Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

3 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Nice try attempting to put the blame elsewhere. Because there will be more pain.

But you should just own it. Your motives are pure. People will probably thank you down the line.

“I’m glad we eat the bugs. Imagine how much worse it would be if we didn’t.” Surly CR-2030

Out with the old-Arab oil embargoes. 
In with the new-Chinese polysilicon and other raw material embargoes? 

Of course all this talk about supply diminishes the importance of one factor close to my heart. The money printer is always going brrrr. You’ll probably try to say I support that as well. 

i know where the blame should lie for the structural problem.  need i remind you?

if we'd have started this 25 years ago when the oil companies doubled down on their gaslighting campaign the trade offs wouldn't be as severe. 

if we'd have started this 35 years ago when hanson made his presentation to congress the trade offs wouldn't be as severe

if we'd have started this 45 years ago when exxon's own scientists told them this was happening the trade offs wouldn't be as severe

if we'd have started this 55 years ago when the API paid Stanford to investigate and found that it would happen the trade offs wouldn't be as severe

if we'd have started this 65 years ago when Edward Teller told them it was going to happen the trade offs wouldn't be as severe. 

if this had started a couple decades ago we probably wouldn't have even noticed it. 

instead, we've put this off for as long as possible because exxon might not make as much money.  this is exactly what you want GRHorn.  you want mass starvation because you're a selfish piece of gaslighted skinsuit who wanted to push this off to the last possible minute in service of chasing short term dollars. 

keep on carrying that piss though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Both sides aside you mofos do not live in the real world .. Enjoy your neighborhood recommended area no one in my family ever mentioned that shit. Moving from me mexico to pick fruit but yes they should have picked a city center. You are all out of touch bitches 

I literally picked cotton and watermelon my family. 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

HOW you drive affects 15-25% of your mpg. This is the lowest effort possible, with the lowest amount of thinking.

the best thing you can do for your child now besides telling them to marry rich, is teach them to drive a stick and to just put it in neutral when they see a red light or stop sign in the distance.

Edited by StassneyHorn

<snob>You’re on a board with college graduates. Acting like anyone here is supposed to be in your “real world” made up of service workers with no plans after high school doesn’t connect.</snob>

Listing low effort and no cost solutions to improve peoples lives isn’t out of touch.

Edited by StassneyHorn

. . . and a lot of driving is done by people who own fairly inefficient vehicles.
I bought a hybrid in 2015 when the price of gas was in the dirt, as I was able to get the hybrid version of that particular vehicle cheaper than the standard IC version.  To me, if you're going to charge me less for a vehicle that gets better mileage, OK, I'm not gonna argue.  I've been getting 32-33 mpg for 7 years now.  That car is getting a little long in the tooth at this point -- mostly some annoying hybrid cell problems, but I know how to get around them -- I'll be damned if I'm gonna get rid of it right now.

You can have inefficient vehicles when you live central. We have a Sequoia and a Bronco. Each vehicle gets a tank of gas every 3 weeks.

4 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Both sides aside you mofos do not live in the real world .. Enjoy your neighborhood recommended area no one in my family ever mentioned that shit. Moving from me mexico to pick fruit but yes they should have picked a city center. You are all out of touch bitches 

I literally picked cotton and watermelon my family. 

Zepol, what he is saying with the "drive less" comment is that there are a lot of people who can not only afford to drive less but to drive more efficient vehicles. That in turn would push down the demand for those that do have to commute resulting in lower fuel costs. For example, in my area people drive these monstrous trucks and suvs for no reason and can afford to simply keep on trucking right through these gas prices. If they would simply drive less or more efficiently it would drive the costs down. I literally had this conversation with my wife yesterday. She drove from work all the way home to pick up my daughter and then they drove to the grocery store and walgreens. She could've stopped at both on the way home. The day before she was going to make a special trip to return two folding tables we borrowed from a friend instead of dropping them off on the way to work the next day since she lives close to her job. Granted, she drives a car instead of an suv but imagine if this was a suburban(we have one of those too) she was doing that with?

Point is, Americans can't be bothered to be inconvenienced at all, especially Texans. We have known this would be a problem for decades and instead of readying ourselves we simply have ignored it in favor of the short term gains associated with the oil biz.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

<snob>You’re on a board with college graduates. Acting like anyone here is supposed to be in your “real world” made up of service workers with no plans after high school doesn’t connect.</snob>

Listing low effort and no cost solutions to improve peoples lives isn’t out of touch.

image.jpeg.bf12faf9dc8e52e84781cae5cecc6580.jpeg

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Point is, Americans can't be bothered to be inconvenienced at all, especially Texans. We have known this would be a problem for decades and instead of readying ourselves we simply have ignored it in favor of the short term gains associated with the oil biz.

And when it comes to inflation, don't even think about suggesting that Americans cut back on discretionary spending. 

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Yes, you'd greatly benefit the way you trudge around the site bitching about 25 dollars.

Inflation just printed 8.6%.  

Yesterday your schtick was over $35, now its $25.  

Are you actually Brian Deese?  

This is pretty cool actually.  

What's the oval office really like?

• Fuck You 1

The worst part of the tone deafness of the surly snob bootstrappy "Shut up and Drive Less" is ignoring the fact that is the first thing any non-privileged economic actor does. Again I'll repeat, do you think I'm jumping in a v8 gas guzzler and just driving with the windows down to relax or think deep thoughts or mull over my psychological or philosophical problems for fun?

This isn't the 1950's where freedom is characterized by the open road; driving is a nightmare, roads and traffic and other drivesr are hellscapes and nobody wants to do it unless we absolutely, 100% HAVE to. 

So yes, just by virtue of gas prices being high, I drive less. My wife drives less. Everyone I know who isn't Surly 1% is driving less. Even then, the rich are driving less "a 10% jump in gas prices typically leads to a 2%–3% decline in gas consumption, UC Berkeley economist Lucas Davis told the WSJ"

So we all agree everyone is driving less, now what? We should just shut up and not be vocal that inflation and rising prices outpacing wage growth and our ability to have a quality of life because it's grating on the finely evolved ear hammer and anvils of the rich.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

25, 35, could be 45. I don’t know large your tank is. Tell us the difference for you at the pump is so I can diminish it and blame it on your habits.

12 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

The worst part of the tone deafness of the surly snob bootstrappy "Shut up and Drive Less" is ignoring the fact that is the first thing any non-privileged economic actor does. Again I'll repeat, do you think I'm jumping in a v8 gas guzzler and just driving with the windows down to relax or think deep thoughts or mull over my psychological or philosophical problems for fun?

This isn't the 1950's where freedom is characterized by the open road; driving is a nightmare, roads and traffic and other drivesr are hellscapes and nobody wants to do it unless we absolutely, 100% HAVE to. 

So yes, just by virtue of gas prices being high, I drive less. My wife drives less. Everyone I know who isn't Surly 1% is driving less. Even then, the rich are driving less "a 10% jump in gas prices typically leads to a 2%–3% decline in gas consumption, UC Berkeley economist Lucas Davis told the WSJ"

So we all agree everyone is driving less, now what? We should just shut up and not be vocal that inflation and rising prices outpacing wage growth and our ability to have a quality of life because it's grating on the finely evolved ear hammer and anvils of the rich.

Pack a fucking sandwich

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

7 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

i’m going to become legit depressed if this bungling inflation/ economy leads to a new trump / trump lite. 

especially since he would have most likely handled it even worse.   hell, he did. 

97921-A26-E827-4800-A31-E-F8-E816-E9-E65

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Actually, it's the oil and gas companies themselves, but that's not the answer you wanted, is it?

LOL.

You honestly believe that shit like below and whipsawing the Keystone XL aren't what informs those investment decisions.  SMDH.

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/04/uttered-in-2008-still-haunting-obama-in-2012-074892

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

57 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Additional refinery capacity would absolutely lower gas prices.  Who won't allow that....???

Actually it's the oil companies themselves who are refusing to build more refining capacity, but that's not the answer you were looking for, is it?

Chevron's CEO Says No More U.S. Oil Refineries

"You're looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, 'We don't want these products to be used in the future.'"

The US Can't Make Enough Fuel and There's No Fix in Sight

“Nothing about the current environment is promoting investments in fossil fuels,” said Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Fernando Valle. “It’s a 15 to 20 year payback on most of these investments.”

Phillips 66, for example, would have to spend more than $1 billion to restart its Alliance refinery in Louisiana that was shut after damage from Hurricane Ida, Bloomberg Intelligence estimates. LyondellBasell Industries NV has opted to shut its Houston Refinery no later than the end of 2023 over cost concerns related to keeping the 104-year-old facility running. A portion of plants are also now being converted into renewable-fuel facilities, including Phillips 66’s refinery in Rodeo, California, which was confirmed this week.

As for selling those assets to someone who could ramp up production, no one’s buying — even as industry players are sitting on massive piles of cash. “We feel we’ve got higher returns, better uses for the capital to employ than buying a refinery that’s on the market at this point in time,” Valero Chief Executive Officer Joe Gorder said in a conference call with analysts in late April.

U.S. oil refiners’ margins smash records, but few plan to build more plants

“We’re still dealing with COVID hangover, you could call it,” said Hugh Daigle, who teaches petroleum engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.

When COVID-19 hit and demand for fuel fell dramatically, a lot of refining companies shut plants down, he said.

“Some refineries just shut down because of lack of demand, and they’re not coming back on. Then there was some weather-related issues also,” Daigle said. Last year’s freeze in Texas knocked several refineries offline, and some are still not operating at full capacity. 

But if refiner’s margins are so big and they’re making a killing on every barrel of fuel they get to market, why don’t energy companies just build more refineries while the money’s there?

It takes a lot of money and time to build refineries. Additionally, “investors do not want to see companies pouring money into organic oil and gas growth,”

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

LOL.

You honestly believe that shit like below and whipsawing the Keystone XL aren't what informs those investment decisions.  SMDH.

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/04/uttered-in-2008-still-haunting-obama-in-2012-074892

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”

That was a quick goal post move to coal.

"Sure the experts and oil company CEOs are saying they aren't building more refineries because of reduced ROI, but it's really Obama's coal policy" - Incredulity

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

That was a quick goal post move to coal.

"Sure the experts and oil company CEOs are saying they aren't building more refineries because of reduced ROI, but it's really Obama's coal policy" - Incredulity

Green Energy Policy only applies to Coal- Brain Genius

infinite power | Brainlet | Know Your Meme

• Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Green Energy Policy only applies to Coal- Brain Genius

infinite power | Brainlet | Know Your Meme

First, the Chevron CEO was clear the the move toward renewables is global, not US based.

Second, name the policy negatively effecting oil refining.  

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

First, the Chevron CEO was clear the the move toward renewables is global, not US based.

Second, name the policy negatively effecting oil refining.  

First, no shit. Not sure why that matters. Btw look how the countries, regions that are most advanced in it are doing. Hello, Europe. Hello California. 

Second, it’s a broad constellation of policies. Like the Chevron ceo said, everything out of the government for a while has forecasted that they are pursuing reduced demand of refined products. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

16 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Where were you all when gas prices went up under Carter?…Hmmmmmm…!!!???

in my dad's nuts, probably

13 hours ago, DaysOff said:

I guess Trump shouldn't have put over 100 oil producers out of business in 2018 after sucking off Saudi. Those left behind are reticent to increase investment in production after covid and Trump ass fucking.

Just put gas in your car. It's like 20 extra bucks a week tops. Stop being a whiny poor bitch. 20 bucks.

I mean, I get this sentiment, but it's not at all that simple. And you know that.

4 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

First, no shit. Not sure why that matters. Btw look how the countries, regions that are most advanced in it are doing. Hello, Europe. Hello California. 

Second, it’s a broad constellation of policies. Like the Chevron ceo said, everything out of the government for a while has forecasted that they are pursuing reduced demand of refined products. 

A lot to unpack here so let's take it in stages:

First, no shit. Not sure why that matters. 

It matters because your boy Incredulity blamed it on Green Energy Policies...in reference to Obama, and since this is the Biden thread, presumably him too.  So take your "no shit" up with him.

Btw look how the countries, regions that are most advanced in it are doing. Hello, Europe. Hello California.

Perhaps you've heard of the war in Ukraine and the European embargo on Russian oil/gas which cut off 36% of their supply.  That has fuck all to do with their renewable energy usage.  Shit, imagine how bad it would be without renewables.

As for California, what exactly is the problem? 

Second, it’s a broad constellation of policies.

Well, then, it should be easy for you to pick one of Biden's (or I'll even allow Obama) policies that has lead to a decrease in refining capacity.

Like the Chevron ceo said, everything out of the government for a while has forecasted that they are pursuing reduced demand of refined products.

Where the hell did he say that?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Look at how that continent Europe is doing. 

All they had to do was pack a lunch, huh. I don't neg people but you were this close. You are tone deaf and should be ignored.

Edited by Vegas64
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

It matters because your boy Incredulity blamed it on Green Energy Policies...in reference to Obama, and since this is the Biden thread, presumably him too.  So take your "no shit" up with him.

Perhaps you've heard of the war in Ukraine and the European embargo on Russian oil/gas which cut off 36% of their supply.  That has fuck all to do with their renewable energy usage.  Shit, imagine how bad it would be without renewables.

Well, then, it should be easy for you to pick one of Biden's (or I'll even allow Obama) policies that has lead to a decrease in refining capacity.

I applaud this, but you're wasting your time

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, mchookem said:

i'll help...he made two accurate points (dems are terrible at messaging and most of our media sucks). it must be rough for you to be too stupid to follow a simple conversation like that, but at least you have the courage to ask for help. 

Wow... This is delusion.  How can you watch that and have any confidence in that man?

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

As part of their renewables push, much of Europe banned natural gas drilling, opting to instead import from many places including Russia. That gave Putin leverage over them, emboldened him and helped fund his government. 

Even before Putin invaded Europe was experiencing the beginnings of an energy crisis. Electricity rates were spiking. 

21 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Some of the highest electricity rates in the country, rolling blackouts in the past. All while they’re about to shut down a large nuclear plant. Nonsensical. 

25 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

“You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying: we don’t want these products,” he said.

"Capacity is added by de-bottlenecking existing units by investing in existing refineries. But what we’ve seen over the last two years are shutdowns. We’ve seen refineries closed. We’ve seen units come down."

"We’ve seen refineries being repurposed to become bio refineries. And we live in a world where the policy, the stated policy of the U.S. government is to reduce demand for the products that refiners produce," he continued. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon