Texas at Oklahoma State on CBS @ 1pm.

SDG

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

How the fuck was askew a 5 star high rated guy out of high school? He literally does nothing.

I wouldn't say he does nothing but more of a distributor than anything else. No idea how he was rated so highly given he isn't particularly tall, isn't particularly athletic, and not a confident shooter. 

Did Jones just run down the floor like Red from "Friday" after the TO? That looked funny

11 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Is there anyone who is positive who regularly posts on game threads? The doom and gloom on here is unbelievable. I'm not saying Texas comes away with the win, but holy fucking Alamo, folks. It is possible for Texas to win with 11:48 left down by 6.

The chicken littles come out in full force for college basketball. The more ignorant they are the more chicken little they become. 

1 minute ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Are you familiar with Texas basketball? We fucking suck. BAD. Remember Abilene Christian in the big dance? Many reasons (seasons?) for the the doom and gloom outlook. We’ve certainly earned it.

Anyone who expected different from Shaka Smart wasn't paying attention. I gave up on that guy sometime in his second season. 

It's a different coach, who frankly has performed miracles simply putting the team together he did. They're not world beaters, but they play hard, disciplined defense. He's also a coach who has made an Elite Eight and a national championship in his last job. 

The offense looks very similar to what I saw at Texas Tech. Tech had some better backcourts at times, but even then watching them on offense wasn't a lot of fun a lot of the time. And there was never really any kind of low post attack. 

I'm excited about the journey we're about to go on. I don't know how long it takes for some of you to get on board on a game to game basis, but I look forward to it. Chris Beard is not infallible. But his teams play hard, they play disciplined, they improve over the course of the year, and they are tournament ready.

I'm not even all that worried if Texas loses this game. I'd prefer they didn't, but it's hardly the end of the world. And, I truly believe Texas is going to find a way to pull it out. We'll see.

• Hook 'Em 2