• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, kopp0e said:

And an otherwise empty "Hall of Champions" trophy case that has national titles for sports that have been played in the future...

Jimbo hates the first two buttons of every shirt he's ever owned. 

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

And an otherwise empty "Hall of Champions" trophy case that has national titles for sports that have been played in the future...

Colby Carthel is my hero! He’s giving Jimbo pointers on how to win a natty like we did (I’m an a&m commerce/ETSU grad) only to realize aggy will never win one. I’ve gotten to know him some over the last few seasons (interned with the athletics department) and had a conversation with him a few months ago about Jimbo receiving the dateless national championship plaque and I told him that it was disrespectful of John Sharp to give Jimbo that plaque because it was stealing Colby‘s thunder.  Here he is, a coach who actually won a national championship and during recognition they give one to Jimbo as well. That’s just like a spoiled kid at someone else’s birthday party who won’t calm down or behave unless they get a birthday present too.

Edited by Longboard Horn
Jimbo ain’t ever winning the natty.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

John Sharp is a doofus and I imagine Colby is aware of that fact.  Just curious, did they make you change your ETSU diploma to an aggy one?  Just in case all of the ETSU grads become war heroes, aggy can claim credit.   Kind of like those 90 day wonders in WWII.

No when I enrolled the school was already A&M Commerce. However, a few of the older alumni that I’ve gotten to know have told me about when they received emails and letters a few years back asking if they wanted to receive a new diploma that said Texas A&M Commerce on it. All of them refused because they simply said, “I didn’t go to Texas A&M Commerce, I went to East Texas State University.”

• Like 3

. That’s just like a spoiled kid at someone else’s birthday party who won’t calm down or behave unless they get a birthday present too.

My kids are NOT spoiled, but my wife's sister always buys my kids a present whenever they attend a party for someone else who is receiving a present so they won't get upset/jealous (which they don't). My kids (4 and 2) of course love it.

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

No when I enrolled the school was already A&M Commerce. However, a few of the older alumni that I’ve gotten to know have told me about when they received emails and letters a few years back asking if they wanted to receive a new diploma that said Texas A&M Commerce on it. All of them refused because they simply said, “I didn’t go to Texas A&M Commerce, I went to East Texas State University.”

Those alums had an Earl Campbell mindset.  Since Earl played for the Houston Oilers,  he did not want to be any part of Tennessee Titan history after Bud Adams left Houston.   I believe Earl said something like "I played for Houston, not Tennessee."  Good for those alums.  

10 minutes ago, Modessit said:

My kids are NOT spoiled, but my wife's sister always buys my kids a present whenever they attend a party for someone else who is receiving a present so they won't get upset/jealous (which they don't). My kids (4 and 2) of course love it.

It’s fitting as hell that’s in an aggy thread.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Jimbo hates the first two buttons of every shirt he's ever owned. 

That will likely keep him out of politics within the Lone Star State once he retires from his 10 year contract at A&M with his multiple division runner up titles in hand..!

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Colby Carthel is my hero! He’s giving Jimbo pointers on how to win a natty like we did (I’m an a&m commerce/ETSU grad) only to realize aggy will never win one. I’ve gotten to know him some over the last few seasons (interned with the athletics department) and had a conversation with him a few months ago about Jimbo receiving the dateless national championship plaque and I told him that it was disrespectful of John Sharp to give Jimbo that plaque because it was stealing Colby‘s thunder.  Here he is, a coach who actually won a national championship and during recognition they give one to Jimbo as well. That’s just like a spoiled kid at someone else’s birthday party who won’t calm down or behave unless they get a birthday present too.

The sad thing is you can tell (at the time), Jimbo wasn't yet fully immersed within the aggy culture to understand that "future title(s) matter", as he looks befuddled of the situation, but in that case what do you do..? Tell your boss he is a nimrod for making the case where opposing coaches can use this as a recruiting tactic, as that's all that was accomplished... No respectable Texas athlete is going to go ask the coaches at aggy to let them see the "faux title trophy"... #AggyGonnaAggy...

Edited by kopp0e

aggy whining about Tech wanting to get a Vet school

Our mission at the Texas A&M System is to do what the Coordinating Board and Legislature expects of one of the finest veterinary schools on earth. And that's exactly what we are doing —without throwing tax dollars away on something that is not needed.

If there is some kind of rivalry between Tech and A&M, somebody forgot to tell us

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Colby should have round house kicked Jimbo and John Sharp for that disrespectful bullshit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I don't know how someone with any intellect looks at this graphic and shares Chef Terry's view that A&M has the best business school in the country. They didn't even have enough highly ranked programs for Price to tweet out a graphic that could somehow portray Mays as the best business school in the country. Hell, they put the 12th best public management program on that graphic and the 20th best public business program overall on there. Damn pathetic. I guess that's quintessentially aggy though, so it's appropriate. Mays is a good business school, but McCombs is much better. Mays' reputation is built on sending enough accounting/PPA graduates with inflated grades into the big 4 to stay relevant. Even with that convoluted strategy, McCombs still produces better accounting/MPA graduates, and the salary data shows it. 

11 hours ago, Modessit said:

I hate to break it to you but your kids have been trained by you and your wife’s behavior to expect a present for themselves every time they go to someone elses’s birthday.   I imagine if they went to a birthday and did not get their own present they would throw a fit.

There is a word for kids like that......

Does anyone have pics of Professor Klump trying to pass off boiled shoe leather as the #yessirbbq, or whatever stupid catchphrase he used?

Certainly not the first time that he’s grossly misrepresented the quality of an aggy endeavor.

16 minutes ago, Player said:

Does anyone have pics of Professor Klump trying to pass off boiled shoe leather as the #yessirbbq, or whatever stupid catchphrase he used?

Certainly not the first time that he’s grossly misrepresented the quality of an aggy endeavor.

They really should hire Taylor Hamm to cook for their events. He could mix his recruiting skills with this cooking skills. It would be awesome. 

2qm3vyx.png

I hate to break it to you but your kids have been trained by you and your wife’s behavior to expect a present for themselves every time they go to someone elses’s birthday.   I imagine if they went to a birthday and did not get their own present they would throw a fit.

There is a word for kids like that......

Nope. They've been to 5 birthday parties in the past month either for friends or kids on my side of the family and got no presents and didn't expect any or throw a fit. They only attend parties on my wife's side maybe once a year and I always tell them not to get them a gift but they do anyway - I guess because my wife's side isn't close to each other and they only see my kids once or twice a year.

They unethically took control of a nuclear facility in a time of great geopolitical perturbation.  And no Sec. Perry, that word doesn't mean Utter-Masturbation you small, small human being.  This will be yet another shameful chapter.  I'm sure my first threatening phone call will come shortly...