Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

1 hour ago, wood said:

BTW, pretty much everything outside the Main GS is selling now on the secondary market for significantly less than face value. Guys are trying to dump tickets, even on reddit, and not getting any bites. 

Hmmmm maybe it'll be less crowded this year.  One can hope!

• Hook 'Em 1

need to text whichever elroy parking lot agreed to terms and make sure they still have a spot for me.  wasn't danny & carmen they were sold out, and the third never texted me back.   we're doing friday T15 GS and sunday GA up at T1. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

My neighbor is a big wig at the track, she's offered me tickets and I've turned them down based on what people were telling me about last year. I was talking to her husband last week and he turned down owner suit tickets due to the getting there and back issues. 

I'll take 'em!  I'll be out there all weekend, no getting there and back issues necessary.

just pato o'ward in senna's championship winning mp4/5b (yes, the one he speared alain prost with) at laguna seca, from inside his helmet.

(also the answer to jeopardy clue "this is the prettiest race car ever built")

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Speaking of...

Have any of you twitter/insta masters seen any good posts from the teams or drivers in/around Austin yet this week?  I'm not much of a social media guy, but I know they often do location-oriented stuff (like Ricciardo in Western Wear), so I usually rely on you all to relay what you see. :)

38 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Speaking of...

Have any of you twitter/insta masters seen any good posts from the teams or drivers in/around Austin yet this week?  I'm not much of a social media guy, but I know they often do location-oriented stuff (like Ricciardo in Western Wear), so I usually rely on you all to relay what you see. :)

Sir Lewis was shown at the Chargers/Broncos game last night in LA.  Looks like he had decent seats.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Speaking of...

Probably won't see anything in Austin until Wednesday. 

11 hours ago, elfenix said:

just pato o'ward in senna's championship winning mp4/5b (yes, the one he speared alain prost with) at laguna seca, from inside his helmet.

(also the answer to jeopardy clue "this is the prettiest race car ever built")

What a beautiful noise that car makes.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I assume this is shopped, but got interested and found this is at the Midpoint Cafe on Route 66 in Adrian, Tx.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

4 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I’m happy that the race is in our time zone but there’s something about waking up early Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and watching Brundle act like a chicken with his head cut off during the pre-race grid walk. Good stuff. 

agreed, kind of hate the fact it's at 2p for that reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I assume this is shopped, but got interested and found this is at the Midpoint Cafe on Route 66 in Adrian, Tx.

definitely shopped.  the tucumcari/amarillo sign isn't there anymore.  last shows up in street view in april of 2021. 

13 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I’m happy that the race is in our time zone but there’s something about waking up early Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and watching Brundle act like a chicken with his head cut off during the pre-race grid walk. Good stuff. 

True, true.

But there's something even better about waking up at the racetrack, walking out your RV's front door, and listening to the sound of screaming engines blasting out of Turn1 and through Turns 2, 3, and 4, with a screwdriver or bloody mary in your hand. ;)

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

definitely shopped.  the tucumcari/amarillo sign isn't there anymore.  last shows up in street view in april of 2021. 

Ha! So looked at the landscape and the blurry signs. Thought it looked like a "40" and knew it was an interstate sign. Then I looked where I-40 ran and saw that the bottom word could be "Amarillo". Googled "Amarillo cafe sign" to see if I could find a google image. Came up with this: 

image.png.f129547ba27d08ef4b1d3e924e56a8e8.png

That told me it was in Adrian, TX. So back to Google Maps.

I should get a real job.

39 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ha! So looked at the landscape and the blurry signs. Thought it looked like a "40" and knew it was an interstate sign. Then I looked where I-40 ran and saw that the bottom word could be "Amarillo". Googled "Amarillo cafe sign" to see if I could find a google image. Came up with this: 

I should get a real job.

that is the sign in adrian, tx.  it's just not a recent image that alpha tauri has put its car in, giving away that it was chopped. 

stratfor is probably hiring people who can use google to geolocate. 

Edited by elfenix

40 minutes ago, utee94 said:

True, true.

But there's something even better about waking up at the racetrack, walking out your RV's front door, and listening to the sound of screaming engines blasting out of Turn1 and through Turns 2, 3, and 4, with a screwdriver or bloody mary in your hand. ;)

Lucky Bastard Comedy GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I should get a real job.

here you go: https://goo.gl/maps/AJUq5ioDEP3MTygi8

and that pic was actually before april 2021 as well because by then, the old route 66 sign was down.  looks like it was there in october 2011 at least.

april 21: https://goo.gl/maps/thxuG4677t3Qcbv68

october 11: https://goo.gl/maps/ZTT2u36sr3h2fNnT8

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I assume this is shopped

That's what I was thinking too.

3 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Just wait for the midnight (our time) Vegas race next year.

• Rage+1 1