Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:
22 hours ago, Lobo said:
They're actually still a pretty good university.  Gotta give 'em that.  

Actually 15 years ago they were a decent technical school. Now their graduates are indistinguishable from Lamar, UTEP, Blinn, or UTRGV. I have several aggy engineers in my group but won't be hiring any more. And it really is because they are a diploma mill now.

aggy culture produces graduates with well defined weaknesses in their educations. Their obsessiveness toward their perceived importance of bonding social capital discourages aggys from questioning authority. aggys are taught to be obsequious, submissive and to accept all teachings as fact. As a result they lack intellectual curiosity and an ability to perform basic critical thinking.

This defect is not as much a hindrance in areas where rote learning is employed. aggys do well as engineering disciplines where memorizing formulas and code rules. Where aggy suck is when they are called on to determine if the facts they have been given are correct, or in situations where they need to process incomplete information and arrive at a reasoned conclusion. 

They struggle when they have to deal with other cultures, when creatively is needed or when independent thought is required. 

In those narrow areas such as simple application of hard sciences, an aggy can be quite capable. But when intellectual thought is required, the aggy culture and aggy as a school produces some of the most useless individuals to every be granted a diploma. 

aggy is pretty much a technical trade school for mid to lower level white collar professionals, and for higher trained blue collar professionals in select industries. People wanting a broad, intellectual education do not even consider aggy. Those who want a degree that gives them a shot at making $100k some day without having to use their brains flock to aggy. 

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I lived in Louisiana for 12 years - mid 90s to 2008 and I never saw an “SEC” sticker on a car or anything. Only ever saw the SEC logo during conference championship games!
The love of conference is only aggy.

If asked a LSU fan to root for Bama et. all. in a Bowl game or other nationally prominent game - It would’ve been HELL NO!!!! Should’ve been us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I lived in Louisiana for 12 years - mid 90s to 2008 and I never saw an “SEC” sticker on a car or anything. Only ever saw the SEC logo during conference championship games!

If asked a LSU fan to root for Bama et. all. in a Bowl game or other nationally prominent game - It would’ve been HELL NO!!!! Should’ve been us!

Sounds as if those fans have common sense, only aggy is all in on the "If we lose we still win" motto...

media.nl?id=34261&c=4510185&h=2a4d617ecb

3 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

If asked a LSU fan to root for Bama et. all. in a Bowl game or other nationally prominent game - It would’ve been HELL NEAUX!!!! Should’ve been us!

Fify 

19 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy culture produces graduates with well defined weaknesses in their educations. Their obsessiveness toward their perceived importance of bonding social capital discourages aggys from questioning authority. aggys are taught to be obsequious, submissive and to accept all teachings as fact. As a result they lack intellectual curiosity and an ability to perform basic critical thinking.

This defect is not as much a hindrance in areas where rote learning is employed. aggys do well as engineering disciplines where memorizing formulas and code rules. Where aggy suck is when they are called on to determine if the facts they have been given are correct, or in situations where they need to process incomplete information and arrive at a reasoned conclusion. 

They struggle when they have to deal with other cultures, when creatively is needed or when independent thought is required. 

In those narrow areas such as simple application of hard sciences, an aggy can be quite capable. But when intellectual thought is required, the aggy culture and aggy as a school produces some of the most useless individuals to every be granted a diploma. 

aggy is pretty much a technical trade school for mid to lower level white collar professionals, and for higher trained blue collar professionals in select industries. People wanting a broad, intellectual education do not even consider aggy. Those who want a degree that gives them a shot at making $100k some day without having to use their brains flock to aggy. 

Like everywhere else, they are home to some terrific individuals, as well as losers. 

Accompanying article:

Jeff Tarpley: Roster breakdown: O'Neal brings a mean disposition to safety

Roster breakdown: O'Neal brings a mean disposition to safety
ByJEFF TARPLEY 2 hours ago

Gigem 247 is taking a look at the Texas A&M roster player by player over the next few weeks. We’re taking a look at each player’s background, their strengths and weaknesses, and what to look for from them when the Aggies begin fall camp in early August in anticipation of Jimbo Fisher’s first season at the helm. This particular write up is on Aggies’ freshman safety Leon O'Neal.

The Cy Springs product chose the Aggies over offers from LSU, TCU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, Ole Miss, Clemson, and Southern Cal in the spring of 2017. However, he added drama to the process when Clemson and Alabama made late runs at him and at one point it looked like that he might be flipping to Clemson. Even so, the Aggies eventually got him back into the fold around national signing day and in time for him to put his name on the dotted line. He had 86 tackles, four pass breakups, 2.5 tackles for loss, and two forced fumbles as a junior and followed that up with 78 tackles, four tackles for loss, five pass breakups, and five forced fumbles in 2017.

O’Neal has the requisite size and speed for the safety position. In addition, he has a lot of length so that instead of a catch radius he has a defense radius in terms of intercepting passes, breaking them up, or slinging ball carriers down. On film, he has great speed and range and even when he doesn’t get a great jump on a deep ball he can make up for it by running it down.

More importantly, O’Neal has really good closing speed. He is a very physical player who likes to lower his shoulder and deliver blows. In addition, he really seems to enjoy hitting people and when he contacts them, they tend to go down hard. In addition (and as evidenced by seven forced fumbles in two seasons) there’s a decent chance that the ball will get stripped or go the opposite direction.

O’Neal also has the quick feet to avoid blocks near the line of scrimmage. He can play like a linebacker or even deeper as a centerfielder to come up and deliver blows. He’s well coordinated and can absorb blows and continue to ball carriers. He takes good angles to the ballcarrier and plays from inside–out so that he makes plays in the alley and doesn’t overrun them. He is a fluid athlete who can flip his hips almost like a corner. The biggest question with regard to O’Neal is if he is a better centerfielder or in the box player? He is sufficiently physical that people tend to think that he’s someone who needs to be near the line of scrimmage.

Overall, O’Neal who can do just about everything you want at the position regardless of what defense you run. Most defenses move their safeties in and out of the box in order to disguise coverages and he should be able to do both of those items. In addition, he plays with a nasty, aggressive disposition and he develops the remainder of his game then he should make an impact early on special teams and as a backup on the back end of the defense

Sorry to get off topic, but keep getting neg repped for a comment awhile back, and want to add---keep it coming.  I only went to UT for two years and wasn't in any student organizations and am not from Texas originally---so neg away.  Want to see if I can go negative (in terms of rep points) with this thing before I take on any other roles with the university.  I've also learned that talking about colleges in the college world series is frowned upon.  Someday I'll get some street cred with UT.  Until then, I do like the sarcasm on this board.  

Edited by Lobo

Sorry to get off topic, but keep getting neg repped for a comment awhile back, and want to add---keep it coming.  I only went to UT for two years and wasn't in any student organizations and am not from Texas originally---so neg away.  Want to see if I can go negative (in terms of rep points) with this thing before I take on any other roles with the university.  I've also learned that talking about colleges in the college world series is frowned upon.  Someday I'll get some street cred with UT.  Until then, I do like the sarcasm on this board.  

Still whining about rep?

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

A-grade cuck post...👌

Edited by Texas25

Jtfc shut the fuck up.

This is the shit that makes people not like you.