Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

The thing that drives me batty about the people complaining that Biden caused inflation by "printing money" completely ignore that the majority of stimulus checks and PPP loans were doled out during the Trump administration.
And I'm not blaming Trump necessarily, so much as I'm pointing out that he "printed money" as much as anyone and the loudest critics of this policy conveniently forget it.

bro let’s not even talk about the 3 years of fucking useless trade wars and tariffs. Nope that didn’t impact inflation. /s

China is below their nonbinding ag trade thresholds, Canada ain’t buying our milk, Mexico ain’t buying our cars, and we still ain’t making any steel stateside.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, the D/lib side has its share of loonies, but nothing like what the R/cons have. D's are in playing little league ball and the R's just keep throwing up hall of fame caliber awful people. a true, viable 3rd party would siphon voters from both parties, but if it leaned center-right it all but decimate the Republican Party. The Dems would be alright

I agree with this.  It's still absolutely unreal to me what is now essentially mainstream in the R party.  And how traditional R's, who you know damn well lament about the current state of their party privately, still will sink to that level in order to maintain power.  It's disgusting.  No matter how much I disagree with some of the D domestic/economic policy, I'll absolutely vote D for the foreseeable future.  I actually think Biden has done a fantastic job on foreign policy to date which helps.

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I agree with this.  It's still absolutely unreal to me what is now essentially mainstream in the R party.  And how traditional R's, who you know damn well lament about the current state of their party privately, still will sink to that level in order to maintain power.  It's disgusting.  No matter how much I disagree with some of the D domestic/economic policy, I'll absolutely vote D for the foreseeable future.  I actually think Biden has done a fantastic job on foreign policy to date which helps.

yup, for all the hand wringing about JB, he's managed to do an exceptionally decent job so far.

54 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I think a viable 3rd party would hurt the D's as much as the R's.  A true moderate not beholden to the wacko's or the extremes of either side probably wins a plurality.  But that candidate is destroyed by the vocal fringes that dictate policy via social media and otherwise in the primariees.  See Delaney who to me sounded perfectly reasonable on just about every category in the Dem primaries but was boo'd off the stage and shunned by the AOC/Bernie left.

i'm not sure where the daylight is between delaney and the guy eventually nominated by the democrats to the presidency in 2020 (and more people voted against that guy than had ever voted for a candidate in any previous election).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_John_Delaney

Edited by elfenix

59 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm not sure where the daylight is between delaney and the guy eventually nominated by the democrats to the presidency in 2020 (and more people voted against that guy than had ever voted for a candidate in any previous election).

except for the other guy that had an additional 7 million voter vote against him.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

Because he's a "capitalist" that didn't have street cred as Obama's VP.    It made zero sense to me why Delaney was villified so much by the far left and never gained any traction.  I agree he seemed like a younger and more articulate Biden based on what I heard from a policy perspective.   R's aren't unique in the sense they have a pretty fucking dumb voter base easily swayed by social media.  That's just America.  I don't remember what the issue was but in one of the debates he had a perfectly reasonable articulate response that essentially said whatever "pie in the sky" "free everything" far left issue he was discussing had zero chance of ever becoming law but here was his approach which he thought he could get bi-partisan support for.  I thought it made complete sense.  He was then boo'd incessantly by the idiots in the auditorium.  It was that moment I realized I may not be a R any longer but I'm sure as hell never going to be a D either.

Because he's a "capitalist" that didn't have street cred as Obama's VP.    It made zero sense to me why Delaney was villified so much by the far left and never gained any traction.  I agree he seemed like a younger and more articulate Biden based on what I heard from a policy perspective.   R's aren't unique in the sense they have a pretty fucking dumb voter base easily swayed by social media.  That's just America.  I don't remember what the issue was but in one of the debates he had a perfectly reasonable articulate response that essentially said whatever "pie in the sky" "free everything" far left issue he was discussing had zero chance of ever becoming law but here was his approach which he thought he could get bi-partisan support for.  I thought it made complete sense.  He was then boo'd incessantly by the idiots in the auditorium.  It was that moment I realized I may not be a R any longer but I'm sure as hell never going to be a D either.

Kind of a weird take. I mean, Biden was vilified/opposed by the progressive wing of the party too. Every other non-Bernie/Warren candidate dropped out and coalesced around Biden in order to prevent Sanders from winning the primary. More progressives simply showed up in the general this time around, because everyone agreed that the option of four more years was unacceptable.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Biden: I'm ready to go to Ukraine...

White House:" Ummmm.....NO, he's not going to Ukraine.

I love that you keep drive by negging and shitposting in this thread while just ignoring multiple responses to your idiotic filibuster question. You really thought that was a home run too, poor guy.

True to form. Texags would be proud.
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Poor guy….

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

omg burn it all down! he's the worst ever!

get fucked

His current approval level in the Quinnipiac poll ties Trump’s all time low which was in January 11th, 2021. It would be wise to examine why that’s the case rather than say it’s all the dumb people. 

His mental state could be part of the equation for some people. I haven’t seen it quantified though. Dismiss it all y’all want. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

His current approval level in the Quinnipiac poll ties Trump’s all time low which was in January 11th, 2021. It would be wise to examine why that’s the case rather than say it’s all the dumb people. 

His mental state could be part of the equation for some people. I haven’t seen it quantified though. Dismiss it all y’all want. 

ok, I will. as long as polls rely on people picking up a land line they're gonna be inaccurate as fuck. but clutch onto whatever makes you feel better while that "senile" guy literally rides bicycle laps around your braindead orange god

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't wait til he wears a tan suit.  Or uses dijon mustard.  These trolls are pathetic.

Did he do a March Madness bracket this year or last year? I remember the right wing fuckwads going apeshit when Obama did his yearly March Madness bracket 

24 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

It would be wise to examine why that’s the case rather than say it’s all the dumb people. 

Open to critical analysis but I think a critical thinker would assume, based on the large number of persons in our country who are willing to believe in perfectly obvious lies and disinformation, that the correct starting point of critical analysis is that the vast majority of poll respondents may have been uninformed, or morons. 

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob

Statements with a question mark after them aren't questions.

All democrat ideas are sublime unicorn farts and rainbows?  huh????

This is such a fantastic self own. Keep going daddy I’m almost there

Yes, I’m sure it’s totally low IQ trolling about the president’s mental state that is driving low approval ratings, despite the fact that he overwhelmingly elected specifically because he possesses superior temperament, discipline, and intelligence relative to his predecessor. People prone to the thinking you describe totally approved of Biden until late 2021 and then changed their minds. This has nothing to do with inflation. Yep, definitely others who need to examine the situation. Brilliant analysis.

I am dumber for reading posts like those quoted above. Fuck me.
  • Haha 2

Guys, it doesn't matter what he was actually doing.  Only appearances matter and this looks really, really bad. I mean, I ran home and took down my POW/MIA and American flags off my poles because I was so embarrassed. From now on if anyone stops me in public I will spout off the little bit of Czech I know and pretend I'm not American. So embarrassing! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This is such a fantastic self own. Keep going daddy I’m almost there

Yes, I’m sure it’s totally low IQ trolling about the president’s mental state that is driving low approval ratings, despite the fact that he overwhelmingly elected specifically because he possesses superior temperament, discipline, and intelligence relative to his predecessor. People prone to the thinking you describe totally approved of Biden until late 2021 and then changed their minds. This has nothing to do with inflation. Yep, definitely others who need to examine the situation. Brilliant analysis.

I am dumber for reading posts like those quoted above. Fuck me.

I don’t think it’s driving anything, but could it be affecting things on the margins? You have to look for reasons why his approval rating is at Trump’s lows despite how great his policies are and how great things are going.

So far here the analysis is, everybody is dumb, or it’s all misinformation driven. I don’t buy that it’s all misinformation blah blah blah. Fox News has been spouting bullshit for a long time and there’s plenty of misinformation from the left. That’s a two way street.

So what we’re left with here is that the country is too dumb to realize how awesome things are. That’s the surly analysis besides a spare poster here or there. Truly brilliant, keep it up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

33 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Fox News has been spouting bullshit for a long time and there’s plenty of misinformation from the left. That’s a two way street.

There it is! Both sides, guys! Everybody drink.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I don’t think it’s driving anything, but could it be affecting things on the margins? You have to look for reasons why his approval rating is at Trump’s lows despite how great his policies are and how great things are going.

Good lord.  It's because the country is completely polarized.  Nothing more.  Roughly 40% of voters supported Trump, roughly 40% support Biden.  There you go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

full professor just like he took down Corn Pop

Good lord, could you be more of a stooge?  Here it is, straight from Penn's website.  If you want to argue whether that's "full" or not, well carry on, but it's pretty fucking clear he's not lying about his named professor position at Penn:

Joe Biden

Biden%20Pic.png

Joe Biden
Former Mitchell Center Senior Fellow (2017-2021)
Former Benjamin Franklin Presidential Professor of Practice (2017-2021)

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord.  It's because the country is completely polarized.  Nothing more.  Roughly 40% of voters supported Trump, roughly 40% support Biden.  There you go.

And, yeah, people are pissed about gas prices and inflation that don't necessary understand the mechanisms behind them. I totally get it. Republicans are going to roll in the midterms with those in the middle expecting some instant, magical cure. Then, in two more years, they'll flip right back because the GOP also didn't solve all of their problems. And repeat. American politics in a nutshell.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

I would like to know where the 145,000 acres are.  This doesn't rub me the right way, but I want details.  If this is purely to appease the stupids that think he controls gas prices, then that pisses me off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/15/climate/biden-drilling-oil-leases.html

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration announced on Friday that it would resume selling leases for new oil and gas drilling on public lands, but would also raise the federal royalties that companies must pay to drill, which would be the first increase in those fees in more than a century.

The Interior Department said in a statement that it planned to open up 145,000 acres of public lands in nine states to oil and gas leasing next week, the first new fossil fuel permits to be offered on public lands since President Biden took office.

The move comes as President Biden seeks to show voters that he is working to increase the domestic oil supply as prices surge in the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. But it also violates a signature campaign pledge made by Mr. Biden as he sought to assure climate activists that he would prioritize reducing the use of fossil fuels.

“And by the way, no more drilling on federal lands, period. Period, period, period,” Mr. Biden told voters in New Hampshire in February 2020.

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

Did he do a March Madness bracket this year or last year? I remember the right wing fuckwads going apeshit when Obama did his yearly March Madness bracket 

The faux outrage over him saying "51 states" and that clip being posted as some kind of gotcha was equally as weak. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

he's turning to acknowledge the crowd at the end of his speech you fucking mark.

😄 gotdamn i love that turn of phrase...marks for the biggest fucking con ever.

don't know why but that really hit the mark and cracked me up! 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord, could you be more of a stooge?  Here it is, straight from Penn's website.  If you want to argue whether that's "full" or not, well carry on, but it's pretty fucking clear he's not lying about his named professor position at Penn:

Joe Biden

Biden%20Pic.png

Joe Biden
Former Mitchell Center Senior Fellow (2017-2021)
Former Benjamin Franklin Presidential Professor of Practice (2017-2021)

He was on campus 8 times in 4 years.   Full professor? He was saying he spent a lot of time on campus.  He was an honorary professor who gave a couple speeches.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He was on campus 8 times in 4 years.   Full professor? He was saying he spent a lot of time on campus.  He was an honorary professor who gave a couple speeches.  

Doesn't matter.  Penn gave him a named professorship.  Ironically, they didn't do the same for noted Penn grad, the orange God, LMAO.

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

I'm trying to understand how someone would think less of Biden exaggerating quite a bit about this... but maybe it's Friday and I'm wrapping up the work day. But who cares?

He has a pathological tendency to stretch his biography and plagiarize.

I'm not even sure it's an exaggeration.  "Full" professorship typically implies tenure, no?  If it's a permanent position, is there a difference?  I assume he relinquished the position when he was inaugurated.

I am damn sure that full professors don't by rule have a minimum hours on campus requirement, because I know many who rarely showed up at all.  They were drawing pay, sometimes teaching, mostly doing research.  They were cash cows, or golden gods because of their fame . . . like "former Senator and VP".

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon