and the reds and the jews.
Waiting to follow the worms.

Would you like to see Britannia
Rule again, my friend?
All you have to do is follow the worms.
Would you like to send our colored cousins
Home again, my friend?

All you need to do is follow the worms.

I've got to watch that movie. How odd this was the theme music when the Berlin Wall was torn down. We are so stupid, we humans, to think that this great day or this bad day will never end. The great day is in great danger.

I read from the book of Brisket. Praise be.

You know, here's the fundamental problem -- GOP dudes, why do you have to be such fucking DICKS all the fucking time?  Jesus, just be fucking cool, man.  Who gives a fuck who buys a damned house?  Or a cake?  Or who marches down the street for what fucking cause?  Fucking chill, and don't be fucking DICKS all the time.

• Like 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You know, here's the fundamental problem -- GOP dudes, why do you have to be such fucking DICKS all the fucking time?  Jesus, just be fucking cool, man.  Who gives a fuck who buys a damned house?  Or a cake?  Or who marches down the street for what fucking cause?  Fucking chill, and don't be fucking DICKS all the time.

No shit.  It's one thing to have retrograde social positions and policies, but why do you have to be such DICKS about them?

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, i don't think kneeling in front of the house would bring the desired outcome...

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

FIFY. 

Fuck off.

If they can pay for the house, why the fuck else would I care?

What's funny is the left claiming high ground on staying calm.   LOFL.  No you don't.  Not even close.

Edited by slorch

re: Free Market Sort it Out People

What's crazy to me is that everyone knows the gays are nice to have in your neighborhood, in moderation unless you are into the Cedar Springs kinda culture/events, because DINKs really drive up home values for everyone. They take care of their home, a lot of times they renovate, and they are generally nice neighbors who take care of their property. What's not to love about that as a home owner?

41 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I’m just waiting for the usual suspects to come here and defend this with their bullshit “let the free market sort it out” argument.

I'm a big believer in letting the free market sort most things out...I like to know who the bigots are so I can spend my money elsewhere...but this shit is the exact opposite of a free market.  Free market is based on supply and demand...these fucks are literally removing the supply...land isn't exactly a fungible commodity.

This is truly a litmus test President.   You cannot support him and his ilk and not be rightfully thought of as a traitor and a deplorable human.   Not at this point.

Like I said, they’re just fucking MEAN. For fuck’s sake, why? It’s the party of MEAN, led by a fucking bully. There’s no decency or kindness in them.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

This shit is chilling.

The most chilling quote from that scene is the line, "If I had *my* way, they'd all be round up and shot."

Because he's implying that he doesn't have the power to do so... that the law is in his way. In that one moment, he gets to pass himself off as someone who isn't an authoritarian, and he gets to pretend he's bound by the rule of law. But all the while he's inciting the audience to act as a mob on his behalf. He's inviting them to do what he seems like he wishes he could. It's creepy.

Edited by ndawg

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Like I said, they’re just fucking MEAN. For fuck’s sake, why? It’s the party of MEAN, led by a fucking bully. There’s no decency or kindness in them.

It's amazing that they get the support they do. It's really kind of sad.

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that sexuality constitutes a protected class.  It only applies to New York, Connecticut and Vermont, but it's the latest ruling on the matter and will surely provoke a spate of challenges.

I like the argument:  discriminating against a person because of their sexuality essentially constitutes discrimination based on their sex, because if you get the creepies and refuse to sell a sausage wrap to a man who loves the mens then you are basically discriminating against him because he's a man.  If he were a woman, you wouldn't care; ergo, it's sexual discrimination.

Edited by jimmyjazz

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that sexuality constitutes a protected class.  It only applies to New York, Connecticut and Vermont, but it's the latest ruling on the matter and will surely provoke a spate of challenges.

I like the argument:  discriminating against a person because of their sexuality essentially constitutes discrimination based on their sex, because if you get the creepies and refuse to sell a sausage wrap to a man who loves the mens then you are basically discriminating against him because he's a man.  If he were a woman, you wouldn't care; ergo, it's sexual discrimination.

That's all kinds of wrong.

The discrimination is related to sexual preference, not gender.

By your description, it would be consistent as long the seller also refuses the business of the bull dyke who likes the womynz.

That's not to say i support the discrimination, but the logic is all fucked up.

Edited by slorch

By your description, it would be consistent as long the seller also refuses the business of the bull dyke who likes the womynz.

Actually, it’s quite sound, and I’ve been an advocate of that reasoning for years.

If I have two people who like to eat hot dogs, and I’ll sell my house to a woman who eats hot dogs, but not to a man who eats hot dogs, then I’m discriminating on the basis of gender. I clearly don’t have a problem with hot dog-eating; I sold my house to the woman who eats them. Instead, my problem is with the gender of the hot dog-eater, which makes it gender-based discrimination.

BTW, in my delicate, subtle example, hot dogs are actually penises.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

This reply is one of those Dunning Kruger case studies that proudly espouses some retarded conclusion that anyone with an ounce of brains realizes is complete horse shit.

We need to stop tossing around "protected class" as a term in general discrimination law.  While it is descriptive of those afforded protection by the Equal Protection Clause or statutes such as the Civil Rights Act(s) or the EEO Act/Title VII, it only has real meaning in the context of Title VII, or employment discrimination litigation.

While holding a group to be a "protected class" under TItle VII can be a bellwether for more general civil rights, Title VII is among the most broadly worded and inclusive anti-discrimination laws on our books  In the example here, it prohibits employment discrimination based on "sex," which isn't typical of the language of more general statutes or the Constitution (but it is in the CRA 1964).  What goes for Title VII doesn't necessarily go for anything else.  And Title VII reaches private action, while the Constitution does not, per se.

For example, the statement that the Second Circuit has declared sexual orientation to be a protected class is accurate for purposes of Title VII, it doesn't mean that discrimination on that basis in other contexts is unlawful.

Edited by TwiceHorn

You are correct, it was a case regarding Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.  According to what I've read, it holds in the workplace, as well as housing and schools.

It's still an interesting ruling, and to my knowledge, the most recent one.  It also contradicts the White House's interpretation of Title VII.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Your post works when you read it in this voice.

jeff-spicoli.jpg?w=520&h=580

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You are correct, it was a case regarding Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.  According to what I've read, it holds in the workplace, as well as housing and schools.

It's still an interesting ruling, and to my knowledge, the most recent one.  It also contradicts the White House's interpretation of Title VII.

Slorch has been tossing it around here and there, among others, in contexts where it doesn't really belong, other than in the descriptive sense.

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

National Assn. of Realtors (of which I'm a member) has just yanked it's support of this douche. 

Gays should just start a religion based upon a FABULOUS DUALITY GOD, who requires going to theater and ballroom dancing and lots of gay sex as a way to worship him/her.

Then, adopt a platform that calls for everything that the Assembly of God likes, save that anti-gay thing.    Call it, "Kristian."

Then, sue for every act of gay bashing or homophobic stupidity, claiming that is an abridgment of their Freedom of Religion.     Cite Heritage Foundation Case law.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

What movie is that? Have I been hiding under a rock?

whoops found it. Can’t believe I never saw that before. 

It was pretty fucking mindblowing when I first saw it in the 8th grade during the early 80s. That was my introduction to Pink before I'd heard of Dark Side.

Needless to say, still a fan.

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It was pretty fucking mindblowing when I first saw it in the 8th grade during the early 80s. That was my introduction to Pink before I'd heard of Dark Side.

Needless to say, still a fan.

I was a fan of the Pink before the Dark Side as well.  Progressions

6 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It’s not a preference, slorch. 

I stand corrected.

Thank you.  

I understand why it was the wrong word to use and apologize.

Edited by slorch

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, it’s quite sound, and I’ve been an advocate of that reasoning for years.

If I have two people who like to eat hot dogs, and I’ll sell my house to a woman who eats hot dogs, but not to a man who eats hot dogs, then I’m discriminating on the basis of gender. I clearly don’t have a problem with hot dog-eating; I sold my house to the woman who eats them. Instead, my problem is with the gender of the hot dog-eater, which makes it gender-based discrimination.

BTW, in my delicate, subtle example, hot dogs are actually penises.

ap_17107417644314.jpg?w=990

• Like 2
  • Haha 1