Cheez-It Bowl: ISU vs Clemson ESPN

WBT

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

love the announcers: you know what makes the bowls special? The bands! (But we won’t let u hear any of that nonsense.) bastards! 

You penned exactly what I was thinking when he said that. 

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

You penned exactly what I was thinking when he said that. 

It bothers me that they can’t run through scores and such  in 5 minutes during halftime and allow us to enjoy the hardworking bands play at halftime. Bands add so much to the ambiance of college football. 

I think they were saying earlier that they might have Leach and Herm Edwards for the coaches corner…which would be cool for the playoffs. 

Edited by Nicole44

Just now, CptnJiggleBits said:

I'm in favor of more band and crowd shots. Snoozer game

The best Cheezit Bowl will forever be the one TCU played in. Fatterson put in a QB for a brief period who had drop foot and called a running play.  If you want to read the best recap of the best bowl game I have ever witnessed read more here: 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

“Even when this game had points, they arrived via rifts in the universe.

8. TCU put in a QB with drop foot, a condition “caused by weakness or paralysis of the muscles involved in lifting the front part of the foot,” per the Mayo Clinic.

The words “he doesn’t have full use of one of his feet” was uttered by the broadcast booth regarding Justin Rogers.

9. The QB with drop foot immediately had to run on the foot over which he had no control.

What the shit is happening?

10. TCU came to its senses and put back in the QB who’d thrown four interceptions but was in charge of both of his feet.

Please don’t have people with anything possibly involving the word “paralysis” play sports, even if the Cheez-It Bowl trophy is at stake.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

The best Cheezit Bowl will forever be the one TCU played in. Fatterson put in a QB for a brief period who had drop foot and called a running play.  If you want to read the best recap of the best bowl game I have ever witnessed read more here: 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

“Even when this game had points, they arrived via rifts in the universe.

8. TCU put in a QB with drop foot, a condition “caused by weakness or paralysis of the muscles involved in lifting the front part of the foot,” per the Mayo Clinic.

The words “he doesn’t have full use of one of his feet” was uttered by the broadcast booth regarding Justin Rogers.

9. The QB with drop foot immediately had to run on the foot over which he had no control.

What the shit is happening?

10. TCU came to its senses and put back in the QB who’d thrown four interceptions but was in charge of both of his feet.

Please don’t have people with anything possibly involving the word “paralysis” play sports, even if the Cheez-It Bowl trophy is at stake.”

This is EXACTLY what I came here to post. Nothing can top the futility of that TCU-Cal crapfest. It was so hideously awful, it was beautiful. 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/2018-cheez-bowl-best-worst-163620294.html

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

This is EXACTLY what I came here to post. Nothing can top the futility of that TCU-Cal crapfest. It was so hideously awful, it was beautiful. 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/2018-cheez-bowl-best-worst-163620294.html

Did you read the recap I posted? I have it saved because it’s fucking legendary! I can’t stop laughing and I’ve read it dozens of times. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Did you read the recap I posted? I have it saved because it’s fucking legendary! I can’t stop laughing and I’ve read it dozens of times. 

I did. It’s better than the link I posted. You beat me to the story, and then beat me with a better story. Good stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, nnm said:

I did. It’s better than the link I posted. You beat me to the story, and then beat me with a better story. Good stuff. 

It’s my favorite recap of any game of all time. 😁 you’re equally cool because no one else understands how fucking awesome that game was. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnm said:

It’s my favorite recap of any game of all time. 😁 you’re equally cool because no one else understands how fucking awesome that game was but us man. We know how fucking cool it was! 

5. A Cal QB change (amid all the INTs) gave us this completely bizarre moment: when the only two QBs in the Power 5 who stayed with the same school through their senior years despite never starting ... were facing each other in a bowl.

6. The graphics people were clearly crying out for help throughout the night.