• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The best part is they will never assign any blame to Jimbo, or even Jim Turner for developing such a bad oline. They'll blame their previous recruits somehow. 
It's them durn sips stealing recruits that should rightfully be aggys..

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Their OL might be worse than ours last year which is really saying something. 

I have no clue why they weren't pursuing grad transfer OL. I know they were after Anderson but they should have been pursuing multiple grad transfer OL. 

I'm not even sure they were really "after" Anderson, I just think they were pissy about so many guys they expected to get who ended up with us.

They were so late to the game and so awful in their approach with Anderson, I'm not sure you can categorize it as anything other than a failed desperation heave to stick one to the sips (which, by the way, is a statement that could fairly be used to describe every aggy action in the history of aggy). 

Aggy had one small trick in their bag when they went to the SEC SEC SEC.  The uptempo Big 12 style offense full of Big 12 players and Manziel confused the shit out of these teams for a bit. Post Manziel, it remained their only hope to pull off upsets as they could ocassionally put up cheap scores (mostly on the back of Kirk). 

Now they are going out of their way to get rid of this advantage. In their minds, they think they can become a big tough SEC team. However neither their coach, fans, or anybody else who has ever jizzed in a jar seem to you understand that this new plodding offensive scheme is like oil and water in terms of their Texas recruiting base and how high school ball is now played in the state  

Good luck, gomers. Y'all are fucked. 

• Like 3

The way I view aggys roster: 

QB: Complete shit show. I don't think Mond or Starkel are the long-term answer. I get the feeling Jimbo will be after a JUCO or transfer this recruiting cycle. 

RB: Williams has some talent. Nobody else is really proven at RB. They lack a big and physical runner that's needed in Jimbo's system. 

OL: Complete shit show. Their tackles will be abused in the SEC in pass pro. 

TE: Sternberger looked decent in the Spring game. Not much after that, so they better keep him healthy because Jimbo's system is reliant on a TE. 

WR: They have talent but very little experience and production. Lots of growing pains coming at WR. Kirk was a huge loss. 

DT: Probably their most talented position group. Keke and Madubuike are good players. 

DE: Complete shit show. No depth and way undersized. Clemons and Durham are going to be abused against teams that can run. 

LBer: Not terrible but not great. Success of that group will be dependent on Alaka who has injury issues. 

CB: Shit show. Go and watch the bowl game last year. 

S/NB: Pryor and Tucker are good players. A lot of issues at strong safety with Okeke and Carper. 

I think A&M"s defense might be better than expected if they stay healthy. Not elite by any means but not a complete dumpster fire. As for the offense, good luck. Completely different system with QBs that can't throw and an OL that can't block. 

Clemson vs A&M will be one of the most hilarious games of the season. Clemson's DL is going to go in dry on A&M's OL. Think Texas vs Arkansas in the bowl game a few years ago. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

I would compare it to the iPhone. Texas A&M is the iPhone - a big brand. We always hear about how new phones are "iPhone Killers" but never kill the iPhone. While these iPhone killers may be more impressive pieces of technology that are more powerful and functional, the iPhone still outsells them big time. Baylor and TCU are those iPhone killers. They may be better on the field, but in the big picture, adding in factors like attendance and recruiting and TV ratings, they don't stack up. Texas A&M is the brand name.

This is my favorite part.

20 hours ago, Forty Acres said:

Without even looking, their 100,000 prideful attendance only came up 75,000 short?

I see they're claiming 48,129 as the official attendance on TexAgs.  I expect that's inflated by at least 50%, so 75K short should be about right.

20 hours ago, Forty Acres said:

Aggy had one small trick in their bag when they went to the SEC SEC SEC.  The uptempo Big 12 style offense full of Big 12 players and Manziel confused the shit out of these teams for a bit. Post Manziel, it remained their only hope to pull off upsets as they could ocassionally put up cheap scores (mostly on the back of Kirk). 

Now they are going out of their way to get rid of this advantage. In their minds, they think they can become a big tough SEC team. However neither their coach, fans, or anybody else who has ever jizzed in a jar seem to you understand that this new plodding offensive scheme is like oil and water in terms of their Texas recruiting base and how high school ball is now played in the state  

Good luck, gomers. Y'all are fucked. 

We all know how this is going to turn out.

976850802fb9e8ae0c3dda32cda2a869.jpg

• Haha 3

On 4/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

This could be asked about practically anything ever written about aggy.

Like this full-page ad in the Austin American-Statesman on Sunday?

The Life-Changing Value of a Texas A&M Education:

Texas A&M University Ranking among Texas Public Universities

#1 Most Affordable College   (business insider 2018)

#1 Best Value School  (US News & World 2018)

#1 Best College for Big Paychecks (Money Mag 2017)

#1 In Lowest % of Students with debt (Tex Higher Ed Coord Board 2017)

#1 Highest Earning Grads (Forbes 2017)

#1 In 6-Yr Graduation Rate (Tex Higher Ed Coord Board 2017)

#1 For Student Involvement (Wall St Journal 2018)

#1 In Enrollment (Tex Higher Ed Coord Board 2017)

#1 Return on Investment in Texas among all public schools (payscale 2015,2016,2017)

Paid for by the Chancellor's Century Council

Well, damn.  I dun graduated from the wrong bestest university in the state of Texas.

P.S.  It shows a picture of a black girl "student" in the ad.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

The payscae.com methodology removes from the calculation all individuals who go on to any post graduate study. It only includes individuals who stop their education after their undergrad degree. 

No doctors, no lawyers, no MBAs, no advanced degrees at all. So higher earners from other institutions are not considered in calculating earnings of school graduates. 

The payscale methodology is skewed to favor schools with large numbers of STEM grads who do not stay in school after obtaining their bachelor degree. Sound like any school we know of? 

When you are essentially a junior college finishing school where one-third of the students complete 30 or more hours at a junior college, of course you are going to have different levels of debt than an actual four-year institution. The students may have slightly lower levels of debt, but they also have lower levels of education. Let's not forget, with a 2.5 at Blinn, you are guaranteed transfer acceptance into Texas A&M (they lowered this to 2.5 just last year). Students with less than a 2.5 are admitted on a case-by-case basis.

With a lower total enrollment, UT Austin confers more undergrad degrees than aggy, more masters degrees and more doctoral degrees. How does aggy explain more actual degrees with lower enrollment while claiming a higher graduation rate? Are aggys graduating without degrees? (the source for these numbers is the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board 2017 Almanac).

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 4

The ags have finally decided that women can walk dogs, thus setting the stage for the recent decision to allow a female to be the head dog walker and school mascot handler. This had lead to the inevitable aggy-on-aggy attacks we find so hilarious.

https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/2945473/1

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2945951/1

It has also lead to the inevitable idiot aggy comments. Not a very enlightened group of little rednecks.

Yell leaders should still be elected and I'll be happy when a deserving lady serves. I think a Latino lady would be best because they are good at yelling.

The Corps and the military used to promote based on experience, skills, and qualifications, but now most are political to appease some demographic so they won't start screaming.

Men and women aren't equal. They never have been and they never will be. God didn't design us that way.
This is nothing but a liberal progressive virtue signal. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. Next it will be campus statues and female Yell Leaders. Before you know it, Texas is blue and Texas A&M is a liberal cesspool just like the school in Austin.

What I do know is that I have half a brain and this smells like liberal snowlflake, liberal progressive admin induced, "look how diverse and inclusive Texas A&M is these days" public relations stunt.

You CT's sure seem to have convenient methods for deciding when something is just "a student organization" and when it's a vital component to national defense.

This selection is outfit internal. Do you really expect us to believe that an outfit that had fought integration vehemently for decades all of sudden just learned the error of their ways and choose a woman?

The coed outfits were seen as lesser or hindered by the physical and emotional limitations presented by most females.

23 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

"You CT's sure seem to have convenient methods for deciding when something is just "a student organization" and when it's a vital component to national defense."

Somebody want to tell that poster that women serve as pilots, divers, on ships, on subs, in infantry, and as Marines? You know, things that are ACTUALLY vital components to national defense.

It is sad that people with an attitude such as this are duped into thinking they are being "shaped into be a leader." These idiots are part of the problem, not the solution, but these attitudes are allowed to fester at Texas A&M. The state of Texas should not be financially supporting the aggy corps in any way. If they want top have their little fraternity, let them pay for it out of their own pockets and move it completely off campus.

Previously, cadets were CHOSEN by their peers and upperclassman who EARNED the privileged of being in leadership positions, the most prestigious being the Mascot Corporal.

Why is this a big deal?

Because this same gerrymandering will be used to force female yell leaders.

I know this is a product of our times. But I have to ask...is anything sacred anymore? What's next? Men in sororities? Women in fraternities?

A&M Traditions will continue to be eroded in the name of progress, while the men who stood in protection of them will be forever forgotten.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2945951/replies/51617753

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

After reading that thread on texags I think I know what it would have been like if there were message boards in the 60s

Back when Rudder was forcing racial and gender integration upon the rednecks (and by doing so, saving the school from ruin), the editor of the school paper wrote an editorial in favor of the plan. He had bricks and balloons filled with ammonia thrown through his dorm window. When Leland McElroy was to be the first non-white football player to start a game (back in 1970) the night before the game, they burned a cross in front of the entrance to his dorm.

You may think you know the level of hatred for women and blacks on the aggy campus in the 1960s, but it was far worse than you can imagine.

And then there was this anecdote from the Texas Monthly bonfire collapse story from not too long ago (the money quote is at the end). The ags are largely a hate-filled bunch of small-minded, ignorant rednecks.  Always have been, always will be.

raDZyPu.jpg