Spider-Man No Way Home

Aslan24

18 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

So other than getting the name of the movie and its release date wrong you have to admit OP is spot on

“Far From Home” was the second movie with Mysterio that followed Avengers End Game. The first movie was called “Homecoming.” Maybe the next movie will be “Spiderman: Homeless”?

On 12/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just watched venom: let there be carnage last weekend. Was the after credit scene tied to this movie?  And if so, are those properties now in MCU?

Spoiler

After watching this, it will make sense what happened + the mid credit scene adds to it

Spoiler

I saw The poster showing doc ock’s tentacles on the way into the movie, so I thought cool he’s evidently a bad guy. I cheered out loud when I saw it was really Alfred Molina.  Then when he said “you’re not Peter Parker,“ I really enjoyed my slow realization that what they were doing is saying that the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Man actually existed and it was a multi-verse situation.  Very fun.

Most fun I’ve had a movie for a long time. I manage to stay 100% spoiler free.

Edited by OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, Js1 said:

was surprised that second post credit scene was more of a teaser than just a scene 

Right?  That wasn't a post credits scene.  It was practically a trailer for the next ________ movie.

The movie was very fun and enjoyable.  I'd personally been getting Marvel fatigue the past couple of years, but this one I was pretty amped for all the way through.

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Would it be crazy for them to make a new Spider Man movie with Andrew Garfield, showing what happens to him after he's sent back to his universe?

They should

Spoiler

With Tom Holland's Peter totally forgotten in the world now, you can decouple him from Stark/Avengers and pivot the Sony Spider-Man movies to focus on AG's Spiderman and tie Venom in. 

I know TH was pretty meh about playing Spiderman into his 30s. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

My wife: “I thought Peter Parker was supposed to be smart? He is dumb, everyone in the theatre saw what was coming and that’s all I thought about the whole movie, how stupid that kid is. At any time while shit was going down, just push the fucking button on the box!”

Spoiler

that's why your wife would never make it as a friendly neighborhood spiderman.  as soon as he pushes the button, the bad guys would go back to their imminent deaths.  peter didn't want that and was willing to risk himself for it.

Spoiler

I guess I'm in that camp also that I would have just pushed the button. Sure, you've cured them of their current ailments but what if they didn't want to be cured? Max/Electro seemed kinda pissed to lose his powers. What about Dr. Conners? I don't believe they showed if his arm was still missing when he turned back into a human. What's to stop all these guys from returning to their respective universes and just making themselves into villains again? 

Am I the asshole for trying to apply logic to a comic book movie? Probably but if I were spiderman and my choices were let these villains die as is their destiny or "cure" them and take a chance they don't stay "cured", that button is getting pushed 10 out of 10 times.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:
  Hide contents

that's why your wife would never make it as a friendly neighborhood spiderman.  as soon as he pushes the button, the bad guys would go back to their imminent deaths.  peter didn't want that and was willing to risk himself for it.

9 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
  Hide contents

I guess I'm in that camp also that I would have just pushed the button. Sure, you've cured them of their current ailments but what if they didn't want to be cured? Max/Electro seemed kinda pissed to lose his powers. What about Dr. Conners? I don't believe they showed if his arm was still missing when he turned back into a human. What's to stop all these guys from returning to their respective universes and just making themselves into villains again? 

Am I the asshole for trying to apply logic to a comic book movie? Probably but if I were spiderman and my choices were let these villains die as is their destiny or "cure" them and take a chance they don't stay "cured", that button is getting pushed 10 out of 10 times.

Spoiler

Yeah…clearly Holland-Peter had no fucking clue how the multiverse works, so what if the villains return just at the moment of their death and they die anyway, albeit “cured.” And did his good but dumb heart not think there’s a good chance that evil people are inherently evil and they will resume being evil even after you fix them?

And it wasn’t just himself Peter risked, but his aunt, MJ, his friend, who knows how many civilians could’ve been killed, and that sweet Cap shield on the SOL. Clearly he also fucked up the multiverse so who knows what other consequences there will be.

Dark Helmet Good Is Dumb GIF by Leroy Patterson

11 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I sort of liked that Dr. Stranger said you can't change fate, but as we saw from What If..., he kept trying to ensure Christine would survive somehow

8 hours ago, Bookman said:

Would it be crazy for them to make a new Spider Man movie with Andrew Garfield, showing what happens to him after he's sent back to his universe?

Spoiler

I’d pay to see a Garfield/Maguire Spidey buddy action comedy. I loved every second of those two on the screen.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Aight, that was fucking clever, brilliant, everything. Now Marvel doesnt ever have to explain any cross studio characters as they eventually come online to the MCU. 

But can someone explain the current universe then? Like what doesnt exist now? Tom Hollands Spidey? Avengers? The blip? Sorta confused about all that. I think they alluded to that with a traditional SOL without Caps shield. But I dunno.

Spoiler

Aight, that was fucking clever, brilliant, everything. Now Marvel doesnt ever have to explain any cross studio characters as they eventually come online to the MCU. 
But can someone explain the current universe then? Like what doesnt exist now? Tom Hollands Spidey? Avengers? The blip? Sorta confused about all that. I think they alluded to that with a traditional SOL without Caps shield. But I dunno.

The Avengers are no more. The Guardians, Thor, and maybe Hulk are off world. Hawkeye is basically retired. Cap is old and probably dead. Bucky and Sam are stupid. There’s no more Stark tech. With the one tech construction machine destroyed, here’s no way to fix the Stark Spidey suits so he has to go back to old school unitards. Honestly, it was a great way to reboot Spider-Man to how he is in the original comics. I don’t know how I feel about that yet.

My guess is the big universe-wide threats will be in the cosmic movies and the earth bound movies won’t have that level of villain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 9:28 PM, Stringer said:

Sorry, is the incorrect title of this thread driving anyone else insane or is my OCD acting up?

Yeah what the fuck. FoR me its worse cuz its named after another (older) movie. Its not some randomly unused name mistake. Lets change the title. Or nuke this thread. or nuke me. But something needs nuking!!!!!!!

• blacklab changed the title to Spider-Man No Way Home