• Replies 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

https://www.cfbhourglass.com/home/2018/6/28/after-further-review-did-texas-am-athletics-director-scott-woodward-do-all-his-homework-on-jimbo-fisher

Secondly it is to note Fishers record in Top 25 ball games and project that to College Station. 

With Top five talent at Florida State, he only won those ball games 57 percent of the time. At Texas A&M, he starts off with a less talented roster and will likely play more Top 25 games. 

From 2010 to 2017, the Aggies played 18 more Top 25, opponents, almost doubling up Florida State in that category. If you project Fisher's 57 percent over the same number of games, that means he would finish 22-16 over the next eight years. 

Compare that to a guy like Saban, Meyer or Dabo and again it's not even close. 

You have to beg the question of if Jimbo couldn't win more than 57 percent of Top 25 games with the 5th best roster talent in the country - how can he best that at a place that will play double the amount of Top 25 games? 

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://www.cfbhourglass.com/home/2018/6/28/after-further-review-did-texas-am-athletics-director-scott-woodward-do-all-his-homework-on-jimbo-fisher

Secondly it is to note Fishers record in Top 25 ball games and project that to College Station. 

With Top five talent at Florida State, he only won those ball games 57 percent of the time. At Texas A&M, he starts off with a less talented roster and will likely play more Top 25 games. 

From 2010 to 2017, the Aggies played 18 more Top 25, opponents, almost doubling up Florida State in that category. If you project Fisher's 57 percent over the same number of games, that means he would finish 22-16 over the next eight years. 

You have to beg the question of if Jimbo couldn't win more than 57 percent of Top 25 games with the 5th best roster talent in the country - how can he best that at a place that will play double the amount of Top 25 games? 

Jimbo came to the ACC when Clemson wasn't good, Miami sucked, and Florida (SEC, but the main in-state recruiting rival) sucked.  Once Clemson got going and Louisville hired Petrino, he was average. 10-10 in his last 20 conference games.  And he had stacked rosters.

Some people forget back when Clemson was Clemsoning and Louisville was in the Big East, that division was a fucking cake walk. Then when Clemson got better and Louisville showed up, Jimbo didn't look so hot anymore. 

Edited by UTEX_ME
basically what Sack said.

I’m not a fan of either place, but that shit right there is severely deranged and idiotic.

Austin MSA is growing like a mofo, with a much larger base of population and diversity of economy.

College Station MSA is growing too, but they’re starting from shit.  Will always be shit too.

Nobody outside of aggy alumni would ever want to be sent there to live.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Dgzq1SdVMAAo0sL.jpg

What the ever-loving shit is this asshole trying to say?

UT will suffer because it is located in one of the fastest-growing and most popular urban areas in the US? And the "shrinking of rural communities" trend will benefit aggy? 

What is the purported causal mechanism here? 

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

UT will suffer because it is located in one of the fastest-growing and most popular urban areas in the US? And the "shrinking of rural communities" trend will benefit aggy? 

same as it always is, aggy stupid

On 6/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, Randolph Duke said:

UT grad steals Aggie mascot, tells epic story

By Mary Tuma

In 1993, under the pseudonym "Bob," Neil Andrew Sheffield stole Reveille, the Texas A&M University mascot. Today, "Bob" wants the truth - a humorous tale of kidnapping, evading the law and paranoia that forced him to change his name - to be told.

After the kidnapping, the then-architectural engineering major told his story under his pseudonym to Daily Texan reporter Phil Van der Slice. The event was so controversial that the University pressured Van der Slice to reveal the identities of the culprits.

"It was really stressful, and there came a point when the dean of students threatened to kick me out of the University," said Van der Slice. "But being the young reporter that I was, I couldn't reveal my sources."

Reveille has been the official mascot of Texas A&M since 1931. In addition to being present at major athletic events, she is a five-star general and outranks even the highest member of the A&M Corps. According to current handler, political science major Pierce Hunter, Reveille enjoys her celebrity status on campus.

"She's a princess, and she knows it," Hunter said.

During his time at UT-Austin, Sheffield read an article in the Dallas Morning News that glorified the Texas A&M mascot and read like a "PR campaign," he said. The article provoked him to take action, particularly one line that claimed A&M was the only team in the Southwest Conference who had never had their mascot stolen, he said.

"They thought they were God's gift to man," he said
'It was like robbing Fort Knox'

Sheffield's friend Kevin Kwast introduced him to Paul Murray, another UT student who had voiced interest in kidnapping the purebred pooch.

"Paul did all the research, he knew where the dog was staying and how she was being taken care of," Sheffield said.

In the fall of 1993, Sheffield and Murray learned that the collie's handler, A&M student Jim Lively, would be in Dallas for the A&M football game against Texas Christian University. About 30 others, mostly UT band members, joined forces with the two students. The plan was to split up into small groups to overpower Lively and snatch the dog.

Reveille wasn’t kidnapped, they just ran out of aggy corps dog sitters.

Edited by tx ind

With the shrinking rural areas, it'll be easier for aggy to sell that house in Katy to another aggy. Advantage aggy.

They keep forgetting to mention that aggy has nowhere near Top 5 talent. Or Top 25 talent. Therefore their "Top 5 vs Top 25 = 57%" theory doesn't apply. It'll be more like "Top 50 vs Top 25 = 38%" - if they're lucky.

Plus you could argue that since the Noles played less Top 25 games they had more time in between to prepare for them which gave them a better opportunity to win. Playing 6 in a row like aggy may end up doing isn't going to do Jimbo any favors.

7 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Some people forget back when Clemson was Clemsoning and Louisville was in the Big East, that division was a fucking cake walk. Then when Clemson got better and Louisville showed up, Jimbo didn't look so hot anymore. 

Agreed, and it was still Florida State's division to lose for the most part as the team still had better athletes than Clemson, but Dabo figured how to outcoach the 'Noles...

14 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

my vet went to Mississippi st and she was awesome . however she has since moved back now i have an aggy . he's meh .

In Florida you don't come across many Aggy vets, thankfully. Mine went to UF and most out here did, with UGA and Auburn vet grads in the mix as well. Better than the Aggy vet I had back in Dallas

48 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

In Florida you don't come across many Aggy vets, thankfully

I thought all aggys fought in the war...

Fuckers engage logic and reason in hand to hand combat on a daily basis.

ohh... not that kind of vet?

Edited by slorch

14 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

You're not listening. Austin is bordered by hispanics to the south and sparsely populated areas to the north and west, whereas aggy is bordered by east Texas which is close to the SEC.  These incontrovertible facts augur the coming collapse of Austin and the inevitable rise of aggy to its rightful place on the throne. Whoop!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Austin is at a geographic disadvantage because of Mexicans is what I read.  And College Station will generate morre fan support due to its ability to stay pure to it’s Arian ethnic culture. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight......these people actually believe that pivoting away from the economic greatness that is Texas and aligning yourself with the non-Atlanta part of the Southeast is a winning strategy? All because they couldn't effectively differentiate their university from Texas Tech? RD is right......A&M isn't producing graduates that can effectively reason beyond a 5th grade level. Neither can the media apparently, because they keep running the same articles from the Fran era, just changing the names, conference, and dollar figures. 

SEC fans see the Aggies as the same as themselves? Any SEC fans want to confirm that you see yourself as identical to Aggies except you have more accomplishments? 

By the way I have been hearing about our decline and desperation in the face of the glorious A&M rise for over 30 years now. The narrative is the same they just have to shift around the details a bit. I mean I suppose a glorious A&M rise would bother me if the entire point of UT was to be better than A&M but generally we have other goals.

Edited by Valmy77

I didn't realize I had some many oenophile brethren to our North.  This changes everything at the state fair.  Fuck tepid light beer in wax cups.  There's a goddamn Cab Franc tasting at booth 12.  

SEC fans see the Aggies as the same as themselves? Any SEC fans want to confirm that you see yourself as identical to Aggies except you have more accomplishments? 

By the way I have been hearing about our decline and desperation in the face of the glorious A&M rise for over 30 years now. The narrative is the same they just have to shift around the details a bit. I mean I suppose a glorious A&M rise would bother me if the entire point of UT was to be better than A&M but generally we have other goals.

Aggy, don’t incorporate us into your stupid shit. We’re nothing like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

So let me get this straight......these people actually believe that pivoting away from the economic greatness that is Texas and aligning yourself with the non-Atlanta part of the Southeast is a winning strategy? All because they couldn't effectively differentiate their university from Texas Tech? RD is right......A&M isn't producing graduates that can effectively reason beyond a 5th grade level. Neither can the media apparently, because they keep running the same articles from the Fran era, just changing the names, conference, and dollar figures. 

It's already working!  Haven't you seen all the trophies that other SEC schools have won!  The success in undeniable!