• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Are they really going to get 100K?  Sorry, not in TX, and I know they are delusional, but if they get 100K, the delusion is going to bring some serious lulz
Maybe for the first half. I think they give college credit to any students who show up so that they can fill in the empty areas.

16 minutes ago, Modessit said:
12 hours ago, PhillyD said:
Are they really going to get 100K?  Sorry, not in TX, and I know they are delusional, but if they get 100K, the delusion is going to bring some serious lulz

Maybe for the first half. I think they give college credit to any students who show up so that they can fill in the empty areas.

SEC 101 : Pretending to be excited for another 8th place finish in conference 

12 hours ago, PhillyD said:

Oh, they will be there.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The accounting firm I work for (big 4) heavily recruits all the major Texas universities, mainly Texas, Baylor, aggy and then we fill holes with some random Tech and some random UH kids where appropriate. We have noticed over the last 4-5 years that the quality of candidates from aggy has started to decline pretty rapidly, while the numbers of them has increased greatly. Aggy candidates have always been a little odd, and maybe one out of 5 ends up being a "high-performer", but it has gotten significantly worse. The quality of Texas students is hands down better than any of the others - but there is now a clear gap across the quality of students from the major Texas business schools, and it s something like this. UT>>>>>>>>>>>Baylor>>>>>>>Aggy>>Texas Tech>UH.   

The recruiters this year selected 8-10 students that met gpa requirements that were also otherwise worthy of an offer from UT, which is pretty typical, maybe a bit on the lowside. There is almost a dozen Baylor students.  However - the aggys in my company that recruit other aggy's have identified a pool of almost 30 students that had a gpa of 3.8 or higher.  Grade inflation at aggy is real; half of these kids can barely count to 10, and somehow there are that many almost perfect students? Because the people that make these decisions are idiots - they are intent on bringing in a record number of aggies.

The degree at A&M was never close to that of the flagship university wrt to the business school, but I would be pissed if I was a graduate 10-15 years ago and see the types of kids that are graduating from there now with their gpa's.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I generally left, and spent the day anywhere not named College Station.

There's a really cool POW camp museum in Hearne, along with Penny's Diner (an old airstream style counter cafe). You can have plenty of fun an hour in any direction from College Station. Much more fun that you can have staying in College Station. But, gentle readers, you already knew that, didn't you?

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

The accounting firm I work for (big 4) heavily recruits all the major Texas universities, mainly Texas, Baylor, aggy and then we fill holes with some random Tech and some random UH kids where appropriate. We have noticed over the last 4-5 years that the quality of candidates from aggy has started to decline pretty rapidly, while the numbers of them has increased greatly. Aggy candidates have always been a little odd, and maybe one out of 5 ends up being a "high-performer", but it has gotten significantly worse. The quality of Texas students is hands down better than any of the others - but there is now a clear gap across the quality of students from the major Texas business schools, and it s something like this. UT>>>>>>>>>>>Baylor>>>>>>>Aggy>>Texas Tech>UH.   

The recruiters this year selected 8-10 students that met gpa requirements that were also otherwise worthy of an offer from UT, which is pretty typical, maybe a bit on the lowside. There is almost a dozen Baylor students.  However - the aggys in my company that recruit other aggy's have identified a pool of almost 30 students that had a gpa of 3.8 or higher.  Grade inflation at aggy is real; half of these kids can barely count to 10, and somehow there are that many almost perfect students? Because the people that make these decisions are idiots - they are intent on bringing in a record number of aggies.

The degree at A&M was never close to that of the flagship university wrt to the business school, but I would be pissed if I was a graduate 10-15 years ago and see the types of kids that are graduating from there now with their gpa's.  

So, when you hire an Aggy to count something, how much extra fantasy shit do they add to the totals, on average?

Edited by RDCanecutter

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

There's a really cool POW camp museum in Hearne, along with Penny's Diner (an old airstream style counter cafe). You can have plenty of fun an hour in any direction from College Station. Much more fun that you can have staying in College Station. But, gentle readers, you already knew that, didn't you?

Navasota, Yankee's Tavern in Carlos, of course Snook, Caldwell via Tunis, Hearne (creeped me out, and I've spent time in backwoods Mississippi), Old Dime Box, New Dime Box, even just going a couple of miles away to downtown Bryan, all these little jaunts were my afternoon sanity-restorers.

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

This is true of everything aggy, but they think way too highly of their business school. They think because they place well into the big 4 and send maybe 5 per class to Wall Street that it's on par with McCombs, which obviously isn't true. There's also a weird culture there (again expected of aggy). I had to go into their business building one time and nearly every student in there had shirts plastered with "Mays" (their b-school's name) on them. I can't recall ever seeing that at any other b-school building, and I've been to many.

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Navasota, Yankee's Tavern in Carlos, of course Snook, Caldwell via Tunis, Hearne (creeped me out, and I've spent time in backwoods Mississippi), Old Dime Box, New Dime Box, even just going a couple of miles away to downtown Bryan, all these little jaunts were my afternoon sanity-restorers.

I just spent the night in Navasota last week.....  Good lord that’s a shitty town, no house newer then 25 years old, reminded me of Bloomington it’s that bad.

6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The sad part is driving about an hour north of collie station is Waco, and you are still right it is better.

11 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I recall there being a racist aggy intern at a big 4 firm that got fired not all that long ago but his name just escapes me. darnell simontelli?

22 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Speaking of accounting programs......is this the part of the discussion where we remind everyone that the lead Arthur Andersen partner on the Enron debacle was a proud graduate of....you guessed it.....Texas A&M.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Courtesy of @Longhornfrenzy

DabWQkjUwAEuPj-.jpg

Why would renewing the aggie game be the most watched game of the year in the country? Most people don't know anything about Texas A&M, and nobody outside of Texas watched it before. Plus, we have dominated the series. AND, the game wouldn't be at the end of the season if we were stupid enough to resume the series.

The aggies haven't won a conference championship in 20 years, and nobody on their last national championship team is even still alive, though I do think they recently discovered some fossils from that season along the banks of the Brazos.

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The aggies haven't won a conference championship in 20 years, and nobody on their last national championship team is even still alive, though I do think they recently discovered some fossils from that season along the banks of the Brazos.

No, those turned out to just be feral hog bones.

• Like 1