Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah I agree with you and you won’t hear me telling anyone to drive less.  I also won’t get snarky with a bootstraps rebuttal. 

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Bootstrap Leftists are my favorite Leftists.

GIF by FOX International Channels

• Hook 'Em 1

MNL was having trouble talking to fat pasty chicks in Minnesota and created a thread where he would ask what to say back. It was cringe. Was like watching a 25 year old 8th grader find his balls.

Take it to the MNL thread about something that happened 13.5 years ago

And it was entertaining. I never went out with her.
  • Like 1

The price of gas rose from $1.49/gal at W's inauguration to $4.11/gal in the summer of 2008.  That's the equivalent of $5.52/gal now.

Where were all my "fiscal conservative" Republican friends then?

Oh, you were silent?

Fuck every one of you hypocrites.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

No the only way to get through to people like you is to emasculate you publicly.

60 second response time to a convo that happened 6 hrs ago? And you want to make fun of my inability to talk to girls from 13.5 years ago?? Lmao.

Get a life. You’re not emasculating anybody. Especially on an online message board.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Do you guys hear yourselves? 

"Just drive less".

Add it to the greatest Baby Boomer compilation. Other hits include:

Just get a better paying job.

Just stop eating out as much.

Just cut back on buying Starbucks.

Just learn to code.

Just put back some money for savings every month.

It’s the energy transition. It’s the price we’re paying to save the planet. It’s intentional and I’m willing to guess almost none of the policymakers involved care beyond it hurting them in the polls. 

Just wait til they start going after agriculture in full force. Livestock is bad for the environment, don’t ya know?

Wow these beef prices are crazy high!

“Eat less meat, peasant.” David Dennison

Eat the bugs instead. Good source of protein. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Where were you all when gas prices went up under Carter?…Hmmmmmm…!!!???

I was freezing my ass off as a kid because my parents did what Carter asked, setting the thermostat to 55 F at night (and driving 55 mph on the interstate).

You, bitch?

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Here's a weird thought: if gas costs too much, don't drive so much. It's not rocket surgery.

2 hours ago, royiv said:

This. Even before gas prices went up, I chose to live in a central part of the city. I hate traffic so I (and my wife) picked a neighborhood where everything I need is close by. My wife has a six year old car and it has 25k miles on it. My car is four months old and has less than 1k miles on it and that includes two round trips from Houston to Austin. A lot of driving is discretionary. A lot is caused by people who insist they need a 10k sf lot to live on so buy in suburbs 30 miles from anything. 

Come on, this is fucked. There are tons of people who don't have the option to drive less because you know that weird thing  called work and living in the city center wtf lol. Good luck with that and picking neighborhoods where everything is close by isn't an option for alot of people either. They get in where they fit in due to economic issues mostly. 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:
It’s the energy transition. It’s the price we’re paying to save the planet. It’s intentional and I’m willing to guess almost none of the policymakers involved care beyond it hurting them in the polls. 

Just wait til they start going after agriculture in full force. Livestock is bad for the environment, don’t ya know?

Wow these beef prices are crazy high!
“Eat less meat, peasant.” David Dennison

Eat the bugs instead. Good source of protein. 

just a reminder that making this as painful as possible is what GRHorn here wants, in service to exxon and saudi arabia, even though nearly nothing is inuring to his benefit. 

and GRhorn conveniently fails to mention his favorite dictator in all this. shocker.

47 minutes ago, Incredulity said:
Where were you all when gas prices went up under Carter?…Hmmmmmm…!!!???

somehow we didn't learn from any of the prior arab oil embargoes. at the behest of incredulity and GRhorn and fatty.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vegas64 said:

Do you guys hear yourselves? 

"Just drive less".

Add it to the greatest Baby Boomer compilation. Other hits include:

Just get a better paying job.

Just stop eating out as much.

Just cut back on buying Starbucks.

Just learn to code.

Just put back some money for savings every month.

Just learn the basics of supply and demand.

12 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Come on, this is fucked. There are tons of people who don't have the option to drive less because you know that weird thing  called work and living in the city center wtf lol. Good luck with that and picking neighborhoods where everything is close by isn't an option for alot of people either. They get in where they fit in due to economic issues mostly. 

But there are tons of people who do have the option to drive less but because they are spoiled rotten Americans and can't be inconvenienced in the slightest, they choose not to. Those are the people working hard to keep upward pressure on the price of gas. Not the people who have no choice.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
2 hours ago, royiv said:
This. Even before gas prices went up, I chose to live in a central part of the city. I hate traffic so I (and my wife) picked a neighborhood where everything I need is close by. My wife has a six year old car and it has 25k miles on it. My car is four months old and has less than 1k miles on it and that includes two round trips from Houston to Austin. A lot of driving is discretionary. A lot is caused by people who insist they need a 10k sf lot to live on so buy in suburbs 30 miles from anything. 

Talk about being out of touch. The people who are affected by a rise in gas prices just need to move to the city center of one of the most expensive cities in the country. Wow.

https://sf.curbed.com/2019/8/20/20814179/housing-crisis-teachers-educators-san-francisco-average-rent

Most teachers in SF and San Mateo County cannot afford to rent

city should provide a free Tesla 

27 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

60 second response time to a convo that happened 6 hrs ago? And you want to make fun of my inability to talk to girls from 13.5 years ago?? Lmao.

Get a life. You’re not emasculating anybody. Especially on an online message board.

I posted 5 minutes before you in this exact thread and received a notification. Do we have to explain to you how notifications work also?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, elfenix said:

just a reminder that making this as painful as possible is what GRHorn here wants, in service to exxon and saudi arabia, even though nearly nothing is inuring to him. 

Nice try attempting to put the blame elsewhere. Because there will be more pain.

But you should just own it. Your motives are pure. People will probably thank you down the line.

“I’m glad we eat the bugs. Imagine how much worse it would be if we didn’t.” Surly CR-2030

39 minutes ago, elfenix said:

somehow we didn't learn from any of the prior arab oil embargoes. at the behest of incredulity and GRhorn and fatty.

Out with the old-Arab oil embargoes. 
In with the new-Chinese polysilicon and other raw material embargoes? 

Of course all this talk about supply diminishes the importance of one factor close to my heart. The money printer is always going brrrr. You’ll probably try to say I support that as well. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is this the part where you pretend that you held Republicans accountable for TARP?

I was too busy with work to follow back then. I didn’t have any money in the market so it wasn’t really a focus.  

This cycle started with Trump and the initial Covid stimulus. I’ve been clear about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I was too busy with work to follow back then. I didn’t have any money in the market so it wasn’t really a focus.  

This cycle started with Trump and the initial Covid stimulus. I’ve been clear about that. 

It started with the bailout of Wall Street. It hasn't stopped. It never will as long as we let capital run the show.

4 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

I'm talking about people who are driving a 2010 Nissan Sentra or a 2016 Kia Soul or something because it's all we can afford being told to just drive less because gas (everything really) being higher is painful and being told to just drive less.

I'm not talking about your neighbor in the rich suburbs who recreationally bought a huge vehicle they didn't need and are complaining about gas.

People aged 18-30 exist in mass quantities in America.

Where are all these poor people coming from? Yuck

4 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

I'm talking about people who are driving a 2010 Nissan Sentra or a 2016 Kia Soul or something because it's all we can afford being told to just drive less because gas (everything really) being higher is painful and being told to just drive less.

I'm not talking about your neighbor in the rich suburbs who recreationally bought a huge vehicle they didn't need and are complaining about gas.

People aged 18-30 exist in mass quantities in America.

So if those mass quantities of 18-30 year olds happen live in a major metropolitan area, it's poor form to suggest they use public transportation when gas prices surge?

OK.

I guess Trump shouldn't have put over 100 oil producers out of business in 2018 after sucking off Saudi. Those left behind are reticent to increase investment in production after covid and Trump ass fucking.

Just put gas in your car. It's like 20 extra bucks a week tops. Stop being a whiny poor bitch. 20 bucks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'd take the under.

Counting on economic depression huh?

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Can any one of the right wingers on this thread point to a single thing Biden did to raise gas prices?  

Here’s stuff he could do. Not everything I agree with but here you go. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Set the line to create some action. We'll talk over/under after that. I am smart enough to know that you are full of shit. 

If the O/U is the national average of a gallon of regular today (and if I were a betting man, which I am not), I would take the under for the price of a gallon on election day 2024.

10 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Counting on economic depression huh?

Here’s stuff he could do. Not everything I agree with but here you go. 

Cut the fuel tax = reduces revenues.  Maybe an OK idea but I don't know the real pros and cons

Permit pipelines - Bad idea.  First of all, any possible benefit is way down the road.  Are you talking about pipelines on Tribal lands?  Then NO.  Pipelines for asphalt sands or fracking.  NO.  

Cut regulations on drilling - What regulations are increasing gas prices?  Tell me first.  If it has anything to do with DEP or EPA, then NO.

Permit refinery expansions -  What's holding them up?  Safety?  Clean air and water?  Be specific.

Cut the ethanol mandate - I don't know what this is.  Tell me.

So far it looks like a polluter and profiteer's wishlist.  Why did gas go up over the last year, anyway?  Are oil companies making record profits by any chance?

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It started with the bailout of Wall Street. It hasn't stopped. It never will as long as we let capital run the show.

I meant the cycle of inflation.

The bush/Obama bailouts of wall st definitely started our final decline. Entrenched moral hazard in the system. From that point the Fed monetary policy has basically been to benefit the financial industry.  
Revolving doors really got started. 

It basically accelerated the cycle of disenchantment that led to Trump and has continued to this day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The bush/Obama bailouts of wall st definitely started our final decline. Entrenched moral hazard in the system. From that point the Fed monetary policy has basically been to benefit the financial industry.  

It basically accelerated the cycle of disenchantment that led to Trump and has continued to this day. 

Which is ironic because you and the other Trump voters are enabling a party that cares about one thing and one thing only: making the rich richer through governmental policy.

Good job.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

That's a lot of words to say "not enough bitcoin."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Which is ironic because you and the other Trump voters are enabling a party that cares about one thing and one thing only: making the rich richer through governmental policy.

Good job.

Lulz. Obama, Tim Geithner, Eric Holder, Janet Yellen et al would like to have a word. Quit looking at everything through a partisan lens. Grow up. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Gas prices are high because there is a war going on in Europe.

Thanks a lot, Brandon.

I thought I was as left they come but god damn your past posts here are stupid and so out of touch. I get now why the Dems can't control the narrative they think like this. Drive less or move if you don't like it. I get their are tons of different issues factoring into all this but the messaging is wrong for a ton of people who can't afford this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, Zepol87 said:

I thought I was as left they come but god damn your past posts here are stupid and so out of touch. I get now why the Dems can't control the narrative they think like this. Drive less or move if you don't like it. I get their are tons of different issues factoring into all this but the messaging is wrong for a ton of people who can't afford this shit. 

Democrats don't think like me. They are way more conservative.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon