LSU vs KSU Crawdads vs Wheat

ButtFumble

3 hours ago, Droopy said:

I agree but Opt-outs and portals are the new norm. The LSU D is missing 2 starting DL and all three LBs. of course, at least they still played the game. 

Aggyland, Home of the 12th Man Myth. 👎🏼

No need to waste type space or breath, just shorten it to:

Home of the 12th Myth

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

LSU not quitting I give the that, but they are not the deep team that some past LSU teams were

9 hours ago, bullet said:

Unreal given those last 3 recruiting classes.

9 hours ago, Droopy said:

I agree but Opt-outs and portals are the new norm. The LSU D is missing 2 starting DL and all three LBs. 

They had 39 scholarship players for the game.  This isn't an issue of not being as "deep" as previous years. 

9 hours ago, Droopy said:

of course, at least they still played the game. 

This.  Pretty amazing they kept it as close as it was.

11 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Watching the K-State fans celebrate in their goofy purple overalls, with their ridiculous powercat videos and their high school cheers... reminds me how fucking painful it can be to lose to a shitty glorified high school on the prairie.  

I don't know if that's the LSU fans' reaction though.  If those hillbillies moved to Louisiana, they'd all be tutors. 

at least we finally got to .500 in big 12 play against kstate.  christ.

i think i have it right at 9-9.  kstate won in 98, 99, 06 (ugh), 07, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16.  texas won in 02, 03, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.  both teams won five in a row and traded blows the in the rest.  home team won from 13-16.  they killed us in 98, applewhite sucked in 99, one of mack's most impressive wins in 02, and a great win in 03.  kstate and ou are the only two teams we don't have winning records against in big 12 play...even with the shitty ass last decade.

• Hook 'Em 1

i think i have it right at 9-9.  kstate won in 98, 99, 06 (ugh), 07, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16.  texas won in 02, 03, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.  both teams won five in a row and traded blows the in the rest.  home team won from 13-16.  they killed us in 98, applewhite sucked in 99, one of mack's most impressive wins in 02, and a great win in 03.  kstate and ou are the only two teams we don't have winning records against in big 12 play...even with the shitty ass last decade.
I will never, ever forget or forgive the Ron Prince years!
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

The old cross-division format in the Big 12 -- home/home and then skip two years -- there was a period of almost a decade where that worked out really well for K State.  They didn't have to play *any* of the four best Texas teams of the modern era - 04, 05, 08, and 09.  If memory serves, the Vince Young juggernaut went two years with only one conference loss (12-0 in Dallas to OU), and the very salty Colt McCoy teams also went two years with a singular (but devastating) loss in Lubbock.  

K State didn't play any of those teams, but they did play two much more average Texas teams in 06 and 07 and a couple of shitshows in 10 and 11.

36 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

The old cross-division format in the Big 12 -- home/home and then skip two years -- there was a period of almost a decade where that worked out really well for K State.  They didn't have to play *any* of the four best Texas teams of the modern era - 04, 05, 08, and 09.  If memory serves, the Vince Young juggernaut went two years with only one conference loss (12-0 in Dallas to OU), and the very salty Colt McCoy teams also went two years with a singular (but devastating) loss in Lubbock.  

K State didn't play any of those teams, but they did play two much more average Texas teams in 06 and 07 and a couple of shitshows in 10 and 11.

indeed.  they also benefited significantly from colt getting hurt on a qb sneak on the opening drive of the 2006 game.  that would have been a 24 point win but-for that stupid ass call.

the 2007 ron prince/jordy nelson special was the most insanely bizarre bullshit i witnessed that decade.  they sucked.

10, 11, 12 were stupid, we blew and they were okay to good.  16 should have been a win if foreman could fucking catch a ball that shane dropped in his basket in the endzone.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

indeed.  they also benefited significantly from colt getting hurt on a qb sneak on the opening drive of the 2006 game.  that would have been a 24 point win but-for that stupid ass call.

the 2007 ron prince/jordy nelson special was the most insanely bizarre bullshit i witnessed that decade.  they sucked.

10, 11, 12 were stupid, we blew and they were okay to good.  16 should have been a win if foreman could fucking catch a ball that shane dropped in his basket in the endzone.

'11 was the game that KSU won on less than 125 yards of offense.  Game also barely broke three hours.  I was at DKR, and afterwards I was like "what the hell just happened?'

1 hour ago, sidis said:

Which is probably why a hit in the same place 3 years later vs. Bama knocked him out of the game.  Mack doesn't sneak Colt in 2006 and Texas wins in 2009.

• Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, Droopy said:

I agree but Opt-outs and portals are the new norm. The LSU D is missing 2 starting DL and all three LBs. 

of course, at least they still played the game. 

Aggyland, Home of the 12th Man Myth. 👎🏼

dude...20 out of 22 on our defense's two-deep weren't there. 

Edited by Kyrie Eleison

9 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

'11 was the game that KSU won on less than 125 yards of offense.  Game also barely broke three hours.  I was at DKR, and afterwards I was like "what the hell just happened?'

Omg that game was infuriating.  We fell behind 17-3 and lost 17-13. 

First downs - Texas 15, KSU 8
Third down - Texas 8-19, KSU 4-16
Total yards - Texas 310, KSU 121

But David Ash threw 2 INT.  He had a QBR of 3.2.  

• Rage+1 2

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

was that before or after his head fell off? 🤔

57 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

dude...20 out of 22 on our defense's two-deep weren't there. 

That sounds like a lot. In all seriousness though,  props to LSU for playing in the game. The outcome was predictable, but they came away looking better for having been there. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Was this the game with the horseshit interference call on the KSU fumbled punt?

I’m trying to remember if we ran two QB sneaks here. Pretty sure we scored once and they didn’t give it to us.

So I’m just going to assume. We scored but weren’t rewarded so then Colt gets hurt on a played that never should have happened.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

I’m trying to remember if we ran two QB sneaks here. Pretty sure we scored once and they didn’t give it to us.

So I’m just going to assume. We scored but weren’t rewarded so then Colt gets hurt on a played that never should have happened.

four chances from the 1 actually...two sneaks.

• 1st & 10 at TEX 20

(14:37 - 1st) Colt McCoy pass complete to Billy Pittman for 9 yards to the Texas 29.

• 2nd & 1 at TEX 29

(14:31 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for 8 yards to the Texas 37 for a 1ST down.

• 1st & 10 at TEX 37

(13:59 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for 9 yards to the Texas 46.

• 2nd & 1 at TEX 46

(13:28 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for 1 yard to the Texas 47 for a 1ST down.

• 1st & 10 at TEX 47

(12:55 - 1st) Colt McCoy pass complete to Jamaal Charles for 9 yards to the KanSt 44.

• 2nd & 1 at KSU 44

(12:01 - 1st) Jamaal Charles rush for no gain to the KanSt 44.

• 3rd & 1 at KSU 44

(11:42 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for 6 yards to the KanSt 38 for a 1ST down.

• 1st & 10 at KSU 38

(11:12 - 1st) Colt McCoy pass complete to Billy Pittman for 25 yards to the KanSt 13 for a 1ST down.

• 1st & 10 at KSU 13

(11:01 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for 5 yards to the KanSt 8.

• 2nd & 5 at KSU 8

(10:27 - 1st) Colt McCoy pass complete to Quan Cosby for 7 yards to the KanSt 1 for a 1ST down.

• 1st & Goal at KSU 1

(9:40 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for no gain to the KanSt 1.

• 2nd & Goal at KSU 1

(9:20 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for no gain to the KanSt 1.

• 3rd & Goal at KSU 1

(8:40 - 1st) Colt McCoy rush for no gain to the KanSt 1.

• 4th & Goal at KSU 1

(8:07 - 1st) Colt McCoy rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN.

four chances from the 1 actually...two sneaks.   251.png&h=100&w=100Rushing Touchdowntexas drive: 14 plays 80 yards, 06:53 texas td, 6:53 TEX7KSU0

• 1st & Goal at KSU 1

(9:40 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for no gain to the KanSt 1.
  • 2nd & Goal at KSU 1

(9:20 - 1st) Selvin Young rush for no gain to the KanSt 1.
  • 3rd & Goal at KSU 1

(8:40 - 1st) Colt McCoy rush for no gain to the KanSt 1.
  • 4th & Goal at KSU 1

(8:07 - 1st) Colt McCoy rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN.

Come on Oline.

But I never knew the Big 12 refs cost us a national championship in 2009. I am quite confident that he scored on the first try so the second, presumably when the injury occurred, should not have happened. Then they helped hose Colt in 08.

Probably some damn west Texas guy pissed he didn’t attend Tech.