• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Someone said that Njork story of going behind the back of everyone was made up. I’m not sure I believe that either. 

But here’s what’s happening—media folks are skewering aggy fans for blowing this up because they like Stoops/the hire. 

This is hilarious. 

And it doesn’t seem like Elko was ever in the mix. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Apparently, it was Fisch, then Bjork went behind everyone else's back to contact his friend Stoops. He did the deal without any signoff from the BOR or president. Don't be surprised if Bjork is gone before a new coach is hired. 

This is going to be the shitshow we all knew and hoped it would be.

Fisch or Traylor is exactly the type you need to hire after wasting all that money on Jimbo. High upside guys that you can easily get rid of if it doesn't work out. Lower costs since you're having to pay that Jimbo buyout for a while. So who do you go with now? Try to make a play for Dabo? He's not leaving Clemson and you would have to Jimbo him to get him out of there. Day isn't leaving. That's a job that you either come back with your shield or on it. You don't leave there for aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Apparently, it was Fisch, then Bjork went behind everyone else's back to contact his friend Stoops. He did the deal without any signoff from the BOR or president. Don't be surprised if Bjork is gone before a new coach is hired. 

Any coach worth a shit wouldn’t take a job without knowing who the AD is.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hornstrader said:

aggy will make history by announcing the hiring of their next head football grifter and the firing of their AD in the same press conference 

It would actually be amazing if they fire Bjork over this, and then say they want the new AD to make the hire.. after they hire a new AD. It would be search inception with someone saying that they need to spend 100 mil on CDC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

It would actually be amazing if they fire Bjork over this, and then say they want the new AD to make the hire.. after they hire a new AD. It would be search inception with someone saying that they need to spend 100 mil on CDC.

They don't have time for that. The portal opens on Dec 4. They have got to get a coach in there this week and try to keep as much of the group together as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure I believe all that truly happened, but it is aggy after all.

Having some advance knowledge of the Herman fire prior to media becoming aware of it I can say from my one BMD source they have a ton of sway. If Bjork did go behind their backs on this he’s gone. The big announcement was supposed to happen sometime in the next 30 or so hours. I can see Elko already but would have thought he’d be a best case outside Traylor or fisch or whatever

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Having some advance knowledge of the Herman fire prior to media becoming aware of it I can say from my one BMD source they have a ton of sway. If Bjork did go behind their backs on this he’s gone. The big announcement was supposed to happen sometime in the next 30 or so hours. 

If it does indeed turn out to be Fisch and Bjork tried to fuck it up, I could see the aggy BMD's firing his ass and leaving him on the tarmac, Lane Kiffin style.  Or cancelling his travel cards and forcing him to hitchhike home from Lexington.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mdmost said:

It's not even a Rodney Terry situation. He gets the job because he (checks notes) beat Abilene Christian and lost to LSU by only 12 points?

He gets the job because the players and recruits like him. Fuck the noise about him knowing how to coach. 

They look at Robinson as being the savior for their top level recruits and that’s it. There were several reports of aggy telling candidates they had to keep Robinson on staff.

• Haha 1

Just now, orangebird said:

If it does indeed turn out to be Fisch and Bjork tried to fuck it up, I could see the aggy BMD's firing his ass and leaving him on the tarmac, Lane Kiffin style.  Or cancelling his travel cards and forcing him to hitchhike home from Lexington.

That would be huge if Bjork is as unpopular with the people who are cutting the checks as we think he might be. 

• Hook 'Em 1