• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Sorry to get off topic, but keep getting neg repped for a comment awhile back, and want to add---keep it coming.  I only went to UT for two years and wasn't in any student organizations and am not from Texas originally---so neg away.  Want to see if I can go negative (in terms of rep points) with this thing before I take on any other roles with the university.  I've also learned that talking about colleges in the college world series is frowned upon.  Someday I'll get some street cred with UT.  Until then, I do like the sarcasm on this board.  
Still a bitch? Quit whining. It never works.

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

I never thought I'd get so much shit for defending A&M.  I love it.  Kisses demos, kisses.  

At this point you are getting negged for whining about it so fucking much and refusing to let it go. You sound like a woman who insists on getting in the last word. Just stop.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He turned around Nauset Regional High School by the tripling the number of victories between his first and second seasons (1-10 to 3-8). That's no fluke. He'll be bringing back the Alouettes in similar style before taking the head coaching job at Eisenhower Middle School in San Antonio to restore the Generals to district dominance!

The Sherman Tank (a nickname generated by the nickname obsessed Aggies that never really caught on due to lack of success). Selected after a thorough search of Harris County by Texas A&M University, Aggies predicted great things. How impressed recruits would be that he coached Brett Favre to greatness! He might even bring his protege, Favre, to College Station to impress recruits! tu shakes in their boots as they know their end is nigh! This guy is no-nonsense, tough and accomplished!

Sherman was fired in a driveway similar to the way Fredo was shot in a boat on a lake. He was replaced by a cool coach of color who gets the young negroes and plays the rap music at practice. He made A&M the cool school with the swag copter and a lot of flash. The t-sips shook in their boots for fear that Sumlin and admission to the SEC would soon finish the Longhorns false pretenses at being a big deal school. Swag, baby! Aggies considered offering break dance classes in Fish Camp until Sumlin said, "Nah. I don't think so."

Sumlin was fired in favor of a no nonsense, no rap music, no cross-eyed-QB-improperly-handing-off-the-ball Jimbo Fisher. tu shakes in their boots...when will they ever learn?

In Canada and Arizona, former coaches count their money. The sting of being fired is long gone sort of like being deported from Chernobyl. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 2:14 PM, Willard the wildebeest said:

The Aggys at work are way to giddy about their number 2 recruiting rating... It's like they don't know what's going to happen....

Agreed, I would get that plaque ordered now if I was them so can at least say... "well, at the time we were #2".... to which we say we agree, they are forever number 2 to us

From their 247 board. The roller coaster keeps on going (context - A&M fans are getting catty with 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong):

Steve,

I wanted to chime in on this thread.

What the average fan around the country doesn't realize is how powerful Texas A&M has become. We are one of the top 5 universities in the US in size. 66.000 students at the main campus and continuing to grow at a record pace. The State of Texas is the 10th or 11th largest economy in the world by itself. As the economy continues to boom in Texas the University will grow with it. People are moving into the state at an amazing clip. You have to finish in the top 8% of your high school class to even be considered to be admitted to the school. A&M has the most Fortune 100 CEO's of all the schools in the country. So its generating smart successful graduates. All that money eventually comes back to the university.

Jimbo left Florida State because he sees the future. Florida is a poor state compared to Texas. He was limited there. There is no ceiling at Texas A&M. Nothing but big time upside. You are at the largest school in the most powerful state in the US. A&M was an all military school with 7,000 students and no girls back in the 1970's. That's why the sports history is limited. When you combine Academics, Resources, Traditions, and an unlimited future A&M is arguably the best football job (not program yet) in America. That is why the football revenue has been at the top the last few years. Some of these football programs that you would think is a better opportunity than A&M are not even close when you combine everything mentioned above. So the point is don't think A&M cant be an elite program. Its just beginning.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You have to finish in the top 8% of your high school class to even be considered to be admitted to the school.

Well that's just flat out a lie.

1. Top 10% Admits

Freshman applicants qualify for automatic top 10% admission (but not necessarily to the major of choice) if they:

• attend a recognized public or private high school in Texas, and
  • rank in the top 10% of their graduating class on or before the application deadline, and
  • satisfy the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy, and
  • successfully complete the recommended or distinguished graduation plan*, and
  • ensure all required documents are received by the application deadline.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

And that's just for automatic admission.

Someone help me out here as I'mstruggling to understand something...if their sports history is so limited due to the lact of females until the 1970s then why is their only national championship from 1939, when there were no females?  If having females on campus helps the football team win more games then why is there only success post female inclusion due solely to rampant cheating?

38 minutes ago, skipperj said:

Well that's just flat out a lie.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

And that's just for automatic admission.

Far more important than that or academic standing in general is the number of people who attend. Texas A&M now has the largest enrollment in the country! To show you how important this is, they share the top five with Florida and Ohio State! Only the elite are in this elite category.

The other two? Why the great, respected powerhouses known as Central Florida and Florida International! They, too, are sleeping giants in a populous state!  Liberty University was in this cream della cream just a few short years ago.

Aim high, Aggies! Jimbo didn't come for the money; he came for the future of unlimited upside.

ps tu is irrelevant at #7.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

From their 247 board. The roller coaster keeps on going (context - A&M fans are getting catty with 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong):

For the semester starting January 1970, the enrollment at A&M was just over 14,000. As far as the admission of women, in 2013 the school celebrated the 50th anniversary of the admission of women. https://today.tamu.edu/2013/08/27/texas-am-to-commemorate-50th-anniversary-of-admission-of-women-minority-inclusiveness/

They quit being a "military school" and became a university with a ROTC program in 1963.

As far as a large enrollment being a driving force for excellence, the largest undergraduate enrollment in the U.S. is the Univ of Central Florida with over 55,000 undergrads. Harvard has just over 6,600 undergrads. Wake Forest has just under 5,000 (swidt?)

Those stupid fuckers just make up facts to suit their needs.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Make some room in the freezer, Cletus.

Too bad they don't have the Texas Owls on their schedule this fall.

Poor dog's gotta a lot of lopsided scoreboards to see from the collie graveyard

Edited by texifornia

11 minutes ago, sdm said:

"Texas Owls" - You got a chuckle out of me Randolph.

I'm sure those rednecks will take that comment as absolute evidence that I hate the U.S. military. I'm already on eBay trying to find a cheap catering box truck to make my get-a-way in.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

A dog that pampered only made it to 12?  They were definitely fucking that dog leading to an early death.

Yet more evidence that Tech needs a vet school

And blame LSU, Bama and Wake Forest. Those are the schools that fucked aggy the hardest.

Edited by Randolph Duke

28 minutes ago, Deej said:

Going on 7 years of their 100 year decision, and nothing has changed, nor will it. 

Well, in aggy's defense, it's expected to take 100 years before the transition to the new conference (SEC), from the old league (XII), actually takes it's "full" affect...

In other words, no aggy alive today will be around to see any gains made from looking to leave it's place as mediocre in the XII, to it's rightful place as mediocre in the SEC...