Cowboys @ Giants: Week 15

Vic Mackey

There was a post in the regular season thread.  Giants D is pretty decent.  Windy day on the road and our kicker sucks.  This is a solid win to maybe.... maybe just put away the division.  We need to figure out how to get more chunk plays.  That's where we're struggling but there was good things in this game too.  This game wasn't really that close and we didn't play way, way down to our competition.  Still, too many execution breakdowns and that's on coaching.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

So then you just have poor reasoning skills. Can’t fix that. 

Or maybe we have different definitions of what a catch is? Like everyone who watches the NFL does including the commissioner, every ref, and every coach/player.

I was under the impression you have to be completely on the ground with possession to be considered completing it through to the ground. That's why guys who catch it then hit the ground and the ground knocks it out is an incomplete pass. He definitely got it ripped out before he was completely on the ground but maybe the rule is different than what I'm assuming it to be. 

Either way I'm gonna bail on the thread for today. I'm having a bad day and in a very combative mood so just getting into these little stupid back and forth things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

Or maybe we have different definitions of what a catch is? Like everyone who watches the NFL does including the commissioner, every ref, and every coach/player.

I was under the impression you have to be completely on the ground with possession to be considered completing it through to the ground. That's why guys who catch it then hit the ground and the ground knocks it out is an incomplete pass. He definitely got it ripped out before he was completely on the ground but maybe the rule is different than what I'm assuming it to be. 

Either way I'm gonna bail on the thread for today. I'm having a bad day and in a very combative mood so just getting into these little stupid back and forth things. 

All good. I was just coming back at you for being stubborn. Was meant in jest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I thought they changed the definition because of Dez and the Green Bay fiasco.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Damn, as of right now, Parsons did not get the .5 sack on the box score.

He should get 0.5 for the Fromm sack. 

i can’t imagine tampa loses twice more so first seed and bye is gone. But being ahead of Green Bay is a worthwhile goal and might be achievable. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He should get 0.5 for the Fromm sack. 

i can’t imagine tampa loses twice more so first seed and bye is gone. But being ahead of Green Bay is a worthwhile goal and might be achievable. 

I believe if there is a 3-way tie for first the tiebreaker is conference record, and we’ve only lost one conference game.

28 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I believe if there is a 3-way tie for first the tiebreaker is conference record, and we’ve only lost one conference game.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures | NFL.com

1 minute ago, Matuka said:

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Coin toss

I read it on here somewhere, so I thought it had to be true.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

That wasn't a catch. Have to complete it all the way through to the ground. Gift from the ref

Crazy that they call that a catch but ruled an incomplete on the Raiders catch that should've resulted in a turnover and red zone possession for the Cowboys in the first half of that game. Refs suck balls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Hermanator said:
Should never have to say this about a team paying a QB $40 mil, a WR $20 mil, a RB $15 mil, and one of the highest paid OLs in the league but...
This team will go as far in the playoffs as the defense can carry them. Dak, Zeke, Cooper, and Kellen Moore should be ashamed. 

I'm not sold on this defense stopping great offenses in the playoffs.

I’m sold on the pass rush getting to anybody. When Lawrence is clearly your 3rd best rusher, you have a damn good pass rush 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m sold on the pass rush getting to anybody. When Lawrence is clearly your 3rd best rusher, you have a damn good pass rush 
How about the second and third levels though? Again, this is all well and good against NO, Wash and NY. But we aren't going to be playing them in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
43 minutes ago, youdunnf said:

How about the second and third levels though? Again, this is all well and good against NO, Wash and NY. But we aren't going to be playing them in the playoffs.

Agreed. But the pass rush can hide a lot of deficiencies on the 2nd and 3rd levels. 

With that being said, this season will inevitably end with a road loss at Lambeau. So none of this matters. 

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

With that being said, this season will inevitably end with a road loss at Lambeau. So none of this matters. 

where Dallas takes a 1 point lead with 23 seconds left in the game, kicks a touchback.  and Rodgers throws a wounded duck 35 yard sideline pass and Dallas gets called for inteference, and Mason Crosby kicks the 57 yard GW FG.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Matuka said:

Three or More Clubs

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Coin toss

It was Drew in the season thread. In response to me saying there’s no way we can get 1 seed.