• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Going on 7 years of their 100 year decision, and nothing has changed, nor will it. 

Well they definitely fucked themselves financially for another 100 years for some rhinestone cowboy from Florida...so something has changed...for the worse, again. 

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

A dog that pampered only made it to 12?  They were definitely fucking that dog leading to an early death.

That’s 84 in human years. And she didn’t see them win a national championship in those 84 years.

About the same amount of time since a human has seen them win a national championship. 

• Like 6

Agreed, I would get that plaque ordered now if I was them so can at least say... "well, at the time we were #2".... to which we say we agree, they are forever number 2 to us
Alabama and Auburn and LSU will allow their recruiting lands for a bit, until they collectively lose to aggy. It's a 5 year watch and see with them and the SEC.

SMU knows.
  • Like 1

My dad once worked with a young aggy lass who called in sick one day to attend some sort of a funeral or ceremony for a past incarnation of the aggy dog mascot.  Word got out and their boss was not pleased.  Almost got her ass fired going to the funeral of a dog.

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

My dad once worked with a young aggy lass who called in sick one day to attend some sort of a funeral or ceremony for a past incarnation of the aggy dog mascot.  Word got out and their boss was not pleased.  Almost got her ass fired going to the funeral of a dog.

Especially when she just could have watched the funeral on PetFlix!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Modessit said:
4 hours ago, 'stache said:
A dog that pampered only made it to 12?  They were definitely fucking that dog leading to an early death.

It's a vet school that worships the number 12. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the bitch didn't make it to 13.

they wouldn't.... not even aggy.... that's not even full aggy.... that's..... evil.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Oh, and "SEC ready" always makes me chuckle when their best season ever was with players selected to play big 12 ball.

Exactly. You would think they'd be self-aware enough to hold off on the unironic "SEC ready" drivel until they field a team of guys who voluntarily chose an SEC school to do something on the field.

But, it's aggy, so...

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

What ever happened to the cement swimming hole in plans front of Kroger stadium? I was hoping they would build it and Ebola might break out? 

Do you mean their lovely cement re-taining pond? I think that got put on hold until after they clean out all the raw sewage from the existing campus re-taining ponds that serve as water hazards on the golf course.

https://i.imgur.com/C1qwZto.jpg

33 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"Bruin student newspaper of all places looking at possibly collusion between Sec. Perry and UC System on Los Alamos.  The plot thickens..."

So does his hair. 

well played.  I don't know what's more lush, his bouffant or my bar tab whenever I'm in the same room as he.

4 hours ago, sdm said:

C'mon Earl you know damn well the yell leaders are more akin to the effeminate collie as opposed to the rough and tumble old sarge. Our branding must remain consistent. 

To this day, this is still the manliest thing I've ever seen. It takes a real man to pull a sword on an unarmed cheerleader

TAMUBand.gif

2 hours ago, Texas25 said:

To this day, this is still the manliest thing I've ever seen. It takes a real man to pull a sword on an unarmed cheerleader

TAMUBand.gif

General George Patton:  Give me an army of Texas aggy, and I’ll fill a jizz jar.  Give me a handful of SMU cheerleaders, I’ll kick fake army’s ass!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

Bruin student newspaper of all places looking at possibly collusion between Sec. Perry and UC System on Los Alamos.  The plot thickens...

When A&M made it into that deal you had to know that was a Perry cronyism special thru and thru. 

Reminds me of everyone at both MD Anderson and the system that interviewed Dr. DePinho saying he wasn't the guy and didn't have the management experience for the job and Perry, with his Regents, hiring him anyway. 

On 6/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, Randolph Duke said:

For the semester starting January 1970, the enrollment at A&M was just over 14,000. As far as the admission of women, in 2013 the school celebrated the 50th anniversary of the admission of women. https://today.tamu.edu/2013/08/27/texas-am-to-commemorate-50th-anniversary-of-admission-of-women-minority-inclusiveness/

They quit being a "military school" and became a university with a ROTC program in 1963.

As far as a large enrollment being a driving force for excellence, the largest undergraduate enrollment in the U.S. is the Univ of Central Florida with over 55,000 undergrads. Harvard has just over 6,600 undergrads. Wake Forest has just under 5,000 (swidt?)

Those stupid fuckers just make up facts to suit their needs.

They first allowed women in 1963?  Seems like they may want to go back to being an all-boys school.

aggy prior to 1963 - .611 winning percentage, 9 conference championships, 1 national championship, 1 bowl ban

aggy 1963 and after - .592 winning percentage, 9 conference championships*, 0 national championships, 3 bowl bans

* excludes Kyle Field claimed conference championships for 1997 and 2010 and any halftime wins claimed by The Premiere In-State SEC Goose-stepping Band.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Arcane Texas Fact of the Day:

On December 26, 1993, Reveille VI, the future Texas A&M mascot, was kidnapped from her handler's family home in Dallas. She was four months old.

Both Reveille V and VI were staying with Mascot Corporal John Lively's family's home in Dallas ahead of the New Year's Day Cotton Bowl game against Notre Dame. Reveille VI was let outside in the fenced backyard early in the morning, according to The Bryan-College Station Eagle newspaper. When a family member went to let her back in the house, she was gone.

Lively and other E-2 cadets spent the next few days searching for Reveille before notifying A&M officials on Dec. 29. The alleged kidnappers, who called themselves the "Rustlers," contacted the Austin-American Statesman and demanded a ransom: "A&M had to publicly announce that Reveille had been stolen and state that UT was superior to A&M," according to The Eagle.

Reveille was valued at more than $750 so her abduction was classified as a third-degree felony punishable by two to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

The puppy was returned Dec. 31. She was found tied to a sign post near Lake Travis. It was the first time an A&M mascot had been stolen by a rival school.

22 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

They first allowed women in 1963?  Seems like they may want to go back to being an all-boys school.

aggy prior to 1963 - .611 winning percentage, 9 conference championships, 1 national championship, 1 bowl ban

aggy 1963 and after - .592 winning percentage, 9 conference championships*, 0 national championships, 3 bowl bans

* excludes Kyle Field claimed conference championships for 1997 and 2010 and any halftime wins claimed by The Premiere In-State SEC Goose-stepping Band.

This needs to be placed in @aggypedia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

The puppy was returned Dec. 31. She was found tied to a sign post near Lake Travis. It was the first time an A&M mascot had been stolen by a rival school.

I remember that incident well...but I do not recall UT stole their stupid mascot, it was just some dudes.

13 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

TCEH continues to be a thorn in the gomers side. Well played you taco tossing rubes.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2018/06/26/texas-tech-am-play-high-stakes-texas-hold-em-build-new-veterinary-school

A&M sounds ridiculous in this. Of course having two schools would duplicate their efforts, isn't that the entire idea? Is it somehow bad to have more than one school teaching something? I don't get the logic at all. What sense does it make to force people to move hundreds of miles across the state to learn to do things that are required in the local area? 

Edited by Valmy77

23 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

TCEH continues to be a thorn in the gomers side. Well played you taco tossing rubes.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2018/06/26/texas-tech-am-play-high-stakes-texas-hold-em-build-new-veterinary-school

Obstructing a region's needs via profits from resources derived in the region could raise a lot of hullabaloo.

iswtdt

• Like 1