2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

I don’t know if any of you have ever heard of Hawley before last years state final, but that place is a blackhole of athletic talent. It’s also a shitbox of a town. The biggest employer in that town is the Shell station and post office

The only athletic success they’ve ever had was in 1995 or 1997 they made it to the state finals in softball and that’s it. Pretty sure that from 1995-2015 if you combined all of their W’s in football it wouldn’t equal to double digits. Absolutely godawful. Any kid that showed any kind of promise either transferred to Abilene High or Merkel in 8th grade. The fact that they’re finally having some success in football is pretty damn cool. They’ve wandered the desert for a long damn time

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Please tell me he chose Duncanville

On 12/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, Helobious said:

Helo Redemption week:

6AD1: NS beats Duncanville. Fully believe in Amador the Matador 

6AD2: Desoto beats Vandy. Too explosive on offense.

5AD1: Aledo beats CS, cause they’re Aledo. 

5AD2: PNG beats SOC like 14-7. SOC turnovers doom them. Also seems unwise to pick against a team with a Vietnamese running back.

4AD1: Boerne beats China spring. Greyhound destiny

4AD2: Carthage beats Wimberley, because they’re Carthage 

3AD1: Brock beats Franklin in an upset.

3AD2: Poth beats Gunter, region 4 rise up

2AD1: Refugio beats Hawthorne, south Texas power baby

2AD2: Mart beats Albany. I’ve heard of Mart before

1AD1: Abbott beats Westbrook. I have never heard of these towns/schools in my life 

1AD2: Loraine beats Benjamin. I have never heard of these towns/schools in my life.

• Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, slorch said:

Happy for Denney Faith to get his State Championship.

He is a small school coaching legend, who put in the time and work to earn that ring.

Congratulations, Albany Lions!!!

Of all the towns out there around Abilene, Albany is one of the nicer ones. If you have a chance, eat at the Beehive.  Glad to see the Big Country take down Mart. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The high schools is the heart and soul of these small towns.

There are pluses and minuses to it for sure, but when you’re on the good side of it, got dam  it  can be great!

even if I never got the whip cream bikini…

55 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

all this, it’s over 

I’ll be curious to hear the gossip about what the Refugio team did last night. They look hung over 

Playing the state championship game Thursday (or Wednesday) morning is bullshit, so I'd blame it on that if I were them.  f jerryworld.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

There are pluses and minuses to it for sure, but when you’re on the good side of it, got dam  it  can be great!

even if I never got the whip cream bikini…

Eh, you probably wouldn't look very good in a whip cream bikini anyways.  

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

Playing the state championship game Thursday (or Wednesday) morning is bullshit, so I'd blame it on that if I were them.  f jerryworld.

I agree with this. Being selfish, I enjoy all the state games in one location because they were then televised as a marathon. But it has to suck to play the biggest game of the season in the morning in a giant spaceship. Yes, it's indoors and weather will never be a factor. And I'm sure the kids enjoy getting the Jerry World experience but the the atmosphere isn't there like if it was a Friday night game in a stadium much more suited for their level.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I agree with this. Being selfish, I enjoy all the state games in one location because they were then televised as a marathon. But it has to suck to play the biggest game of the season in the morning in a giant spaceship. Yes, it's indoors and weather will never be a factor. And I'm sure the kids enjoy getting the Jerry World experience but the the atmosphere isn't there like if it was a Friday night game in a stadium much more suited for their level.

The six-man champ games should go back to Shotwell.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2