. It is primarily used in the Armed Forces of most countries but is also used in other organizations and by civilians. The military does not have a lock on saluting. 

But, as usual, don't let the facts get in the way of your hilarious rants. I enjoy them.

I would submit that those named and the others are a bit more selective and turn out better officers than the corpse (deliberate misspelling).

3 hours ago, Buster said:

Texas A&M has commissioned over 80,000 officers in the Armed Forces over it's 142 year history. West Point comes in second with just over 60,000. It is a fact.

Every freshman and sophomore in the Corps is in the ROTC. You do not have to be the in the Corps to be in the ROTC. About half of the juniors and seniors in the Corps are under military contract and/or military scholarship. That is a fact.

Texas A&M University is one of six Senior Military Colleges and also the youngest of the six. The others are the CItadel, Virginia Military Institute, University of North Georgia, Virgina Tech and Norwich University. US Naval Academy had just over 3,300 commissioned officers in WW II. Westpoint had just over twice that many. Texas A&M had over 14,000. Most of them were sent to the war after only three years or less of college from all three institutions. Those are facts. If you want to call the Corps a fraternity, go ahead. By the definition of a fraternity you are correct.  They are the largest and oldest uniformed "fraternity" in the country.

Are you counting those that were in that officer training school or somesuch that was there? I don't those were aggy students. But, whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buster said:

Have you ever kissed a girl?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not only is it not ROTC (because it is civilians extending a military courtesy to another civilian) it is diametrically opposed to what one would expect is (should be) being taught in the aggy ROTC program.

Not to veer off in the CR, but should every American now be saluting Melania Trump? Hillary? Michelle Obama? To me, that would seem silly.

There are recognized courtesies reserved for those who have served and extended only to those who have served,  out of respect for their service. I don't understand how civilians practicing those exact same courtesies to other civilians is consistent with tradition, or an acknowledgement of the right for courtesies extended to those who have served to be reserved only to those who served.

This isn't just a UT/aggy thing, either. If some UT alum insisted on a flag draped coffin at his funeral, out of recognition of his four years as a member of Sigma Nu, I would feel it was not respectful of the courtesies reserved only to those who served and I would mock the individual who equated their participation in a fraternity to having served their country. Obviously, aggy culture differs.

Hey now! Don’t you be denigrating the snakes. Just because Jon hamm dragged some dude around by his balls with a claw hammer doesn’t mean you need to denigrate a whole frat based on that. I mean isn’t that an entire indictment of America? Gentlemen! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Grassy Nole said:

I work with the Military in my job as a governmental contractor; my new office is across the street from the US AFA and I interact with the likes of Fort Carson, Peterson AFB, and many other bases across the Western United States on a routine basis.  I was speaking to a Colonel because he heard I transferred from the San Antonio to Colorado Springs (he lived a while in Texas too).  I had to ask him his view of Texas A&M, and his response; "oh them, yeah they are the ones who park in the handicap spot in life; not because they are injured but because they are REAL special folks down there".   Just thought y'all would like to hear that; and before that aggy poster claims the Colonel probably was a "sip" he actually had a scholarship to play football at Maryland and was from Virginia before enlisting. 

Most of the people that I've met who were corp at A&M and actually enlisted have been arrogant and entitled pricks. My wife just retired Air Force last year (24 years), and neither one of us have come across a whole lot of aggys that served though. Not saying there aren't a lot of them, but I highly doubt the number that A&M claims. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Read that 35% of the 100,000  WWII era OCS 90 day wonder grads had only a high school diploma.

But props & respect to all of them for serving.

I’m not disrespecting 90 day wonder vets.  I’m disrespecting aggy for misrepresenting their number of commissioned officer alums by including men who trained their for 3 months.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz, always funny watching Randy drop his bean bag in some aggy's mouth. They always seem to come back for more though. 

I’m sure the dumbass Aggy is yucking it up with other redneck dipshits about how he showed that stupid sip Randy by taking whatever he can find on wikipedia and trying to disprove him.

32 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m not disrespecting 90 day wonder vets.  I’m disrespecting aggy for misrepresenting their number of commissioned officer alums by including men who trained their for 3 months.  

Yes, I understood that.

It appears some aggy are legends in their own little minds.

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I’m sure the dumbass Aggy is yucking it up with other redneck dipshits about how he showed that stupid sip Randy by taking whatever he can find on wikipedia and trying to disprove him.

Look at Wikipedia - aggy claiming they are not a branch of the University of Texas.

6 hours ago, txhorns said:

From my personal experience the people who enter the military after attending a university do so for 2 reasons, either they want to pursue additional schooling and have it paid for or they have no other options as far as a career goes.  The second option far outweighs the first so I'm not real impressed that so many aggys enter the military after getting a degree.  All that tells me is that the school did a poor job in helping them to secure a post graduation job.

You can take a shot at aggy without taking shots at those of us who voluntarily served in the military.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

UAB isn't trash. Bill Clark has done a masterful job rebuilding that program. What's shameful is the chasm between the second-best team on A&M's noncon schedule (UAB) and the bottom two teams (NW State, ULM).

Meh. I'd be pissed if we scheduled UAB. 

I had the distinct displeasure of training Armor Officers at the Armor School at Ft. Knox when I was in.  I can tell you without reservation that 99% of 2nd Lieutenants are shitbirds.  Most are capable of learning and once they do, many turn into fine officers.  Aggy was, without question, the biggest pain in the ass of all.  Entitled, cocky, stupid, and lazy. Every single one I dealt with had to be yelled at by their OIC at least once due to thinking they were above doing some task.

They always made sure to let everyone know they were aggy, in word and deed.  They generated more eye rolls from everyone involved in training them than all other groups combined.

I gave everyone a chance to prove themselves during the "10 day war" field exercise at the end of the cycle.  When it came time to bring the tanks in and do cleaning and maintenance, we had an unspoken policy among the training NCOs to give the biggest assholes the shittiest jobs, like greasing the torsion arms and road wheels.  I did 8 training cycles., and aggy won shithead of the cycle every time I had one on my crew.  The rate was similar on every tank in the Troop. 

I would have career Sergeant's First Class who knew I was from Texas come ask me, wtf was the deal with these people.  I had no answer other than "aggy". 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz, always funny watching Randy drop his bean bag in some aggy's mouth. They always seem to come back for more though. 

The ags are predictable because they are such a product of their environment.

That the ags never point to original source documents and instead always repeat fish camp fairy tales demonstrates the quality of their educational experience in real life. The fact is the ags are largely educated through rote learning. They graduate with no knowledge whatsoever of Socrates. They lack both self-awareness and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking.

The guy lead off with a hard number, which most aggys do. It is typical of aggys to try to establish a position of authority with initial bluster. Think drill sergeant addressing new recruits. Think fish camp. One foundation of aggy culture is that aggys are taught to know their place. They are taught to willingly submit to authority. They have no concept of others employing critical thinking in response or challenging the underlying premise of their claims.

As a primitive culture of roughly 500,000 living in modern society, they are a fascinating study, but their uniformity in thought and behavior makes them very easy to identify. They shun work at all times, be it physical effort or the mental effort necessary to gain knowledge and education. They will do as little work as possible to create the impression they have accomplished any task. When challenged whether they have actually completes a task to the level expected, they resort to bluster, thinking the other person will respond as aggys do and become submissive. College Station sucks because aggys half-ass everything. aggy academics trail far behind major engineering schools (MIT, Stanford, Cal Tech, Berkley, etc) because aggys half-ass everything. aggy athletics suck because aggys half-ass everything. The aggy bonfire fell because aggys half-ass everything. aggy research produces next to nothing because aggys half-ass everything. Buster failed because he half-assed his research and his argument. (see where I am going here?)

Dear Buster was sent home to get his shine box because he showed up, demonstrated classic aggy intellectual weakness, and got his ass kicked by Socrates. Buster will probably come back and again act like his typical aggy self and any one of us can refer back to our education and send him on his way. It was just a real life example of the value of two different educations - rote learning vs meaningful learning. Buster failed because the aggy education failed Buster. Fuck aggy. The people of Texas deserve better.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Aggy had a shit ton of these.  

Ninety-day wonder

[nahyn-tee-dey]

noun Informal.

1. an officer commissioned in a branch of the armed forces after an unusually short training period, especially after a three-months officers' training course during World War II.

Yep. Completely detached from reality.