Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

5 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

First, no shit. Not sure why that matters. Btw look how the countries, regions that are most advanced in it are doing. Hello, Europe. Hello California. 

Second, it’s a broad constellation of policies. Like the Chevron ceo said, everything out of the government for a while has forecasted that they are pursuing reduced demand of refined products. 

No, its big business not seeing the profit margins they like therefore not investing in their own infrastructure. They do just enough to keep the engine running while funneling maximum profits into their pockets. The condition of the refineries isn't a recent problem, but you already knew that. You are simply trolling. They are the O&G equivalent of a slum lord.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Your post is a great example of Dem messaging. For some reason, those on the right have had lots of success with what you just did - pick a statement by a random person (usually a random twitter account) that is divisive, then use that statement as the official policy of the DNC, and ask "with policies like these, no wonder the Dems struggle."

GOP politicians do it all the time. They amplify some leftist tweet, parrot it as the Dems policy, and within a week its getting run on Tucker as "Biden's plan."\

This.  The Dems aren't saying "let them eat cake", they're just not being concise with the messaging.  Whether being better at it would matter is dubious.

It's not too hard to put the lion's share of the blame for inflation on (a) the price of oil and (b) supply chain issues due to the massive global disruption caused by the pandemic.  I can't say for sure that there haven't been political forces at play, or that this administration and the last one couldn't have managed things better with regard to these existential threats, but a lot of it was pretty much baked in.  

Americans are by and large too ignorant to really pay attention and grasp any nuance.  Covid cost Trump the White House in 2020, and inflation will cost Biden the White House in 2024.  Minor to moderate failures in managing those two platters of shit probably don't really matter in the long run when it comes to election results.  Shit happens on a macro scale, and fingers get pointed.  It's what we do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

are there really people who can find their way to this site that are actually dumb enough to believe that the market dynamics governing oil and gas economics are actually driven by u.s. political leadership?

that is genuinely astounding to me.

These are the same people who believe that the United States is uniquely great and that we won World War II all by ourselves.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Can you please explain?

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

No, because he's a lying troll who's been banned multiple times for spamming disinformation. Why are you engaging him?

Money printing is inflationary. Our monetary base expanded massively in the last two years. 

C24-BF939-33-BC-41-E4-A270-235-CDAFB2-A5

that filters through to just about all commodities, including energy and food. 

The energy transition is a rapid move from reliable, energy dense forms to less reliable, but cleaner forms once they’re deployed. This has involved discouraging investment over a prolonged period of time in reliable forms of energy and their infrastructure. The result over time has been/will be shortages of energy which will cause price surges and add to inflation.

Food and utility bills make up a higher proportion of lower income expenditures so they obviously feel the pain more. 

A secondary effect in the increase in certain commodity prices like natural gas will be increased fertilizer prices. Less fertilizer used on the margins equals less crop yields globally. While here we are only feeling relatively minor annoyances like being unable to pay your utility bill or food costs taking up more of your budget, globally we will see some level of famine coming.

All that said there are a couple considerations. Putin’s invasion of Ukraine and our resulting sanctions exacerbated a lot of these forces, but as Longhorn Matt said this stuff was starting to happen before he made his move.

Also, the energy transition is being undertaken in pursuit of a larger goal. Whether you think it’s worthwhile or not is up to the individual. I think people supporting the move should own it and make their case why all this is worth it. 

This ceo and participant in the world economic forum agrees. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Also, the energy transition is being undertaken in pursuit of a larger goal. Whether you think it’s worthwhile or not is up to the individual. I think people supporting the move should own it and make their case why all this is worth it. 

Ignoring my own advice to highlight this statement. 

This is what a troll looks like. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, sidis said:

are there really people who can find their way to this site that are actually dumb enough to believe that the market dynamics governing oil and gas economics are actually driven by u.s. political leadership?

that is genuinely astounding to me.

You are smarter than this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I said no such thing. 

The stimulus was fiscal and monetary. 

Money printing is apolitical anyway. Maybe the ultimate both sides issue. I’ve always said that. 

But fiscal policy is extremely political, and while both parties are slaves to capital, one side consistently favors fiscal policies that overwhelmingly benefit the rich.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

But fiscal policy is extremely political, and while both parties are slaves to capital, one side consistently favors fiscal policies that overwhelmingly benefit the rich.

Ah yes. The party of the working man. Represented by a President whose only demographic with greater than 50% approval is white college graduates. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Ah yes. The party of the working man. Represented by a President whose only demographic with greater than 50% approval is white college graduates. 

Uneducated white people overwhelmingly vote against their own best interests. That's nothing new and you already knew that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Biden should be sitting under an electric blanket in his 85 degree house and cutting out newspaper clippings to send to his grandchildren. You guys are cruel for making him run the free world.

Now do Trump.

• Haha 1

Just now, Immaculate Vibes said:

Policies on both sides overwhelmingly favor the rich. Dont be such a putz. 

But when it comes to fiscal policy, one side is more glaringly obvious in funneling money to the rich than the other, as evidenced by the rush to cut taxes and spending whenever a Republican enters the White House. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

i'm old enough to remember when the republicans forced two jobless recoveries in a row to make sure that workers stayed poor and beholden to jerb creaturs!  we entered this year with poors having the most wealth in our country's history. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Money printing is inflationary. Our monetary base expanded massively in the last two years. 

C24-BF939-33-BC-41-E4-A270-235-CDAFB2-A5

that filters through to just about all commodities, including energy and food. 

The energy transition is a rapid move from reliable, energy dense forms to less reliable, but cleaner forms once they’re deployed. This has involved discouraging investment over a prolonged period of time in reliable forms of energy and their infrastructure. The result over time has been/will be shortages of energy which will cause price surges and add to inflation.

Food and utility bills make up a higher proportion of lower income expenditures so they obviously feel the pain more. 

A secondary effect in the increase in certain commodity prices like natural gas will be increased fertilizer prices. Less fertilizer used on the margins equals less crop yields globally. While here we are only feeling relatively minor annoyances like being unable to pay your utility bill or food costs taking up more of your budget, globally we will see some level of famine coming.

All that said there are a couple considerations. Putin’s invasion of Ukraine and our resulting sanctions exacerbated a lot of these forces, but as Longhorn Matt said this stuff was starting to happen before he made his move.

This ceo and participant in the world economic forum agrees. 

I appreciate your response. 

Not to steal Anastasia's schtick but it sounds like you're blaming both sides.

Adding to the money supply has been a bi-partisan endeavor.  Trump added $3 trillion while Biden did $2 trillion.  But that was all done to keep the country afloat during COVID.  I have no problem with either of their efforts in this regard.

Regarding energy, the Dems are pushing for more renewable energy which will be great in the long run but will have growing pains as the grids need to be updated.  Yes, these will drive utility costs up in the short-term but prices will come down once the infrastructure is in place.  This was partially explained upthread when discussing why California's prices are high, but there is also a good article in Forbes that goes into a lot more detail.

But utilities are just half the picture.  Rising fuel costs are really unrelated to green initiatives.  The problem is refining capacity.  This isn't a problem that could be solved by more drilling or a pipeline.  Because the issues isn't supply to the refineries it's the output.  Lots of refineries were shut down during the pandemic do to lack of demand, and they are not coming back on line because companies and investors don't want to make the investments.  As the CEO of Chevron pointed out in the article you posted, they haven't built new refining capacity since the 70's. You can't pin that on Obama or Biden.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm old enough to remember when the republicans forced two jobless recoveries in a row to make sure that workers stayed poor and beholden to jerb creaturs!  we entered this year with poors having the most wealth in our country's history. 

Who are the poors exactly?

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I appreciate your response. 

Not to steal Anastasia's schtick but it sounds like you're blaming both sides.

Adding to the money supply has been a bi-partisan endeavor.  Trump added $3 trillion while Biden did $2 trillion.  But that was all done to keep the country afloat during COVID.  I have no problem with either of their efforts in this regard.

Regarding energy, the Dems are pushing for more renewable energy which will be great in the long run but will have growing pains as the grids need to be updated.  Yes, these will drive utility costs up in the short-term but prices will come down once the infrastructure is in place.  This was partially explained upthread when discussing why California's prices are high, but there is also a good article in Forbes that goes into a lot more detail.

But utilities are just half the picture.  Rising fuel costs are really unrelated to green initiatives.  The problem is refining capacity.  This isn't a problem that could be solved by more drilling or a pipeline.  Because the issues isn't supply to the refineries it's the output.  Lots of refineries were shut down during the pandemic do to lack of demand, and they are not coming back on line because companies and investors don't want to make the investments.  As the CEO of Chevron pointed out in the article you posted, they haven't built new refining capacity since the 70's. You can't pin that on Obama or Biden.

I question whether all renewables will be great in the long run. You need a base load that can support everyone’s day to day usage of energy. Natural gas or nuclear should be big part of that. We will still need some fossil fuels for industrial processes as well. 

Our civilization thriving has been built on the back of increasing energy utilization. Are we really going to cut back on reliable energy? That’s what people are proposing. You’re asking lower Income people here and a lot of poor people abroad to curb their energy usage at least temporarily because it’s too expensive. But it will be better for the planet. Again just own it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, sidis said:

Not exclusively driven, but our leadership’s policies undoubtedly have an effect on the oil and gas markets. For an example, you have to look no further than our decision to ban Russian oil, and encouraging our allies to do the same, thus creating an artificial oil shortage and driving the price up (btw, I completely agree with this policy).

We are the world’s largest oil producer and, as such, our domestic policies, whether to encourage or hinder oil production, certainly have international implications.

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I question whether all renewables will be great in the long run. You need a base load that can support everyone’s day to day usage of energy.

I'm not sure who is pushing for "all renewables".  Seems like a strawman, but maybe it's out there.

Beyond that, it's as if the variability of renewable energy sources has been codified as "unpredictable" by the American right.  This is completely untrue.  In particular, wind is quite predictable, if we aggregate over regional wind farms.  Any one wind turbine might source less power at any given time, but the "base load" provided over hundreds of acres is highly predictable.  So, that's a non-starter.  The same goes for solar.  Yeah, sure, clouds arrive.  Predictably so, in terms of vast cloud cover.  

For fuck's sake, give  the scientists and engineers their due, they understand these effects and design to accommodate them.

Natural gas or nuclear should be big part of that.

Ab-so-fuck-ing-lute-ly.  Unfortunately, nuclear has been poisoned in this country, probably forever.  It's a shame.

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I question whether all renewables will be great in the long run. You need a base load that can support everyone’s day to day usage of energy. Natural gas or nuclear should be big part of that. We will still need some fossil fuels for industrial processes as well. 

Our civilization thriving has been built on the back of increasing energy utilization. Are we really going to cut back on reliable energy? That’s what people are proposing. You’re asking lower Income people here and a lot of poor people abroad to curb their energy usage at least temporarily because it’s too expensive. But it will be better for the planet. Again just own it. 

You question it because you're programmed to. It's not a matter can/can't. they are and will be great. And the technology will only get better. This is from 2016 - we have had 6 extra years to work on this and it's even more viable now than then. But like everything, it comes down to money and want. And ideas like this are lacking in one or both of those.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/09/22/we-could-power-the-entire-world-by-harnessing-solar-energy-from-1-of-the-sahara/

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

if we listen to adam smith it's the bottom 99.8%.  and from much of this thread the last couple of days it sounds like y'all have finally figured out that you're part of that group. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

You question it because you're programmed to. It's not a matter can/can't. they are and will be great. And the technology will only get better. This is from 2016 - we have had 6 extra years to work on this and it's even more viable now than then. But like everything, it comes down to money and want. And ideas like this are lacking in one or both of those.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/09/22/we-could-power-the-entire-world-by-harnessing-solar-energy-from-1-of-the-sahara/

Ah yes. That underinvested green energy. Puh leeze.

I’m actually not so bearish on solar. Even though we’re a ways away, I could see battery advances making solar more viable. Wind is trash. 

Im fine with pursuing solar as long as get more of the raw materials required are moved on shore. Manufactured polysilicone as well. We are beholden to China on that.

Push nuclear and natural gas aggressively. We need fossil fuels whether people believe it or not. We will still need gasoline/Diesel for the foreseeable future as well  

Overall I think we should err more on the side of energy security vs a hasty energy transition. It’s the way that gives us the best strategic position over the next 50 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

18 minutes ago, elfenix said:

if we listen to adam smith it's the bottom 99.8%.  and from much of this thread the last couple of days it sounds like y'all have finally figured out that you're part of that group. 

You said we entered the year with poors having the most wealth ever. You mean on an absolute or relative basis?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Joe Biden got everyone vaccinated and we no longer have posters cosplaying as Dr Fauci for three years with their sales roles as experience. So annoying, the backtracking and pretending to know better than actual professionals in a new never before seen illness. Would have been greatly aided by a supportive president. Don tried his hardest to turn people antivax for some reason and there’s lots of dead Americans for that reason who didn’t embrace health professionals. Lots of sad lonely winters for widows all across our blessed USA coming this year, praying for them to get through these hard times.

Joe Biden is crushing job gains and will easily walk away with the title of top jobs President in history of FOUREVER and it’s not people returning to their same dead end bullshit. It’s because of the vaccine access we got up and running quicker than most countries. I cry every night thinking about that. Got a lump pillow from my eyes crying over our success an nothing else. Can’t name one country better off than us without dealing with inflashuhn. Don’t you dare Google, nobody cares about Luxembourg in Sunday Church,USA.

Youre being paid more than you ever have, sucks that eggs cost 20 cents more tho. Your kid is hoggin your wife’s titty cause of failures by the last admin. I already pray for boobs, hope you do too.

Rural counties are still mostly worthless, but Joe cares enough to give you internet and hopes they take care of your parents. This whole internet thing, it will allow you all to learn to communicate and gain skills for free and from the comfort of your home and whenever you’re ready to start if you care. You’ll be able to apply for higher paying jobs through free sites using templates of things you have already done.Medicaid expansion is cool and 78% of the country has done it already.

I know it’s not the Fourth of July but I’ve never been prouder to be an American.

American made

EF790406-E4FA-4D05-BD60-DA4F17D01329.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Joe Biden got everyone vaccinated and we no longer have posters cosplaying as Dr Fauci for three years with their sales roles as experience. So annoying, the backtracking and pretending to know better than actual professionals in a new never before seen illness. Would have been greatly aided by a supportive president. Don tried his hardest to turn people antivax for some reason and there’s lots of dead Americans for that reason who didn’t embrace health professionals. Lots of sad lonely winters for widows all across our blessed USA coming this year, praying for them to get through these hard times.

Joe Biden is crushing job gains and will easily walk away with the title of top jobs President in history of FOUREVER and it’s not people returning to their same dead end bullshit. It’s because of the vaccine access we got up and running quicker than most countries. I cry every night thinking about that. Got a lump pillow from my eyes crying over our success an nothing else. Can’t name one country better off than us without dealing with inflashuhn. Don’t you dare Google, nobody cares about Luxembourg in Sunday Church,USA.

Youre being paid more than you ever have, sucks that eggs cost 20 cents more tho. Your kid is hoggin your wife’s titty cause of failures by the last admin. I already pray for boobs, hope you do too.

Rural counties are still mostly worthless, but Joe cares enough to give you internet and hopes they take care of your parents. This whole internet thing, it will allow you all to learn to communicate and gain skills for free and from the comfort of your home and whenever you’re ready to start if you care. You’ll be able to apply for higher paying jobs through free sites using templates of things you have already done.Medicaid expansion is cool and 78% of the country has done it already.

I know it’s not the Fourth of July but I’ve never been prouder to be an American.

American made

EF790406-E4FA-4D05-BD60-DA4F17D01329.jpeg

This is the type of very high quality content that immamac should be paying us posters to generate here. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

You thought you were Fauci

I've never lied to Congress.

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s really funny with none of the experience you had, and that you knew I was talking about youz

Lulz. You should stick to posting pics of joe licking ice cream. It's your sweet spot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny. I was just thinking Ana is about 100x the poster, and the salesforce rep guy has to be a sock. 

Rep? Hahaha. Under no circumstances would I ever hang out with Texas State grads and do sales.

Edited by StassneyHorn

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

4 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Overall I think we should err more on the side of energy security vs a hasty energy transition. It’s the way that gives us the best strategic position over the next 50 years. 

kick that can on down the road.  same fucking story for 6 fucking decades already.  maybe one day that bucket of piss will be warm. 

4 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You said we entered the year with poors having the most wealth ever. You mean on an absolute or relative basis?

if you knew a quarter as much about economics as you pretend to with your youtube.u degree you'd know the answer to this already.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon